Shaolin wants YOU!

How did I never notice this thread before? :laugh:

Welcome to our new members.

Welcome to the new members...Orion is doing a great job rebuilding Shaolin.

I just wish Elite Dangerous in VR wasn't as addictive as it has turned out to be.

Welcome to the new members...Orion is doing a great job rebuilding Shaolin.

I just wish Elite Dangerous in VR wasn't as addictive as it has turned out to be.

It's true ... ED is pretty addictive. I especially love the Guardian and Thargoid content! But ... we have a mothership now. :)

How did I never notice this thread before? :laugh:

Welcome to our new members.

Thanks Photon and all my great new soc-mates in Shaolin ;)

oh... i'm so messy! how can i forget you?!?

Welcome to Shaolin, Jar!

shaolin_member_signatur_jasis_signatur.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

Jar is a really nice guy from UK, living in Germany and can be found online during EU maintime. oh, and dont call him "Jas"! :scared:

Last edited:
Woot!

Happy Birthday Bogie! :beerchug:

Welcome to Shaolin, Rose!

so certain she is faster than me again... :ahh:

shaolin_member_signatur_rose_863865.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

Rose is the colorful butterfly from New Mexico, USA, conquering the hearts of Shaolin by storm. a bright sunshine entering the soc chat everytime she logs in!

Many of you already know her by her Entropia music radioshows, so tune in when she is on air again:
:dance: http://lavarocksradio.com/ :dance:

Last edited:
~ Shaolin Wants You ~

CURRENTLY RECRUITING

wewantyouShaolin.JPG

Welcome, dear comrade-in-arms!

Shaolin is part of the Project Entropia history (now EU) since 2003-08-11 and we label the game ever since.

Usually Shaolin is the last Society you will join before retiring long after. The oldest active members of Shaolin are now over 14 years part of this society, which speaks of continuity.
Due to the inevitable retirement of trusted family members over such long terms we have an open slot to fill in our ranks, if you manage to convince us.

Have a chat with Eleria Orion Starwind ingame please, before filing an application to our neat little society. In case you consider a society change, we guarantee discretion.
If you are serious, we take you serious, too.
Prepare for a longer interview, please.

templegate2_400px.jpg

Stone Tree Feather​

Since people always ask, here are some of our minimal requirements (you should be something very special in some other way, if you do not match them):

Your soft skills:
- Fluent english
- Decent online times
- Dedication to, and identification with EU are inevitable
- One or two freaky aspects in your personality
- Reputable
- Socially engaged with the PE community (no total loners)
- Talkativity is a must
- Teamspeak is not a must, but would be nice

Your hard skills:
- 70+ Agility
- Champion professional standing (Dmg)
- At least 200k total skill sum
- Sufficiently equipped

shaolinlogo_337873.JPG

Personality matters!
Even more than countable skills.
Everyone may have his own sick 5 minutes, but the rest of the week we are a bunch of always happy, mannerable, honorable, cultivated, educated, self-depracting and primarily fun-loving adults. We do wheelchair races with Araneatroxes and cannot stand jarring kids with immature behavior.
Beside this we arent cocky or arrogant at all.
Our age ranges from 20+ to over 60+, with a belly in the middle.
These are attributes we expect you to have, too.

Socialize.
We dont need you to pump our number, but to stay the most joyous society around. That is why we have formed and persist since such a long time now. So be prepared to participate in some team action and to have a nice time in soc chat.

So what do we offer?
Primarily ourselves. We are so much convinced about the quality of this offer, that we refrain from simple advertizing with something else. The people we aim for have their standards, as we have ours. And since you are aware of your superior standard, you have an eye for the true assets of this game.

Do you see similarities to your own personality and avatar reflected here? Then leave us a post!

Sincere regards,
- Orion

Oh I like the new revisions and ..and this......

Come Join Us In Shaolin Society!!

