No more selling items/peds for IRL cash !!!

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
Due to changes in the Project-Entropia "Conditions Of Use" it is no longer allowed to sell items or PED's for real cash.

Thereby any "Selling PED's by PayPal/MoneyBookers/Bank Transfer" is no longer allowed in the EntropiaForum Trade Forum.

Same goes for items ofcourse.

Anything put up for sale in this Trade forum MUST be set for sale using INGAME PED's.

Read the following thread for further explanation...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3722

/Edit

Read further down in this thread about EFD auctions.

Last edited:
What about our EFD auctions? :confused:
Are those too banned by MA?

ultimababe said:

if you take their conditions seriously then yes, efd auctions break the terms.

Last edited:
ultimababe said:

I will have to talk with MA about that, no real money is involved in those EFD auctions, ingame it's only items changing hands for free.

I'm sure MA is aware of those EFD auctions taking place, and they havent contacted me telling their meaning on matter, but i will contact them and ask.

/edit

IF they are allowed, donators would no longer get any extra EFD for donating though :wise:

wanda said:
if you take their condistions seriously then yes, efd auctions break the terms.

darn! :mad:

but seriously, who's going to scam people off EFD, especially when MB can give and take it as he pleases? Marco, if you read this, please tell us if EFD auctions are seriously banned??? :eek:

MindBuster said:
no real money is involved in those EFD auctions, ingame it's only items changing hands for free.

I don't think it is an issue of real money, its an issue of selling items outside of PE and using any other system but their own.

here is what i wrote in another thread:

well WTF.... what about those of us who have NO CHOICE but to buy peds through paypal because MA fucked up and wont allow us to deposit through them because our CC verification no longer allows transactions through them?

All of my deposits fail now because of some problem between my verification company and MA... guess i cant deposit then? If thats the case, im outta here... :rolleyes:

Guess I cant deposit no more at all huh?

Gruye said:
Guess I cant deposit no more at all huh?

I would say work with support to get it fixed :)

DD
:evilking:

I asked Marco|MindArk about the EFD auctions....

Here's what i wrote:

MindBuster said:
Hi Marco

Reading the new additions to the "PE Conditions of use" i was wondering how MA look at the "EFD Auctions" taking place in the EntropiaForum Trade forum.

Members put up auctions "trading" items for EFD (EntropiaForum Dollars), as no real money is involved they are merely "trading" and not "Selling" as such.

The items "traded" are low tt low-end items that ingame just "change hands"

What im asking, are these EFD auctions deemed inappropriate by MA and should be stopped or are members allowed to continue these auctions as long as no real life money are involved ?

Any answer you might have would be very appreciated, personally i dont see any problem with it, but if MA doesnt like the idea i will ofcourse disallow it immediately.

:)

Here is Marco's reply:

Marco|MindArk said:
At the moment I see no problem with the EFD system, and haven't heard any problems surrounding it from any participant either. I believe the EF boards are a wonderful gathering and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Regards
-Marco

Seems that means that EFD auctions are still allowed ;)

Woohoo :clap:
Thanks fer askin' Mr Admin Body Type Person :)

Can we all assume therefore that anyone can set up a website with a virtual credit system and trade goods?

wanda said:
Can we all assume therefore that anyone can set up a website with a virtual credit system and trade goods?

Why are you asking MB? He didn't make the answer... And if you are "xxxRetiredxxx" WTF do you care anyways? Just trolling or what?

DD

wanda said:

Prolly depends on how ppl get those "credits", how would you set up a system like that without involving RL cash ?

Person a sets up a forum.
Person b joins the forum.
Person a offers item x for 10k virtual credit.
Person b wants to buy item x from person a.
Person a (being admin) says put $10k in my bank and i will give you 10k of virtual credit.
Person b gives the money and gets the virtual credit
Person b donates credit
In game trade is made.

The actual transaction for this item has been sold for virtual credit - how the credit was gained isn't relevent.
It could just as easily be for a service where money hasn't even been mentioned eg. payment for setting up a website, a plumber fixing your toilet accepting it as payment instead of money etc

Devil Doll said:
Why are you asking MB? He didn't make the answer... And if you are "xxxRetiredxxx" WTF do you care anyways? Just trolling or what?

DD

why do you assume i was even addressing MB and not marco?
There is only one troll here :rolleyes:

wanda said:
how the credit was gained isn't relevent.

Umm, i would say it's very relevant...

Devil Doll said:
I would say work with support to get it fixed :)

DD

[sarcasm]

wow, why didnt i think of that before!!!

