Enhancements to Entropia Forum

Site Admin
Admin
My biggest excitment in acquiring EntropiaForum is the prospect of adding new features and tools that will make our members' time spent on the forum more productive and enjoyable.

I have some ideas already in mind, but I thought it would be a great help to hear YOUR ideas on what features you would like to see added, to make your time spent here more enjoyable and productive, and increase communication in the community.

We have alot of very bright, creative folks here so I am looking forward to your ideas, so let loose in this thread!

Hmmm, well I don't have any amazing Ideas, but more of a practical one. I've always wanted the feature of an "Ingame Name" label on the post. Like under the Soc Label or something :)

Nothing too creative, but practical :)

I think for most It would make no difference, but for idiots like me that signed up with a different name then my Ingame name, It would be useful.

Also It'd be nice to see peoples full names, this would help deter copy-cat names, and impersonators.

excellent idea.

I guess what I'd like to see is a good help section. Explain the icons, User CP, reputation and store sections a little better.

Last edited:
OK please take my comments with a grain of salt. Since you EF is under new managment it seems. I will offer my honest opinion. So please nobody take it to personal.

I stoped cheking new post on EF about 2-3 months ago. I mostly just stalk a couple of the key people like Marco, Neverdie, Deathifier, Members of Warrants and cK.... As they say things that are worth listing to.

I find much of the post here to be uninformative lately and it seems to hard to sift through the tons of post to find the real info.

I feel that the major problem is there are many many users and not enough ways to keep a good handle on things.

So my suggestion of how to make this better.

1. More moderators, and some clear cut rules no grey areas.
2. Mods would be incharge of certain areas instead of the entire forum. Some being double covered.
3. Make sure to have equal amounts of mods for the American Time zones and the Euro time zones.
4. Re-establish rules that suite the community not just ONE persons Opinion
5. Instead of locking threads that have info recently mentioned(e.g. News about a new item) Merge the 2.

6. Get infront of the news and have Mods streamlining the informations. I'll explain: Say news about a VU or an Event happens. The mods would be hopefully first on the scene to start the threads and keep. Skam does a great job of this but you need more ppl.

7. Make a set rule to get rid and punish flamers, and people that just argue about the same things over and over. The goal should be to keep people that can speak critically of EU but keep things positive. Get rid of the ppl that dont play and dont realy care and that TRY to ruin the fun that the people that do enjoy.

8. Reset everyone to zero rep every 6 months. I know this seems like a stretch but fact is people change. Think of how many ppl with HIGH rep are banned from here.

Last edited:
Dom_sufc said:
Hmmm, well I don't have any amazing Ideas, but more of a practical one. I've always wanted the feature of an "Ingame Name" label on the post. Like under the Soc Label or something :)

Nothing too creative, but practical :)

I think for most It would make no difference, but for idiots like me that signed up with a different name then my Ingame name, It would be useful.

Also It'd be nice to see peoples full names, this would help deter copy-cat names, and impersonators.

I'm with Dom in both toughts, specially the 1st cause i'm one of the idiots lol :D

Rumsponge said:
excellent idea.

I guess what I'd like to see is a good help section. Explain the icons, User CP, reputation and store sections a little better.

Also agree with that to :D, cause i had to ask how those things work to fully understand them...

How about a press release on the front page to maximise exposure to the EF community, with a link to this thread. Say Howdy!

SKYPE Name option in "Instant Messaging" section of Profile.... :rolleyes:

Well, this has been discussed before, but I will throw it in the ring again.

I would very much like to resurect the "private" soc area. MB did a "test" one for The Church of Lootius, but it was deemed to much work to roll it out to more socs.

In my case, we have a small soc of 20 or so, and it would be wonderful for us to have a central place to announce things and generally talk shit :D

Not to sure on the workings of VBulletin, but maybe it could be looked into. Create a new section for Private forums - create a new Child Forum for "The Disturbed Ones" and then receive a list of users from the soc leader (me). It is then just a case of giving these users access to the particular Child forum, using their normal login. Or the other way around is just to add a password to the child forum, this password then given to the required members.

You could even allow Admin powers to the leader of the soc to edit that particular child forum, to save the hassle of Forum mods having to check a bunch of little sub forums as well.

As mentioned before, this could be part of a new Premium Member B option, requiring a more regular contribution to the costs of things.

Safara

I want a customizable "New Posts" function.

This would complement my style of reading this forum most. I have to aggree to most of what Rex mentioned, when you been not reading the forum for two days or so, you have a really tough time sorting things out.

Make "New Posts" customizable in a way that I can choose the forums I want to be shown.

Simple checkbuttons should do, whether you want the new posts since your last visit to be seen or not. Default should be "All" <- make that a single check button, so you don't have to click em all when you want to go back to full "New Posts".

If thats already in somehow, please slap me and point me to it :)

The ability to see which posts a user has gotten rep for. As of today, the rep-system is useless and unstable, as you can get rep for just saying "Quack...... .. . . .. . .. . . .... .. .. ". I wanna know what people have said in the past that has granted then reputation, both positive and negative.

Some great ideas posted so far!

Keep them coming :)

RexDameon said:
... I mostly just stalk a couple of the key people like Marco, Neverdie, Deathifier, Members of Warrants and cK.... As they say things that are worth listing to.