Just message Eleria Orion Starwind ingame (or a member) on this forum and join the fun!

:yay:

Last edited:
You should add the requirement of knowing the pain of floating back to a revival terminal. =D

oh oh and have seen an Araneatrox and Atrox fight in the wild!

You should add the requirement of knowing the pain of floating back to a revival terminal. =D

oh oh and have seen an Araneatrox and Atrox fight in the wild!

Sob, we are so old that we forgot all those things :(

Welcome to Shaolin, Kiko!

shaolin_member_signatur_kiko.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

Kiko is an elite hunter from the US and has turned out to be a great addition to our hunting teams.
While checking auctions Kiko often can be found in Fort Fury, which more and more establishes to be the chosen place for Shaolins.

It is great to have you around! prepare for some PvP zone action!

Last edited:
You have to admire a society that has been around for almost 15 years without so much as a name change.

Good work Orion and all the members of the society.

If you meet their requirements, they are well worth considering. :thumbup:

... often can be found in Fort Fury, which more and more establishes to be the chosen place for Shaolins.

Since when! I didn't get the memo! :D

You'll find me in Fort Argus - which is clearly the better place to be. :p

Where did Sound go? :tp::offtopic:

Where did Sound go? :tp::offtopic:

Unfortunately I haven't seen Sound log in for years now. A really good player and much valued member of the soc during the Oberon years.

Alright, this is what I shall consider a shameless bump and see if anyone wants to give it a go?! :wtg:

( Don't make me stream my hunting on Twitch..it can only confuse the masses.)
If you look it's:
https://www.twitch.tv/newyorkrose

:yay:

Last edited:
*Thursday Bump* LOL

Here is my twitch link to watch some Shaolin Hunts when we do. :D

Enjoy...https://www.twitch.tv/newyorkrose
Come join US!.contact one of us..and Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome to Shaolin, Jambon!

shaolin_member_signatur_jambon.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

I have procrastinated his introduction over and over again. Im such a lazy bum... *sigh*
my apologies!

Jam joined our weird bunch 2018-10-28 and is a versatile hunter. He can be seen all over Calypso killing the pests roaming the lands. When he is not concentrated on the next mob he fulfills the cliché of the friendly Canadian from Ottawa, always lending a helping hand. A Shaolin to the bone!
Dan Trin interviewed him and among other things Jambon revealed what a big and wonderful impact Entropia had to his real life. You can find the interview on Youtube here and this is DanTrin's interview thread.

Last edited:
Welcome Jambon! I should really try to log in one of these nights :)

Welcome to Shaolin, Tarded!

shaolin_member_signatur_tarded.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

Tarded joined Shaolin on 2018-07-13 and being a Master in his hunting profession makes him a nemesis to the endemic fauna of his chosen hunting grounds on Calypso, Arkadia and Rocktropia. The mobs roaming those lands fear his presence, their Youngs hide and the Stalkers shiver in awe.
:kos: Being from Canada, Tarded enjoys the enlightment of latest legalizations with his quote of the day:"Off for a smoke, brb!"
He is the typical friendly Canadian from next door, often hunting alone in the wild, but never letting Shaolin down, when there is need for some extra firepower.
This will be the only time you can see his Shaolin signature here. Humble like a Shaolin, he doesnt seek the spotlight of everybody's attention and refrains from producing himself on forums. So much time saved here, that can be spent ingame! Tarded might be the wisest Shaolin!
Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Welcome to Shaolin, Jambon!

shaolin_member_signatur_jambon.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

I have procrastinated his introduction over and over again. Im such a lazy bum... *sigh*
my apologies!

Jam joined our weird bunch 2018-10-28 and is a versatile hunter. He can be seen all over Calypso killing the pests roaming the lands. When he is not concentrated on the next mob he fulfills the cliché of the friendly Canadian from Ottawa, always lending a helping hand. A Shaolin to the bone!
Dan Trin interviewed him and among other things Jambon revealed what a big and wonderful impact Entropia had to his real life. You can find the interview on Youtube here and this is DanTrin's interview thread.