[/sarcasm]

thing is, i did. they said talk to the bank, as there is nothing they can do about it, and that it is most likely a problem on my banks end... i talked with the bank and they said it was a problem between MA and the verification company... i will try to deposit through MA again once i get my paycheck this week, and if i cannot do it, i will raise hell at MA support, as i do not want to risk getting locked due to MA's mistake ;)

It's not true. You can still use the so called "black market" to transfer items and peds. Nothing has really changed, only that MA can freely take action against you if you do so.
And that happens if they learn about it.

Gruye said:
[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

thing is, i did. they said talk to the bank, as there is nothing they can do about it, and that it is most likely a problem on my banks end... i talked with the bank and they said it was a problem between MA and the verification company... i will try to deposit through MA again once i get my paycheck this week, and if i cannot do it, i will raise hell at MA support, as i do not want to risk getting locked due to MA's mistake ;)

try "add funds" through website where you file support - not the game,

worked for me

Any system like this is only as good as the people who run it..... Are they trustworthy????!!!!!!????

Also.... its only any good if the public at large accept it.... so it really takes a lot of planning and VERY careful marketing to get those people to buy into it.

Take our EFD for example..... EFD are only worth something if people are actually selling things for EFD...... I mean if I sell something for EFD today, its because I think that I may be able to buy something in the future with those EFD..... if not, then what is the point ?

Well I just woke up and received the email as well. The fact that 'ped traders' exist in the first place is because of the waiting time incurred transferring money out of the game.
If it takes you 10 seconds to press a few buttons and transfer money in, then you'd hope for the same process and speed when transferring money out. I hear of nightmares like having 5 weeks to wait for a transfer from game. Is that just to discourage people from transferring funds out?

Also in the same email it did mention that spreading or commenting on rumours about the game which may be negative toward MA, it's staff or PE will be against the rules. So we're not allowed to critisize or provide any feedback on any forum that may be detrimental to the game or it's staff!

Sounds like Communism to me. Stiffling right to free speech or freedom of opinion online. *sigh*

A virtual police state.

Yep...
You're right....
Virtual Police State....
The "owners" run the show..... and because we're so addicted and keep on buying their stuff, the customer service will never change.

This is true in all business... and it seems to be common world wide.

Great that MA made an exception for EFD auctions. Allthough the eula legaly fails. One exception made means other exceptions can and will be made.

fresco said:
try "add funds" through website where you file support - not the game,

worked for me

i cannot deposit at all through MA... fails no matter what i do... worked fine a few months ago, then all of a sudden started failing.... :(

Gruye said:
i cannot deposit at all through MA... fails no matter what i do... worked fine a few months ago, then all of a sudden started failing.... :(

They don't want your money, honey.... they WANT YOUR LOVE !!!!

Although I'm not addicted to PE I was looking for and hoping for something different from other MMORPG's. I can understand and do appreciate that they do wish to take steps against players being scammed through possible shady PED trades, but to not allow players to comment about the game is a tough one.
People like to vent their frustrations and where emotion exists well we all know people can do crazy things.
I'm just hoping that account locking won't be practiced without careful scrutiny, mediation and observation of all facts.
Some players like myself have intrusted a lot of money into this game, more so than any other game. At the minimum I'd hope a liquidation of the account assets at TT value and the funds transferred to the perpetrators cc could be wished for when a permanent lock is executed on the account.

Having once been a staff moderator in an MMORPG myself, account locking is one of the most powerful tools around when all other avenues have been exhausted, you'd never abuse it.

Moving to similar forum topic:
Change to terms and conditions.

Last edited:
The Mighty said:
Take our EFD for example..... EFD are only worth something if people are actually selling things for EFD...... I mean if I sell something for EFD today, its because I think that I may be able to buy something in the future with those EFD..... if not, then what is the point ?

Please read here about the EFD system, the auctions just "happended" and should not be considered the main use of the EFD, if you sell an item for EFD dont expect to buy another better item, the EFD is for coloring usernames/custom titles. :wise:

I think i read somewhere that they encouraged people to use external means of buying/selling ingame items, and they was a pioneer of that, and they did'nt care...

I am confused, my memory must be scrambled or something...

*shrugs*

:confused:

Also i would appreciate it if you read this http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24638
mama...

Last edited:
Gruye said:
[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

didnt read the whole thread, but: gruye, you can still deposit through the other ways MA provides. FE paybycash, and then banktrnasfer

Back