Who is the bad guy....

valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi....J think Ma is a scammer....J have a apartment wtih balcony ( sorry for the spelling ) J started to put items on the balcony and the only information j got from MA was that enybody can take the items....J made sure in the options that nobody can get in to my apartment and the apartment is on 17:floor so j know that nobody can get from the outside...J returned a few days later and the items was gone

A angry avatar.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

valentin said:

Hi....J think Ma is a scammer....J have a apartment wtih balcony ( sorry for the spelling ) J started to put items on the balcony and the only information j got from MA was that enybody can take the items....J made sure in the options that nobody can get in to my apartment and the apartment is on 17:floor so j know that nobody can get from the outside...J returned a few days later and the items was gone

sorry about your loss, but these kinds of things can happen. I read in a post long ago by our little furniture dealer ingame Tedt that there are ways for people to get onto a balcony even if the apartment is closed to the public. I also have an idea of how it's done even though I've never tried it myself.

I wish you luck anyway and I hope you'll get some nice loot to cover the value of those items.

Yup, there is a way. I found it myself accidently, and don't worry. I'll never misuse this power. Heheh.

Sorry to hear about your loss... But hey, you did put it on "Public Land"... Still though, Its sucks.

At least this poses as a warning to others not to leave their stuff on the balcony.

valentin said:

Your whole apartment can be accessed (locked or not). All an avatar has to do, is be above your apartment, then lay down on the floor. When this is done correctly you "fall" thru the floors. This effect is a known bug and to the best of my knowledge MA has not corrected it at this time. All of your items inside the apartment are safe from this type stealing. Everything on your balcony is NOT SAFE.

RG

I know of a few people this has happened to. If an item is on the balcony someone from the apartment above, below or possibly even to one side can, using third person view, access your apartments balcony. Then its a simple thing to pick the items up. It doesn't have to be the apartment owner either. If an apartment is public someone could walk in and help themselves, to any items, on anyones balcony.

DarkMatter said:
I know of a few people this has happened to. If an item is on the balcony someone from the apartment above, below or possibly even to one side can, using third person view, access your apartments balcony. Then its a simple thing to pick the items up. It doesn't have to be the apartment owner either. If an apartment is public someone could walk in and help themselves, to any items, on anyones balcony.

Great Idea to tell everyone... :rolleyes: I know another way too. But Im not going to say it.

Thanks

J am gratefull to the letters....But j thinking that MA knows about the bug and no tothing about it then is theres problem....Before the start to sell apartments or tell you when you start to put your things that there is a bug....ints not fear play..Ok if j let people who j dont trust be by mine items its ok.....But because of the bug,,,,To #&¤¤ with MA.... J am angry..

valentin said:

Hi....J think Ma is a scammer....J returned a few days later and the items was gone

Any items that ARE NOT in an avatar's possesion are deleted when the server reboots.

So if you put down an item in the open, it may end up in the void or another player's inventory. If you put your items in the apartment, they will remain there.

You can use another bug to get up there, more time consuming.

the balconeys should be made our property, I would like to set chairs out but people will just take them.

I am in total agreement that the balcony of an apt should NOT be public, but part of the owner's domain, and we should be able to enjoy the balcony space other than just standing there looking at the view.

It would be nice to have that as an extension to enjoy a nice group setting with friends complete with sitting and decorations, so I hope that MA will give this some consideration.

After all ... there's quite a bit of land space that the hangars and homes get to place things outside, and some homes I've seen (N of the TI North TP) have things out on their patios or landings that lead to the front door.

Please MA? :D

valentin said:
J am gratefull to the letters....But j thinking that MA knows about the bug and no tothing about it then is theres problem....Before the start to sell apartments or tell you when you start to put your things that there is a bug....ints not fear play..Ok if j let people who j dont trust be by mine items its ok.....But because of the bug,,,,To #&¤¤ with MA.... J am angry..

Im sorry for not feeling sorry for you. You did get the message telling that the item you put there might be picked up by other participants... Still you dropped it.

Let it be a lesson, ou wont do that again:)

chin up.

rstock does one get a message while dropping something on their balcony that it can be picked up by others? I have not dropped an item on my balcony since the apartments were first introduced thanks to this bug. I think we all agree that it would be nice if MA were able to attend to this matter and fix it (although, there isn't any balcony furniture yet anyway :D ).

Nonetheless, at the very least we need to get the mssg that says 'by dropping an item it can be picked up by someone else... yadda, yadda yadda' and I don't remember that message being in place when dropping things on a balcony. If it is, then I think at the least MA has done what they need to do until it is properly fixed.

In any event, sry about your loss valentin. I hope you did not lose too many peds out of this rather common mistake.

Svetlana said:
(although, there isn't any balcony furniture yet anyway :D ).

Hehehe. I want a Nallo Patio Table & an Basic Pattern Umbrella!

Svetlana said:
rstock does one get a message while dropping something on their balcony that it can be picked up by others? I have not dropped an item on my balcony since the apartments were first introduced thanks to this bug. I think we all agree that it would be nice if MA were able to attend to this matter and fix it (although, there isn't any balcony furniture yet anyway :D ).

Nonetheless, at the very least we need to get the mssg that says 'by dropping an item it can be picked up by someone else... yadda, yadda yadda' and I don't remember that message being in place when dropping things on a balcony. If it is, then I think at the least MA has done what they need to do until it is properly fixed.

In any event, sry about your loss valentin. I hope you did not lose too many peds out of this rather common mistake.

I had an apartmeny back in the days when they were all woho. Im certian I got the message when I tried dropping stuff on the balcony...

Last edited:
J have to say thanks for the respons on my letter.but how j see it is that MA gived me information that evrybody can take my items on balcony,j made sure that no avatar can come and take it so if nobody can come to the balcony then my items are safe there.....Ok.If j put the items where any can come then j would understand but this area was secured.....And if it is a bug its MA:s problem not mine because j pay for the rent on my apartment and the information j got from Mr. Proper about when MA reboots there servers that information j think j would got from MA so j can know wath to do the only information j got was that evrybody can take ti and then j only thinking about to protect my items from the players in the game.....But this to give me just a part of the information and then play some hollyness and just take my items is no fear play....So j started to think to sell my items and skills and stopp to play this game,,,because this game is wonderfull and j love it but is so full of bugs and j have a felling that MA will not do something about it...because j skilling so hard in 3.5 month j got about 77k - 78k in skill j can see that MA gets 10-15 peds from me every day because of this bugs....My problem is not to pay but j want to get wath j paying for.

Did I mention that when a server restarts all dynamic information is lost, such as live mobs, dropped objects and everything not tied to an avatar's inventory?

Wait, yes I DID!

Back