EU Ambassador

Maybe getting a badge is tied to having subscribed or bought a copy of The Entropian? Just a wild guess...

Huskie said:
Maybe getting a badge is tied to having subscribed or bought a copy of The Entropian? Just a wild guess...

Nah- I wrote for it and I don't have one :D

e-lite said:
Jealousy in an award ceremony like this one isn't pretty. Am I the only one that thinks this is a beautiful gesture and that the awarded ones deserve it ?

Apologies...I missed the :p out of my post.

It is nice for those who got it.

Can I have that lollipop :D

Arrrrghhhhh I have to wait 1.5 month to see if I got one or not :O

omg

horror

Kjetil said:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Today I recieved a letter from Mindark including a badge with the information "Entropia Universe Ambassadoor". The letter was dated 6th of September, so I am sure more ppl also will recieve this one soon.

What do you think about this form of marketing?
I think it is a nice way for them to can spread information and to get more clients.

PS. The image is not in good quallity. I had only an old celular phone as the only camera available. I am sure other ppl can upload a better quality picture soon. Anyway, it is a cool IRL item from MA.

/Kjetil :cool:

... maybe I should shut up because I am always POed when I am not the best... well continue with your good work and grats :mad:

Svetlana said:
The *one* issue I have is that my husband King Buzzo got one and I did not! :D Really, though- who prefers him to me? :girl:

lol, that is funny :laugh:

Naa but seriously though, I for one is happy to see that MA did not just give this award to veterans und ubers with In-world status, but actually to a newbie too. That is cool.

We have been discussing the implications of being an Ambassador. I think the obvious one was listed on Marco's blog: to have ppl from across the world that could attend functions/events/etc in place of MA (as they, of course, could never have a presence at all such events). In order to do this, perhaps they might be able to provide each ambassador with any upcoming events they know of. I think, however, the brunt of it might be left to each person.

Also, I am wondering if there wouldn't be a way for ambassadors to do something in game, eventually, as well. I should think such ppl would be the perfect choice for any possible ingame newbie help, etc (something akin to <removed other game name>). We shall see, I suppose. All speculation.

*Sveta- who is too mature to reply directly to e-lite's above post, in case you were wondering. :girl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Svetlana said:
*Sveta- who is too mature to reply directly to e-lite's above post, in case you were wondering. :girl:

Hmm.. Okay ? Whatever that means.. :confused:

e-lite said:
lol, that is funny :laugh:

Naa but seriously though, I for one is happy to see that MA did not just give this award to veterans und ubers with In-world status, but actually to a newbie too. That is cool.

K.B. is a nOOb???? :(

The EU-Ambassador badge has an honorable value, and creating pics with sarcastic comments across the badge is minimizing and discounting that value to those who received the badge ... myself included.

I can appreciate humor, but this is truly in poor taste, and any more that are posted will be deleted.

Thank You!

For the record, and without saying you aren't allowed to feel it's bad taste Mindstar, my sense of humor and self relativation can easily cope with badges saying: <other things> and I don't feel the value of my badge is minimized or discounted in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
:girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

Last edited:
Leafren said:
For the record, and without saying you aren't allowed to feel it's bad taste Mindstar, my sense of humor and self relativation can easily cope with badges saying: <other things> and I don't feel the value of my badge is minimized or discounted in any way.

You are just one of many who received this badge, and with all due respect to your own personal take on this, it's still in bad taste to minimize something like this with sarcastic and mocking humor ... and you are not representative of "all" of us who received this honor.

I also removed the text that you quoted from the other posts since they have been deleted.

Thanks for your perspective on this, it's appreciated, but the end result is still the same. Those pics opened up an invitation to others to do the same, and as we all know, everyone isn't respectful in how they post stuff like this, so it won't be happening.

dub said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Could you elaborate?

The pics that were created were "mocking" the EU-Ambassador badge and what it stood for by writing sarcastic text across it. It is devaluing the very essence of the badge.

I appreciate humor, but this is in poor taste, and besides, it was also taking this thread off-topic and in a direction it didn't need to go, because it was opening it up to those who take pleasure in flaming MA in whatever way possible, even from a subtle perspective.

Last edited:
Fair enough, although I'm convinced that only a very small minority of the visitors at this forum, including the ambassadors, would be or were offended by these humorous photoshop edits of the badges.

and you are not representative of "all" of us who received this honor.

Could you point out where I said or implied anything like that? I clearly said my and I in my post. You aren't either yet you removed these, let's be honest, pretty harmless edits clearly meant as jokes. You aren't a moderator to protect yourself from unnecessary obscenties, bad taste and so on. You are a moderator to serve the visitors, of which I'm convinced very few would find those pics offending, if any at all. At most I can imagine someone finds it a bad joke, but in my opinion there shouldn't be anyone deciding what's a bad joke and a good one except everyone for him- or herself.

I'm with you on the 'things getting out of hand' part. You are right this could happen. I don't agree with taking the 'temptation' away though. This reminds me of societal forms which make me very uncomfortable but I'll save those ponderings for some other forum, or you can ask me in PM of course.

To summarize: all I wanted to point out if I'm not bothered at all by those edited pics and I made a post about this becauyse I thought it's good to see different views on things. Especially concidering the context here with not many ambassadors being around.

Leafren said:
I'm with you on the 'things getting out of hand' part. You are right this could happen. I don't agree with taking the 'temptation' away though.

Sorry for the confusion, and I will make the "moderating" part of this thread very clear so that it's understood.

I deleted the posts for a very specific reason ... because as a moderator, I am very well aware of the history at this forum, and how things can and do get out of hand based on what's offered in a thread. Therefore, my decision for deleting the posts and removing the "temptation" that you speak of so that it did NOT go off in a specific direction was totally justified.

Like you, I voiced my personal opinion about this, but the moderating that was done was for a totally different reason, and feel that I was justified in doing so based on experience of how these types of things progress. That's all part of moderating ... heading "some" things off at the pass so that they DON'T get out of hand ... and I in no way removed anything to protect myself from "unnecessary obscenities" which is an unfair statement to make.

If you have any issue with regard to the "moderating" part, then please address it in PM, or contact 711 or MB about it.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I have addressed what needed to be addressed regarding the moderating, so please do not make any further comments regarding such, but follow Rule #8 and make your concerns known to the admin(s) via PM.

Thank you!

Hmmm so to be clear 'sarcastic and mocking humor' isn't allowed on the forum? Just so *everyone* is clear about this.

Reactions: dub
Come on guys. My post was on of those deleted. It isn't worth a big debate. Just let it go!

Yes, I think it is a good idea to let it go and get back on topic. MS9 was right in trying to keep this thread from turning into another MA bashing festival.

..and no, this "fanboy" did not get a badge...:)

Cheers :beerchug:

Well add me to the list of those that received an ambassador letter and badge.

MS9 PWNS AGAAAAAAAIIIN!!!!!!! :boxer:

MudKicker said:
MS9 PWNS AGAAAAAAAIIIN!!!!!!! :boxer:

Muddy ... there's no reason to put this type of comment in here please. :(

MindStar9 said:
Muddy ... there's no reason to put this type of comment in here please. :(

kk, my bad....BACK ONTOPIC!!!!!

Those Badges Are COOOOOOL! :D

Svetlana said:
Gratz Svet!!!

congratulations Sveta!!! :)

Svetlana said:

YAY! :hugs: and Grats! :D

Back