Note to self

lanksia said:
i really could care less how u use it with transistors...google 2k6...then come back and tell me they're talking about NBA 2600 and NHL 2600 :rolleyes:

let me break it down for u

2k = two thousand
6 = six

now pronounce it...2k6...two thousand six....does that sound like two thousand six hundred :confused:

sorry for the OT, i'm gone :silly2:

Not to go Into a deep, nerdy discussion. I have to agree with Lanskia lol. And wow Is this off-topic. And seriously nerdy :D

lanksia said:
i really could care less how u use it with transistors...google 2k6...then come back and tell me they're talking about NBA 2600 and NHL 2600 :rolleyes:

let me break it down for u

2k = two thousand
6 = six

now pronounce it...2k6...two thousand six....does that sound like two thousand six hundred :confused:
I really could care less how people are unable to use correct notation, that's why i'm not gonna post more after this post - you can remain in ignorance if you so please. The brittish standard notation is the way it is for a reason - to make it easier to work with big numbers. it really shouldn't be hard to understand...

20. = twenty
6 = six
pronounced twenty six, making 20.6 = 26. nice logic.

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh: lol.... just... lol

DarkFire said:

20. = twenty
6 = six

damn m8 i said i wasnt gonna write again but u cant write non sense like that :laugh:
if you write 20.6 u need to pronouce it :tongue2:

20. = twenty point or ideally just 20 and then u get the .6 = point six making twenty point six ;) but it's fine u know u just stick to your british empire standards and we oh so blessed ignorants will just keep living in our non sense but we'll understand each other :tongue2:

lanksia said:
damn m8 i said i wasnt gonna write again but u cant write non sense like that :laugh:
if you write 20.6 u need to pronouce it :tongue2:

20. = twenty point or ideally just 20 and then u get the .6 = point six making twenty point six ;) but it's fine u know u just stick to your british empire standards and we oh so blessed ignorants will just keep living in our non sense but we'll understand each other :tongue2:

Fine, but then 2k = two k, which makes a difference when adding more decimals after, just like 20. is not just 20 when adding decimals after the point. jeez :rolleyes:

DarkFire said:
Fine, but then 2k = two k, which makes a difference when adding more decimals after, just like 20. is not just 20 when adding decimals after the point. jeez :rolleyes:

i give up i'd rather explain to a wall... Lorfat here's an achievement for u...get Darkfire to understand :rolleyes:

we're just both right (well if u make abstraction of the common sense part :tongue2: )

Chainfire said:
well it's simple... in scientific notation 2k5 is actually 2500. But common is 2005. Common sense dictates what means what when. It's just like kb = 1024b and mb = 1024*1024b... commonly used as 1000 and 1000*1000 respectively. And now officially the 1024 variants are kib and mib (capitalization may vary). But who the hell knows those things. And more to the point, who the F*** cares.

Common Sense(tm) - now available in stores near you.

Last edited:
DarkFire said:
I really could care less how people are unable to use correct notation, that's why i'm not gonna post more after this post - you can remain in ignorance if you so please. The brittish standard notation is the way it is for a reason - to make it easier to work with big numbers. it really shouldn't be hard to understand...

20. = twenty
6 = six

20.6 would actually make 21, as u round up numbers to the nearest ten/hundred/thous/mill etc,
the answer u got from ur lil equation is exactly the same as 26.0, but coz it is 0 u dont inc it into the sum, so 20.6 is not 26, sorry for the insane off topic there, but gratz on ur skills m8, :)

Amazing how this thread went totally off-topic!

Naifas

I think we can consider those OT for free bump :) more ppl see the thread so more gratz to lorfat .. :)

Gratz again mate ;)

Back