Orion

Prowler
Society
AO
Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
CURRENTLY RECRUITING

wewantyouShaolin.JPG

Welcome, dear comrade-in-arms!

Shaolin is part of the Project Entropia history (now EU) since 2003-08-11 and we label the game ever since.

Usually Shaolin will be the final Society you join, before retiring long after. The oldest active members of Shaolin are now over 16 years part of this society, which speaks of continuity.
Due to the inevitable retirement of trusted family members over such long terms we have an open slot to fill in our ranks, if you manage to convince us.

Have a chat with one of our members ingame please, before filing an application to our neat little society. In case you consider a society change, we guarantee discretion.
If you are serious, we take you serious, too.
Prepare for a longer interview, please.

templegate2_400px.jpg

Stone Tree Feather​

Since people always ask, here are some of our minimal requirements (you should be something very special in some other way, if you do not match them):

Your soft skills:
- Fluent english
- Decent online times
- Dedication to, and identification with PE are inevitable
- One or two freaky aspects in your personality
- Reputable
- Socially engaged with the PE community (no total loners)
- Talkativity is a must
- Teamspeak/Discord are not a must, but would be nice

Your hard skills:
- 75+ Agility
- Champion professional standing (Dmg)
- At least 200k total skill sum
- Sufficiently equipped

shaolinlogo_337873.JPG

Personality matters!
Even more than countable skills.
Everyone may have his own sick 5 minutes, but the rest of the week we are a bunch of always happy, mannerable, honorable, cultivated, educated, self-depracting and primarily fun-loving adults. We do wheelchair races with Araneatroxes and cannot stand jarring kids with immature behavior.
Beside this we arent cocky or arrogant at all.
Our age ranges from 20+ to over 60+, with a healthy belly in the middle.
These are attributes we expect you to have, too.

Everybody may have a bad day with MindArk, but your life must not circle around such a dispute, since we are 99% happy to be on Calypso (else we wouldnt be here :) ), and too much ranting spoils our game fun.
Be positive. Be like us.

Socialize.
We dont need you to pump our number, but to stay the most joyous society around. That is why we have formed and persist since such a long time now. So be prepared to participate in some team action and to have a nice time in soc chat.

So what do we offer?
Primarily ourselves. We are so much convinced about the quality of this offer, that we refrain from simple advertizing with something else. The people we aim for have their standards, as we have ours. And since you are aware of your superior standard, you have an eye for the true assets of this game.

Do you see similarities to your own personality and avatar reflected here? Then leave us a post!

Sincere regards,
- Orion

Last edited:
good luck Orion, Shaolin is a really good soc and would be my 1st choice if I would have the skills needed and would be lookin for turn the another chapter in my EU career.

good luck with the recruits, I know you will find some good ones.

i dont have the skills to join, but i have 2 lill comments

i think the requirements are all reasonable, exept the following 2:

agility

some people who started quite late (but before the skill change, i started at late 6.0, 1 day after i joined 6.1 i think) and in early time i never hunted much. i only have 60 almost 61, goes up rather fast atm) but i think most of us saw strykers topic on agility gain. its rumored to been upped since then but still its a shitload of ammo to run through.

second: age.

now, i know that some (especially high end) soc ask for quite...adult age. but 21 seems a bit high?
ive always wanted to join shaolin...since i first heared about it :p but i am currently 16, and honestly, i dont want to wait 5 years to join shoalin (or some other uber soc) might want to..down that a bit? to say, 18?
i guess one of the reasons for the 21 thing is that some american states require 21 for certain stuff? but I live in Holland, and here its 18.. (CC, car, motorcycle, nightclubs, heavy liqour, w/e) and 16 for the lower end adult stuff (scooters, siggarettes, beer, etc.)

i dont say remove/put at 16, but i'd like to see some consideration of lowering minimum age. maybe i will never join shaolin, and get my own soc in uber ranks. maybe i quit pe before that (hell no) but lets face it: younger people get more and more money to spend. i myself have a job, and i go to school, and yes, that makes a quite bussy life, but ill manage.
i think that, if you guys put the limit at 18, you might get a bigger range of people to talk to about getting them in your society.
i mean, right now, im 16. my ID allows me to travel through europe. at the age of 18, ill be able to requist and recieve my passport, allowing me to travel anywhere on earth (well, with some restricts such as military/nasa bases whatever, but you get my drift i think.

