Where i can hunt Atrax young?

zaber

Provider
Where i can hunt Atrax young (only young ) and what is better armor and melee weapon that i need ?
ty
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
i believe there are atrax young south of ares.....not all that many though.....not sure where you can find the large spawns...

Ahhh well Atrax can be found on manny Spots. But if you just want Atrax and Mainly Young (I dont think there is a Pure Young Spawn) with just a very few MAtures try out the Inofficial Outpost East of Camp Echinda. Another pretty good Atrax Spawn is on the Inofficial Outpost Northwest of Fort Troy. But hes Mixed with Tripudions and if you Venture too far also Allophyls.

On Amethera you can also find lots of Atrax on Treasure Island but you will be Charged for Hunting there with an Extra Tax.

Good Luck on Hunting

Regards

Fiona

it is hard, or impossible, to find spawns with only one maturity level nowadays.

Anyhow. S and SE East Scylla Mountains you can find atrax young. There are also some big snabelsnots and some cornundacaudas though.

Far ENE Echidna I think the most pure atrax spawn is located. Mostly youngs but even some mature. On the way there you will encounter some berycled, feffoids, hiruyus and exarosaurs. It is also possible to reach that area from Caravan and then it might be possible to sneak around the mobs on the way there (snabelsnots, snarksnots, cornundacaudas and allophyls.)

I dont have the coords but it is in the gap of the mountain range ENE Echidna.

I think rascal with 2a plates would do. When it comes to suitable melee weapon, well, when it comes to melee I am way too nOOb to have any suggestions.

[Edit: Yah, you beat me in speed Fiona :D. And, how could I forgot the fine hunting ground on TI?!]

atrax youngs along with matures, W from Nymphtown, towards the desert :kos:

armor, rascal or knight should do, neme is best choice.
weapon, 1x0 or some of katsuichi series.

S from scylla, young and matures

vigi will be fine (3 dmg young, 10 dmg mature...)

a kat valor will chew up an atrax young before it gets ya. ;)

N of Troy at the SC. Their are only young up there, but lots of tripudion as well. Their is a good quantity of youngs there.

I used to hunt Atrax youngs on Treasure Island, very nice place. I vote for rascal armor tho, I only upgraded to Vigi for Atrox Old. Just get a FAP80 and the atrax youngs won't bother you at all. A plasma rifle is good for taging them out of a herd if you don't have a longer range rifle, I use a FF8k exclusively for that now tho. Once they close in even a Kat Honor will make short work of them, I'm not so sure about an axe 0x1, I would peronally stick to a Kat series (especially after my last axe skiling run)

Extent said:
I'm not so sure about an axe 0x1, I would peronally stick to a Kat series (especially after my last axe skiling run)

Also, dependant on skills of course, for mobs above 2-300 hp i think the katanas are much better to use because of theire Dmg/s, especially when factoring in armor/fap decay.

Ya they certainly have a nice dmg/sec. I just know I was axing corns just last night, I ran thru 7 axes, but during the time I switched to my Kat I gained half as much skills as all 7 axes in killing only 5 corns, plus the loots were better. Now I'm not one to belive that equiptment effects loot, but this certainly had me wondering.

There is a line of Atrax young/matures and an occasional old running from Just SE of the Crater (NE of Echidna) all the way south to the outpost. Just run East past all the other things from Echidna til you reach them... then go north and south to find more.... just be careful to the south east though as there are ambulimax.

There are also atrax youngs/matures south of Orthos along with drone gen 1:s and molisk young/matures..

like 'extent' already said the north-eastern part of T.I really good for trax young, its chock full of em with only the occasional mature & and 1 - or 2 olds, sure thers the odd drone and trooper too but, theyre easliy avoided,
(im sure a post by 'Deathifier' shows the different area's on T.I ,sorry aint got link handy)

i use 'shogun armour' and a 3x0 axe (similar dmg to Honor but a tad slower), but even a 2x0 will do so long as you only take on 1 at a time ;)

a fap-5 would sufice if you dont mind being patient about healing, and dont wade into the middle of a pack of traxes.

like above mentioned NE TI is the premier spot for trax young. Used to be my favorite hunting grounds. The way under-rated shogun armor does a good job out there, but I used Vigi and was able to axe a few at a time. Fap-50 would be a good investment aswell

armed with my rascal (no plates) and my axe1x0 i can take down young atrax 50% of the time (luck if they hit me one last time or not) =(
Spawns i usually take east scylla (s or s-e) and if i happen to die and spawn in the outpost above troy there's some atrax south of there too, along with young cows, young bulls and combibos

F1r3 said:
armed with my rascal (no plates) and my axe1x0 i can take down young atrax 50% of the time (luck if they hit me one last time or not) =(
Spawns i usually take east scylla (s or s-e) and if i happen to die and spawn in the outpost above troy there's some atrax south of there too, along with young cows, young bulls and combibos

try to ad some plating to your rascal, 5A is excellent for that with nice economy :) :kos:

F1r3 said:

If you're dying 50% of the time, then you're halving your chances of making a profit.... and just wasting money...... so if you're going to do it, do it properly... and maximize your efficiency.... why make things more difficult than they already are.... You're not going to hunt very consistently if you're dying a lot... and lets face it... in PE as with everything;.. consistency is key.

F1r3 said:

get a valor. it helps with those bigger mobs.

Well mate best place to hunt atrax where there arnt gonna swarm ya is just outside Orthos west mound, best wep would be a quick blp wep or in my destructive ideas A marber Foxtrot with a105 amp :p

thanks for the advices, i have thought about all of them, but atm plating seems to me the best, because i'm a little afraid of the cost of a valor tbh

p.s. i dont hunt atrax, usually i just chop on them as a defence, not to go after them every time i see one :)
same can happen with bigger mobs, but this one i can at least try

I suggest the Trax young NE of Jason Centre, there's other mobs like Chickens Sabas, and a few longu young. I think Knight armor would protect awesome against them, if you can't afford nemesis. Trax/Trox do an equal amount (so it seems) of Stab/Cut/Impact, and with Nemesis covering for 15 in all 3, you only take 1 damage from a trax young. Knight protects for 12 in each, so I imagine they'd only do 1-5 damage.

Back