Version Update 7.1 Applied

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/newspics/71.gif[/wrap]
The Project-Entropia VU 7.1 has been applied.
Some of the changes includes but not limited to...

MindForce Resurrection.
Revival changes.
Ghost and Ghost talk.
Chat system updated.
Friend confirmation.
Amethera Enhancements.
Personalized nicknames used globally.
PED Card Update.
Auction Updates.
Professional standings updated.
Auto-Logoff system implemented.
HoF message fix.
Better Client/Server creature health synch.
Manufacturing fix.
Client crash fix.
Streamlined Animation.

View the whole list with descriptions here...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266

Discuss....

ped card bug fixed but still not working correctly

you can still only take out limited amounts of pec, but are limited to amount above the ped e.g. if i had 4.44ped on my card i can only remove 44pec. instead of unlimited amounts.
:(

Change in graphics. Death looks way cooler.
newdeath.JPG

When you revive you dont need to click the revivalterminal. Great because its been a revival-bug.

Alot more items drops, but they have lower tt, this will influence the market and make prices go down. At least for the small items. I dont know yet on rare-items if the droprate on them is higher now but I doubt it. But if so, Im not gonna be sad :D

LOL nice VU! I'm now Remarkable Surveyor! I R UBER Miner! :evilking:

Yes I like the new death scene with the skull and cross bones as well as the automatic revival at the terminal.
Amethera is much better now too :girl:

lolz yes i am a surveyor too! :) i really do like the new revival option and the animation with the skull and crossbones, looks great.

The only thing is that the death-glow animation dont fade away if they stay there dead. And its kinda annoying when they lie around at rig glowing.. I think :silly2:

we have a log out timer of 10 minutes, if they dont move for 10 mins they get a kick off the server :p

<---- Hasn't gotten a chance to log in yet, but cannot wait as many fixes and improvements that we have been waiting for are in!!

DD
:evilking:

Terra said:
we have a log out timer of 10 minutes, if they dont move for 10 mins they get a kick off the server :p

I'm wondering- does chatting count as "active"... if I'm standing with some1 talking but not moving or using a weap/fap, will I still get kicked after 10 min? :confused:

has anyone seen this streaming animation in the content? Only thing i notice is that crafting machines and TP's seem to move a little faster with there worly parts.

I could swear i'm running and moving around a bit faster too but that could be my imagination.

Otherwise i'm loving the new death sequence and the new SC designes on ameth and everything. Way to go MA :headbang:

So far new VU looks good except the mobs regenerate to full hp once u loose them from radar :mad: but I guess that is just another way for MA to make more money :cussing:

Tigerbuz said:
So far new VU looks good except the mobs regenerate to full hp once u loose them from radar :mad: but I guess that is just another way for MA to make more money :cussing:

they do? that sucks :mad:

Tigerbuz said:

yes- true it's another avenue for MA to make money, but really I don't think of this as a big deal. Several vu's ago they made the mobs health regenerate faster, so I'm used to returning to a mob with full health or at least 75% health or whatever.
In the end, while it takes adjusting and is something of a downer, I think it makes sense... if the mob kills you, the mob wins essentially... and you lose your ammo and decay. oh well. don't die ;)

ok- i hear a flame war against me coming up :girl: go easy pls

I got home from work last morning, itching to try the new VU. Logged on, talk to soc-mate right away (yey), hunted some and gor lots of items (yey) died to see the death-thingy (yey) tried hunting again (not so yey), saw lots of new mobs I've never seen, like pink cornunds, warped players, my axe dripping with blood (yeah, that was then the sleeping pill kicked in, and I had to go to bed). Now I've used three hours to remember what the VU was about, as the pills causes small amnetia, so, when I'm home from work, I'll have a almost new VU to try out :p

Right new I think I want alzheimers, new VU every day :D

Svetlana said:
yes- true it's another avenue for MA to make money, but really I don't think of this as a big deal. Several vu's ago they made the mobs health regenerate faster, so I'm used to returning to a mob with full health or at least 75% health or whatever.
In the end, while it takes adjusting and is something of a downer, I think it makes sense... if the mob kills you, the mob wins essentially... and you lose your ammo and decay. oh well. don't die ;)

ok- i hear a flame war against me coming up :girl: go easy pls

ok tell me this:if the mob wins and gets full hp why don't I get full hp "just like the mob" when I win :argue:

Tigerbuz said:
ok tell me this:if the mob wins and gets full hp why don't I get full hp "just like the mob" when I win :argue:

And why don't I get full hp when I walk off your radar?

This can in fact give someone a good laugh. Player A almost kills a mob, and runs away. Player B stands just by the mob when it disapears from player A's radar. Player B, which in this example is not ready to take on this kind of mob, suddenly is facing a full hp mob which is very hungry.

Tigerbuz said:

LOL- nice nice. Valid point. But as you stated, and as I agreed, it's another avenue for MA to make money on decay ;)
But, your inability to refill health like a mob comes in handy for your fapping skills :kos:... so it costs money for you, but you skill up doing so ;)

So far its been a smooth VU. No major problems except the "Evil Pec Bug 2" ;)

I think from what I can tell, much of the angst in this VU has come from the major changes in the loot system, which seems to be a reshuffling by the dynamic economy system. Which is understandable, PE has grown substantial since the TI event horizon and the system probably has to adjust for that :)

All in all its looking good :d

I think "Evil Pec Bug 2" is just a kick to the general direction. We all knew how to get around the old bug, so now they remade it another way.

Or, in correct words: "We don't know how to remove the bug, so we change it so it looks more like a stupid feature"

Shadow-Ale said:
I think "Evil Pec Bug 2" is just a kick to the general direction. We all knew how to get around the old bug, so now they remade it another way.

Or, in correct words: "We don't know how to remove the bug, so we change it so it looks more like a stupid feature"

I sincerely doubt MA spent their critical programming hours trying to figure out how to make another bug.

Does anyone REALLY care about the PEC bug anyways??

Overall my first impressions of this VU are great! I love all of the items in loot now. :eek:

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
Does anyone REALLY care about the PEC bug anyways??

I dunno. I guess it might be annoyance but I havent ever had any trouble with it. Actually I once read how to exactly get that bug (the old pec bug) and tried it to be sure that it actually exist.

Essi said:
I dunno. I guess it might be annoyance but I havent ever had any trouble with it. Actually I once read how to exactly get that bug (the old pec bug) and tried it to be sure that it actually exist.

Ya- I have to laugh at myself over all the newbs that became irate with the pec bug situation. It really hasn't impacted me much at all :laugh:

hehe pec bug wasnt much of aprob for me either, i just used ammo if i had any problem, and i only had to do that once in a while :p

Faustian said:
LOL nice VU! I'm now Remarkable Surveyor! I R UBER Miner! :evilking:

Now you can make mine-fields and bomb them to death! :)

........ Too bad they fixed this huh? :)

Back