Pretender said:
i dont have the skills to join, but i have 2 lill comments

i think the requirements are all reasonable, exept the following 2:

agility

some people who started quite late (but before the skill change, i started at late 6.0, 1 day after i joined 6.1 i think) and in early time i never hunted much. i only have 60 almost 61, goes up rather fast atm) but i think most of us saw strykers topic on agility gain. its rumored to been upped since then but still its a shitload of ammo to run through.

second: age.

now, i know that some (especially high end) soc ask for quite...adult age. but 21 seems a bit high?
ive always wanted to join shaolin...since i first heared about it :p but i am currently 16, and honestly, i dont want to wait 5 years to join shoalin (or some other uber soc) might want to..down that a bit? to say, 18?
i guess one of the reasons for the 21 thing is that some american states require 21 for certain stuff? but I live in Holland, and here its 18.. (CC, car, motorcycle, nightclubs, heavy liqour, w/e) and 16 for the lower end adult stuff (scooters, siggarettes, beer, etc.)

i dont say remove/put at 16, but i'd like to see some consideration of lowering minimum age. maybe i will never join shaolin, and get my own soc in uber ranks. maybe i quit pe before that (hell no) but lets face it: younger people get more and more money to spend. i myself have a job, and i go to school, and yes, that makes a quite bussy life, but ill manage.
i think that, if you guys put the limit at 18, you might get a bigger range of people to talk to about getting them in your society.
i mean, right now, im 16. my ID allows me to travel through europe. at the age of 18, ill be able to requist and recieve my passport, allowing me to travel anywhere on earth (well, with some restricts such as military/nasa bases whatever, but you get my drift i think.

Well nothing is set in stone regarding the requirements. They give an idea of what qualities we are looking for but any one of them can be overlooked if you shine enough in other areas :)

One of the reasons we favour more mature players is that younger players often get distracted by RL after a little while, which is a good thing :) We don't want to encourage situations where RL opportunities are sacrificed to an obsession with EU.

You want me? really? :D

*reads requirements*
no you dont :silly2:

Good luck though :)

even if the skills would match, i dislike PvP :rolleyes:
guess its your loss :laugh:

kidding, gl with new recruits :D
call it a bump

demoniac said:
Well nothing is set in stone regarding the requirements. They give an idea of what qualities we are looking for but any one of them can be overlooked if you shine enough in other areas :)

One of the reasons we favour more mature players is that younger players often get distracted by RL after a little while, which is a good thing :) We don't want to encourage situations where RL opportunities are sacrificed to an obsession with EU.

well, i have a quite bussy life, both online and off line. (guess i should lower forum use to lunch breaks and tv commericals)
i play, besides Eu, an fantasy game (manage an account together with an friend) but not very much. Eu is getting back again....skilled about 300 levels of handgun last 2 days....anyhow. i still manage to log into Eu (aslong as my gold card works, check an other topic of mine :p)

anyhow. what i am trying to say is, even tho school and work takes up lots of time, and also the rest of my social life, i most of the time manage to find some online fun. be it in one game, or another

- at least 1 year game experience (elite laser snipers with 46 agility are a joke. they know nothing about PE)

OK I know I'm not exactly Shaolin material, but I take a small bit of offense at that statement...

...I know alot about EU...

...you can sweat and stuff, there is this cool TP thingy to get around, and the chicks all like to run around in their undies... :drool:

Your society has a very respected, and admired reputation, good luck with recruiting. I will keep my 46 agility self with TV :)

Cheers :beerchug:

P.S please don't shoot me..... :tele:

JackFree said:
OK I know I'm not exactly Shaolin material, but I take a small bit of offense at that statement...

...I know alot about EU...

...you can sweat and stuff, there is this cool TP thingy to get around, and the chicks all like to run around in their undies... :drool:

Your society has a very respected, and admired reputation, good luck with recruiting. I will keep my 46 agility self with TV :)

Cheers :beerchug:

P.S please don't shoot me..... :tele:

I think you missed the part about elite laser snipers with 46 agility. That means 10k+ peds in skill chips--this was pointed at instant-ubers, not less skilled players (who wouldn't meet the min skill requirement anyway).

Sounds like pretty tough requirements... :eek:

Nice recruiting poster, BTW. lol

yeah i dont agree with the statement about agility, i got 48 agility, but i have been around alot longer than a yr, had a few months away from the game due to money issues, but to say that someone with less than 80 agility knows nothing about EU, is just plain wrong

sorry to budge in, but u stole the US Governments recruitment campaign to get new recruits for the war,
hehe, i joke

mrproper said:
Sorry to budge in, but you copied my topic name :p

Good luck with the recruiting and have a nice LG! :rolleyes:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34523

EntropiaForum > Professions > Mining
Entropia Directory wants YOU!

Funny you should say that seeing how my soc also used that same topic line 3 months before you but i'm not posting the link cause i don't wanna advertising on someone elses topic.

Please lets not turn this into flame war here, their requirements are their requirements. Just because you disagree with their reason doesn't mean you can freely post here. This topic is for recruitment only.

GL to shaolin and i hope that they get some good people.
(bump)

studley said:
sorry to budge in, but u stole the US Governments recruitment campaign to get new recruits for the war,
hehe, i joke
Sorry to budge in but the US stole the recruitment campaign from the British (Lord Kitchener) that used it for WW1 recruitment ;)

Back OT...

