How many weapons do you use when hunting.

The Mighty

Prowler
Society
If you +rep me your life will be better
The Mystique Mighty
I have recently run out of space on my quick bar when hunting.

Now seeing some other people's quick bars without that many weapons in them.... (some don't have anything, and some have emotes) - (and not to say they're poor... I have seen some really rich ubers with just 1 or 2 things in quickbars)....I realize that I'm just way too fussy....

I use my plasma to tag mobs on the edge of my radar.... then I swap to FF4400 to shoot it as it comes closer (its faster than plasma)... then mk1 or hero when its in range (faster than ff4400)... then switch to the ep40/45 when its in my handgun range.... and then lastly I finish off with my mm2201a or ep17ME.....And then lets not speak about faps.... Fap 50 for tanking, fap 28 for tanking smaller mobs, fap 15 between mobs... and fap 5 after a revive and when Im just talking or running back out to the mobs...
I don't like using more than 1 quickbar... because I end up pulling out a FAP instead of my sword..... or more funny is pulling out some mining equipment instead of my fap !!

AM I USING TOO MANY GUNS ?
And I remember that MA said there would be a reduction in efficiency if you swap weapons while killing something.... so is this the reason Im doing so badly loot wise recently ?

So yeah... just wondering how everyone else manages..... ?
Any suggestions. (I would love to sit and watch one of the ubers hunting... IRL I mean... so I can see what they're doing keyboard wise).

Yea, maybe one too many guns in that mix. Seems like the 4400 and the plasma are kinda redundant.

The Mighty said:
uld be a reduction in efficiency if you swap weapons while killing something....

Oh really? I don't remember seeing this. Do you have a link? I'm very currious now :tongue2:

basicly valor for hunting, 1x0 for finishing off...

so not so many weapons ;)
ok i carry also some pistols and rifle, but dont use those...

at moment i use ep 40 and man mph for finishing the kill, although i always carry a varity of higher dmg weaons like echo just in case things get though.

truantduck said:
Yea, maybe one too many guns in that mix. Seems like the 4400 and the plasma are kinda redundant.

Oh really? I don't remember seeing this. Do you have a link? I'm very currious now :tongue2:

It used to say this on the client loader.... when you look at "about" and "hunting"...... but doesn't say it any more.... I will look on other noob hunting guides though.

As for FF4400 and Plasma making eachother redundant ... I dont think so...
Plasma can do 90 dmg... and what seems about 5 seconds reload....where as the ff4400 only does about 65 dmg, but has a reload of about 2.5 seconds....
The range of the plasma also helps a lot... I can get 2 shots with plasma before an Armax is in range of my fireforge... (only take 1 though, so I dont have to wait 5 seconds for the reload).

So Plasma for tag, swap to ff and keep shooting as it comes closer...
but the fireforge is also a bit slow, so once its within range of the justifier, I swap to that.... but the justifier is also a bit slow.... so when in range of the ep... I change again..... see ???

Hmm my Setup depends Strongly on the Mobs i Hunt. Here a Possible Setup

MKII
Honor Blade
Axe for Finishing

Fap 28 and EK2600
Run
Deselect

Thats it

Mining Stuff and Fap5 are on F2 Belt

Im Wondering what Marco meant with the "Switching Weapons while Hunting Same Mob is inefficienct" err So we have to Finish a Mob with the Plasma Guns or what to get max Effective Powers ?

Sorry but that give me a good :laugh: when its true
I doubt this will encourage me to Finish a Mob with 0.01% Health with a 25/pec each Shoot Decaying Weapon :)

I primarily use an M2875 (amped or unamped dependingon the prey/threat)
I use a marber bravo for tagging and if i have ammo for wich to skill rifle and blp i use a vat-120 for a carbine. I also use a mann mph for tagging or amped for more eficient hunting of lower end mobs. i also possess an outbacko wich does the same service as the mann.

Of the main weapon loadout only the m2875 will stay the longest and will only be replace (but not retired) with an Im2870.
The vat-120 will eventually get a dante and then replaced with an as-147
the marber will eventually be replaced by other versions of marber and an m71A1/2. or ml-35/me

When i want to skill strength i use 6 axe 0x1 slowly being replaced by axe 0x2s as i loot them

Fap is currently fap-5 for cheap fap and fap 15 for quicker heal.. fap 15 will eventually be replaced by 2600, fap 80,90 or 50 until i can loot an adj/imp/mod one.

