I Gots An Idea

What dya think?

• Yes, Great Idea!

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No, I like the way it is now...

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Maybe, if you changed it in the following way...(Please Post)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Dom_sufc

Marauder
Society
Dark Hunters Inc.
John "Johnny Proud"
Heheh, as the title says, "I gots an Idea".

I think this belongs here, even though it's a "wish" as such. But it's not for Eu, it's for EF.

Basically, It's just a little upgrade of the post count. I thought of it when looking at my rep, and looking at my post count... To the browsing user, it looks like all I post is shit, and I've only had the odd one or two reps :laugh: . It may be true lol, but I've also posted alot in the Off-Topic section, and other sections where you may not give reputation.

So, my Idea: I think underneath the post-count we have now, there should be a "Off-Topic Posts". And the Post count we have now, should only be calcualted from posts in areas where rep is available to give.

This way you can see the spammers from the helpers a little bit more clearly.

What dya rekon? (There's a Poll coming-done)

Dom_sufc said:
Basically, It's just a little upgrade of the post count. I thought of it when looking at my rep, and looking at my post count... To the browsing user, it looks like all I post is shit, and I've only had the odd one or two reps :laugh:
i know that problem :rolleyes:

I would find more usefull to have a link when you click on the post count (like the links when you click on an user pseudo) that would lead you to the list of thread you got +rep in. This way you would see what the user has said that was 'interesting'.

ufcfl said:
I would find more usefull to have a link when you click on the post count (like the links when you click on an user pseudo) that would lead you to the list of thread you got +rep in. This way you would see what the user has said that was 'interesting'.

Yer that's a good Idea. It'd be interesting to see If people just get random rep of mates ect. I do sometimes though. give it out that is. Hehe, they never give it to me :D

Lets see what 711 thinks when he gets back.

Just seen that a few have voted "No". I'd be interested to hear about your point of view :)

Didn't vote here yet... but, might I add my two pec? :girl:
Your idea is a nice one, but I think it's getting a bit too detailed (not to mention, I don't know if there's an easy mod to make to v-bullitin that would allow for it in the first place).
But- as to the 'too detailed'. I think ppl take rep a bit too seriously sometimes. Don't worry, I know the pain. I used to do it too. Let's take me as a good example. See that large post count? Many of them were not off-topic, btw. I engaged in active debate here any chance I could. Now, look at my rep. It's nice, but compared with so many others it isn't off the charts (it used to be for the record :laugh: ). That's b/c when I used to post here, no1 had higher rep... which meant when I received rep (and of course others like me), it was coming form ppl with very little rep... meaning the rep doesn't count as much :dunce: So, it was about the gesture, rather than the specific points. Now, if you guys get repped by some1 with huge rep points, you're getting a lot more points yourself. And, while many of you may think it doesn't concern you now, it might in the future when it seems every1 has high rep and you'll watch those rep points of newbies keep climbing higher and higher :laugh:

So- long story short- I really don't think it's terribly important to see ppl's real posts and compare it to their rep... I think the intentions are good, but there will always be good reasons behind smaller rep and higher post count.

does that even make sense? :D I really need a cup of coffee to wake myself up atm.

Dilly: 3 normal posts
1300 off topic posts :laugh: :laugh:

711 said:
Interesting idea :)

There should be a thread for EF members to post ideas on how to improve EntropiaForum.

Oh wait... There is such a thread:

Enhancements to EntropiaForum

Was that meant to come across as negatively sarcastic as I percieved it?

Last edited:
Back