Woohoo! thanks for having me and welcome to the new members as well! Happy to be here :D

Welcome to Shaolin, Rany!

shaolin_member_signatur_rany.jpg

Think
Meditate
Act

Rany joined Shaolin a couple of weeks ago after undergoing an intense questioning he didnt expect from an online community. What we learned about him convinced us to invite him. Certainly we respect Rany's wish to keep his private life exactly this: private. What can be revealed about him is Rany being a US time zone player of settled age, who spends some leisure time here to recover from a demanding and stressful job requiring alot of social competence.

Used to be a silent hunter, Rany often stays under the radar. But since joining Shaolin Rany started blazing like a christmas tree with several nice hits. Maintaining the stealth mode becomes harder now...

So probably this screenshot introduces Rany better than many more words about his profession:
hof_mayhem_araneatrox__ffa_3_20190106_20_58_10_514.jpg

It is inspiring to have you around. So keep the great HoFs and globals coming in. Best if, when we are in team! :cool:

Welcome to the Temple!

Last edited:
Come join us!

A little Saturday shameless bump!

We now have a Discord channel and that just adds more fun.
:wtg:

interesting

skill pts requirement(minimum) changed 250k→200K

without any mention in thread

isn't that too low?

isn't that too low?

I think it's fair to say we value good people more than we value good skills. :)

yeah i can see that

I think it's fair to say we value good people more than we value good skills. :)

but good skills-means number of the skills he got 200K 300K 400K
there is some standard(we can count skill pts by numbers)

but good ppl?-means so ambiguous , there is no standard which person are good which person are bad.
thats Personal thoughts.

Now you have made me uncomfortable by the value you give to people.

Reminds All Men Are Created Equal Again! #1

Last edited by a moderator:

isn't that too low?

I dont know what you mean.
200k skill requirement has not been touched since years now.
It might be some challange, but it is reachable for everyone with some effort.

Actually we only lowered the Agility minimum from 80+ to 70+ to reflect MAs changes, since the Agility start value at point of creation is lower now.

250k skills actually would reflect our standards much better, since all but 2 or 3 of our most beloved Shaolins are above 250k skills today. We may think about 250k, but we also dont like to look like Übers too much, being out of reach.

We kindly ask applicants to be ELITE in their main profession at least, which guarantees a minimum dmg/sec for hunters when using Armatrix guns. This ensures everyone has a stand in team hunts and we can share single item loots equally without hesitation.

TOP 10 Soc?
Been there, done that for years, but it takes a tribute you have to pay in "comfortably warm soc life"-coins.
We like it much more to be close to the TOP without the toll it takes to be TOP 10.
We lean back and enjoy to watch a new nameless TOP 10 soc to emerge while another one dies of inactivity and apathy every couple of months, while Shaolin is there and active since over 16 years now... :lift:

but good ppl?-means so ambiguous , there is no standard which person are good which person are bad.
thats Personal thoughts.

Now you have made me uncomfortable by the value you give to people.

Reminds All Men Are Created Equal Again! #1
Well, this is because you seemingly had only little contact with us yet.

Everybody has to convince us in hours of private and team chats, before he or she may be invited. This is where we make sure someone fits to us and meets our personality standards.
Since those personality standards are subjective by nature we certainly can't press them in numerable requirements.

Therefore we gave some hints about the way we are in the initial post.
Maybe you see yourself reflected there to some degree. Then don't hesitate to contact a Shaolin and maybe you and we like what we both see then.

Last edited:
I dont know what you mean.
200k skill requirement has not been touched since years now.

I remember 250k, too.
(just because I looked at it and thought "is it really possible to be lvl 70 and not have 250k?")

Seems like someone who was your member for only a short time has had a lasting impact. :(

Back