I also use different but similer quickbar for different tasks. like QB 1 goes for normal hunting, GB2 for axe skill QB3 for mining and so on..

Depends what I'm killing, but I usually carry the following:

MKV ME + A106
Imp M2870 + A105
Jester + A103
Jester
Mann Mph + A105
M2201 + A102

I should probably ditch the amped Jester; I just have it in case I need a finishing gun for something further than 20m away.

I set up different bars for different hunting styles (melee, ranged, small/big mobs etc), and another one for mining. but i keep the important stuff always on the same buttons (Tanking FAP, 'panic' weapon, finish weapon etc)

The Mighty said:
And then lets not speak about faps.... Fap 50 for tanking, fap 28 for tanking smaller mobs, fap 15 between mobs... and fap 5 after a revive and when Im just talking or running back out to the mobs...

here you can get 2 free quick bar spaces. why you use fap-28 if you have fap-50? as far as i remember fap-28 have the same decay as fap-50 but it just heals less. So get rid of that. the second free space could be in the place of fap-15. Use fap-5 to fap between mobs. it will take a bit longer but that is not that big problem. if you sometimes want to heal faster just take fap-50.

M2875
DOA Strikehammer
Marber Foxtrot ME

^all I need.

Hansi said:
I set up different bars for different hunting styles (melee, ranged, small/big mobs etc), and another one for mining. but i keep the important stuff always on the same buttons (Tanking FAP, 'panic' weapon, finish weapon etc)

LoL ... Panic weapon....
Yep... my good ol ep45 always in the same spot !!!

Hi Mighty :)

I would tend to agree with what someone else had said earlier in the thread about the plasma being redundant when you have a FF. I've mixed the two weapons and decided the plasma wasn't necessary... Think of it in terms of dmg/sec, the FF should overtake the plasma in that category so just get a bit closer to the mob and use only the FF, I believe that the level of dmg done over the same amount of time will be better that way.

As for me I keep 4 weapons on my quick bar:
FF8KM
MK2
Maddox 4
Jester

This is followed up with generally two faps, FAP10 and a ek2600. Damn FAP5 does nothing for skills anymore so I had to upgrade to the 10... :rolleyes:

I also keep different sets of hotkeys for different activities such as big mobs, small mobs, mining, etc. That does get a bit confusing from time to time, nothing worse than having some huge mob spawn right next to you and you try to add it as a friend instead of shooting it. :p

Anyway, GL with getting that hotkey bar to a managable size!

I used to have loadsa quickbars loaded up with all sortsa shite, but as I learned more about how to hunt, and how to profit, I changed dramatically

I have 3 bars:

F1 is Mining
F2 is Guns
F3 is Axes

I use guns that are right for my skill level, rather than the biggest gun I can afford. I don't pk, so I don't need some monster gun - just enough to kill the mobs I want to, so my guns consist of Mk1, Bravo (tagging), A lil baby pistol (I change depending on mood - nothing that does more than 12 damage), and an EP38

F3 I just have 6 axe 1x0's. I have no intention of changing them to 2x0's - I have been doing extremely well on the 1x0's. I do need to remember to nip to storage and grab another couplo tho - 6 never last long enough

Even tho I have FAPs 5, 10, 15, 28, 35 and 50, I only carry a FAP5 and a FAP15

Key 1 is always run on all bars. FAPs are always on F10/F11 on all bars. F12 is de-select item

I get bucketloadsa skills from that combo, and the only thing I change, is to add an amp or not onto a gun if I go hunting bigger mobs

Edit: While I'm stuvk on dialup, I'll prolly switch FAPS from 5 and 15 to 15 and 35 to compensate for the lag, altho I dont think there'll be many other players who will be playing on a (shared!) 56k connection

Here's what I generally use. If I'm going for mobs, and I don't want more than 1 at a time, I pull it with my Bravo, then do a little damage with my AS-117, and when it gets in range I devastate it with my Maddox IV + Beast.

If I can handle more than one mob at a time, I just use my AS-117 to start it off, then cream it with the Mad/Beast combo. Works great; the decay is a bit high but the mobs almost never regen health, and they drop really quick ;)

Back