Maybe an option to check only the new posts from users in your buddy list ?... :)

Last edited:
Lorfat said:
Maybe an option to check only the new posts from users in your buddy list ?... :)

Good one, I liked that. Gives the buddylist more to it!
:thumbup:

How about an option to move your buddy list to the top of the page, or even move around the different modules altogether?

Edit: Talking about the front page. ;)

Edit2: Also, how about a list at the bottom of the page to see who is viewing that thread? And an option to log in invis, so if you don't want, you won't show up in the list?

Thorfin "Thor" said:
How about an option to move your buddy list to the top of the page, or even move around the different modules altogether?

Edit: Talking about the front page. ;)

Edit2: Also, how about a list at the bottom of the page to see who is viewing that thread? And an option to log in invis, so if you don't want, you won't show up in the list?

Some nice ideas with regard to modules Thor, although I am not sure the current platform (vBulletin) supports this type of functionality.

As for invisible mode, you can already do this in your Edit Options page. :)

yeah, the friendlist must become more usefull.

like rex said, i always check for some people's new posts, Especially Marco's posts.

also other people such as neverdie, deathifier, akoz etc.

i would like to see that option...

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

this has been a pain for me(max 40 post shown) for long

as i use tabbed browsing and EF has so many new post daily

i would really like to see that u have at least 50 or better 100 post shown per page.

over and out

Change page counter link :
Usual its ( "Multi-page thread" 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
The multi page thread icon can be removed its useless , if there lots of page counted , i know its multi page.
Also , if there 20 page , there a lot of chance i have allready read the first page , but probably i have read the 2 or 3 last new page , so something like :

(1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 25)

Would be more interessing.

Also , i usual use the the "new post" option.
Why not also put a link on eatch thread to jump directly where was the thread last time i cheked forum.like :
(1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 25)
Or an special icon for that purpose.

a buton to ask for a thread to get stiky an transmute in revision or unstiky when its stiked.

Etopia: I think there already is a function for that. If you click the green arrow next to a thread name, It takes you to the posts AFTER your last visit.

how about an actual event system... instead of just using posts to give notice of an event.. create a complete event system.. where you can search for which prices.. types of events.. locations.. times... and so on.. and then link it in with the forum..

Prehaps also a bit more group orientated .. in the sence that once you join a soc.. you automatically enter that group.. so you can quickly see if anyone from your "group" (soc) has written any new posts... (I know thats basically the same as the buddy list - but i dont wanna manually add everyone from my soc to my buddy list - there should be an option to be automatically entered into this buddy-list/group)...

Same goes for the trading section.. why not make it as an actual trade section.. dont use a forum for something it isent intended to.. its fine that we "speak" in the trading section.. but i want to be able to search for an item quickly.. as it is now.. if i type "EP-40" in the search.. i bet ya i will find 10.000 posts about EP-40's that hasent got anything with selling an EP-40 to do...

A quick tweak could also be to have the current server status on the site somewhere.. just so you in the case of a VU can check when its online again...

And ohh.. yeah.. get the page to work with AJAX... I dont want to "refresh" the page to check if i have gotten any new PM's.. the system should update that seemless...

More will come as i think off it.....

Dom_sufc said:
Etopia: I think there already is a function for that. If you click the green arrow next to a thread name, It takes you to the posts AFTER your last visit.

Erf , never noticed it before ...I all time though it was som kind or decoration ...
Maybe time to "clean" the things in a more "logical" way.
Like put that arow at the place of the multi-page icone ...
Would be more sinifican that is a link for me at least if it was with all other link ...
Put it before name seems strange...
Well , now that i know what it do , i will use...
But i guess i am maybe not the only dumb noob user that have no clue of that arow power ...(i hope i am not alone ... please tell me i am not alone)

What I would like to see happen on EF,

As it is now some threads which are not supposed to be here, either flaming or other stuff along those lines from time ti time happen to run for several hours sometimes 6-8 hours before a Mod notice it. It would be a definent plus if there were a few more mods and if they had different timezones so all hours were covored so this doesn't happen. Also maybe they should have different sections assigned so they do not have to watch the hole forum which I guess can be a big task.

2'nd thing is that as it is now if a person asks to get his/her thread closed the mods just do it. (a thread has been running about this subject) it would be nice that the threadstarters did not have as much power unless their thread turns into flamining or goes way out of topic, many good threads has been closed upon request of threadstarter without any further reason other than the comunity not agreeing with threadstarter.

:girl:

/Nakia

1. get rid of some people, and some moderators.
2. tell us who you are.
3. make the off-topic section have its own 'newposts' section, i so i dont have to look at what someone was eating last night before finding what the new update was.
4. allow posts with constructive flaming, not pure flaming, but at least allow us to post with passion.
5. delete moronic posts; not just abusive ones. preferably moronic threads deleted before the abusive replies :)

nakia point 2, and all of aio's points :wise:

Can we get rid of that cheesy chick in the top banner?

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of hot chicks but it doesn't look right when a coworker walks by my desk and sees some hussy with a gun. :)

Epictetus said:

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of hot chicks but it doesn't look right when a coworker walks by my desk and sees some hussy with a gun. :)

Yeah 711... Give Epic his rent boys with guns....

:rofl:

I would like the messages you send to people when you rep them to appear in your "sent messages" folder. Just for archiving purposes.

Epictetus said:

hehe i think ur onto something there

can we have a corporate looking skin for the forum for all the peeps sneaking thier way onto ef at work :D

Back