Good luck with the recruitment drive Shaolin. Those of you i have met in game have been nice peeps :)

- one or two freaky aspects in your personality

Only one or two ? :D

thank you for your input and best wishes.

where to start....?

requirements -
i know there are literally hundreds of nice people out there. even thousands eventually. if being nice would be the only requirement then there were only 2 socs ingame: Shaolin - and the others. a rather boring idea.
so since we cannot recruit all nice players, he have to select some of them.
we have to filter. which means we have to set up some restrictions which let only a few very special people pass.
therefore we set some requirements which reflect our soc's personality in social interaction and our average in countables. when we find someone suitable and matching he might be invited. so we maintain the status quo.
but we rather increase the intensity of our search than to decrease our standard.

the requirements (especially the countables) are set with intend. so please respect them.
as an example:
80+ agility ensures us that the applicant actually knows what he does ingame, because 80+ agility require him to do it quite long now.
we are not interested in a 200 HP chipper who we have to explain simple basics like where to position in a team hunt.

Shaolin recruits to maintain a certain constancy in quality.
it is an effect chain:
- we are more family like than some other socs around.
- therefore we like our familiar privacy.
- fast member fluctuation hampers this privacy.
- so we dont need players who join one day and leave 3 months later.
- chippers are fast in and fast out.

ergo: extensive chippers dont fit to us as good as ppl who know how much work handmade skills actually are.
extensive chippers fail on the agility.
therefore 80+ agility.

we are all adults. if you are too young, you wont feel comfortable with us and we could disagree on some aspects. yet we prefer harmony.
therefore no youngsters.

what i want to say:
how hard or unjust or arrogant or whatever it may seem. we are forced to filter.
eventually you may disagree with one or another of the decisions, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

however, keep going. one day you will reach the requirement. it is all up to you how intense you try.
take therequirements as a challange, not as a duty.

Last edited:
Shaolin is a great society for anyone, yet I also agree that the age stipulation is rather unfair; Im sure there are quit a few 16 year olds who act well beyond their years, while there are 45 year olds who still think they are 12 :D

Stryker said:
Shaolin is a great society for anyone, yet I also agree that the age stipulation is rather unfair; Im sure there are quit a few 16 year olds who act well beyond their years, while there are 45 year olds who still think they are 12 :D

Very true. At the end of the day it's not really about drawing the line at any particular physical age but about the maturity with which you conduct yourself. After all you could just lie about your age... :laugh:

for those who have PMed me. keep patient.
our selection process takes long.
your applications will get posted in our own forum for better soc discussion.
i wont forget anyone. i just ask to be patient.

no answer is a good answer, because it is not a "No" yet.

good luck.

Stryker said:

WORD

and orion: i respect it. its not that hard to understand you want more adult people (especially by behaviour) and more experienced players. np at all. your soc, your choice.

GL on the recruiting. IMO clear requirement are essential for any soc that likes to keep a certain status or level.

Yeah
good look wiv the ol recruitment,i have had the pleasure of hanging out with quite a few your soc fellows and have found them to be very kewl peeps indeed,many times have i danced in the ring at twinn with the shoalin boys n girls
The lovly Nakia has many a time taught me a lesson or too in pk,
seriously good look hope you get the caliber of member your looking for
cheers swazer :)

I think the requirements are fine I joined Jan 2005 and meet them all. Ppl tend to forget that this is a top10 soc so you should expect a high requirement!

and I dont think i've ever heard a bad word about them ever! not many socs I can say that about :)

Stryker said:

16 4eva!!!! :laugh:

:'( I'm soo old! :rofl:

Good luck recruiting. :thumbup:

Orion said:
- at least 1 year game experience (elite laser snipers with 46 agility are a joke. they know nothing about PE)

all thumbs up on this one, made my day :D

the only thing which I kind of dislike in ur requirements are the 150k skills and 80 agility, which are hard/impossible in 1 year. but rest looks reasonable.

thought I would drop in and say hello since I am probably one of the shaolins who has used the forum most :)

Very nice post Orion, and some good replys in here as well

Looking good so far keep them comming we are all waiting for the additional family memeber so we can kiss and hug em to death... ohh wait maybe that is just me :tongue2:

Kerham said:

the only thing which I kind of dislike in ur requirements are the 150k skills and 80 agility, which are hard/impossible in 1 year. but rest looks reasonable.

I doubt any of it is set in stone, these are the guidelines and ofcourse if you fail to meet several maybe it is not the place for you.
If you are sertain it is the place for you but maybe you never pk or something else, just be yourself and work hard to obtain what you want. Nothing more inviting than a person who knows what they want and are willing to give it their best to get it.
Orion is a very fair person and hard to impress, but he has a big heart and that is what runs shaolin. Most of the requirements are there to insure that the aplicants have been around long enough to be independant and helpfull both inside and outside the society.

Last edited:
studley said:
yeah i dont agree with the statement about agility, i got 48 agility, but i have been around alot longer than a yr, had a few months away from the game due to money issues, but to say that someone with less than 80 agility knows nothing about EU, is just plain wrong
Read what it actually said, and what one of the other posters replied.

Kerham said:

150k are NOT impossible in 1 year, 80 agility may just be a little more maybe 15months of hardcore hunting

Back