MA Quality shines again!!!

Status

Airedale

Veneratio Supremus Totus
Society
Freelancer
Studley Airedale
I haven't played since Monday because of various bugs. I finally decided I could at least be a pilot until they worked out the rubber banding problem.

Once I got to CND I tried to TP to my apartment building. I ended up on the surface of the asteroid and died, but I did revive in my building so no real harm done.

After picking up some items in my apartment, I tp'd to the control room. Well, not exactly. I actually tp'd to the surface of the asteroid again, but I revived in the control room, so again, no real harm done.

I sold 4 seats and headed down to Calypso. I arrived at my hangar with 4 healthy passengers. We'd all left the ship and were on our way to Fort Argus when we all crashed to desktop. When we relogged, we were all back on CND, but the ship isn't. I assume it is in my hangar on the surface.

I've worked with computers for nearly 30 years, most of that time in software development and testing. The quality of MA's product is an embarrassment to anyone that calls themself a professional.

Yes, I did file a support case. What do you think the odds are that I won't lose at least 70 peds on this?

I'm taking another week off from the game while MA installs more bugs and I consider my options.

Were you drinking at the time? Come in a little too hot on the landing?
Were there actually smoldering remains of the spaceship on your desktop?
:laugh:

Seriously, though, good luck with the support case. Things like this just drive me nuts. Let us know what their reply is. I'd really like to know.

that missing ship crash thing exactly happened to a friend of mine months ago just following a vu.

i guess it's not surprising that after every vu, the same exact bugs show up. wonder if it is how they are able to eventually fix them that they are not able to fix them before launching a new vu. seems like they would know what they were since they seem to fix them all the time.

Skippie said:
that missing ship crash thing exactly happened to a friend of mine months ago just following a vu.

i guess it's not surprising that after every vu, the same exact bugs show up. wonder if it is how they are able to eventually fix them that they are not able to fix them before launching a new vu. seems like they would know what they were since they seem to fix them all the time.

Anyone can make a mistake. I certainly have.

Making the same mistakes over and over means one of two things. Either you are stupid, or you just don't care.

I think in this case it is the latter.

Is there a reward to finding parts to your crashed ship, might be parts of your ship all over calypso. :laugh: :D

Airedale said:

Making the same mistakes over and over means one of two things. Either you are stupid, or you just don't care.

To paraphrase someone who died a long time ago-
"Never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained as stupidity."

:D

I totally agree with you Airedale. What real bites me is the fact that Marco right now on another part of the forum, has this diversionary tactic of involving us in a discussion of how to produce a NEW and INPROVED auction system.

PLEASE PLEASE MA...dont give us anymore new stuff, roll this junk VU back, and give us virtual reality that actually works.

Von

Engineers as a species usually don't stop trying to fix something until they've suceeded in braking it completely.

Airedale said:
I sold 4 seats and headed down to Calypso. I arrived at my hangar with 4 healthy passengers. We'd all left the ship and were on our way to Fort Argus when we all crashed to desktop. When we relogged, we were all back on CND, but the ship isn't. I assume it is in my hangar on the surface.

I`m sorry...but for 30 min i am laughing like mad!!!!....:))))
I`m not gonna say anymore bad stuff about MA cause it seems it affects my loots.....but that was a bad day!!!

Good luck finding your ship:)

any body want to buy a ship that crashed thru the cieling of my apartment ??

:D

Airedale said:

this is so damn true man ... +rep

Alright, alright. I'll admit it. I was feeling particularly David Copperfieldish, and demonstrated my l33t skills on your ship.

I haven't exactly worked out how to reverse the magic though, but as I type this, I am trying to read my magic 101 book to find out.

Skippie said:
i guess it's not surprising that after every vu, the same exact bugs show up. QUOTE]

This is the best evidence for my theory that MA does not have control over their code.

I think that when a bug occurs they do a quick patch but leave the master code unchanged. then, when the next VU comes it is applied based on the master code (that is what they were working off while creating the new VU.)

Hence, SBDV.

Same Bug. Different VU.

thoreau said:
Skippie said:
i guess it's not surprising that after every vu, the same exact bugs show up. QUOTE]

This is the best evidence for my theory that MA does not have control over their code.

I think that when a bug occurs they do a quick patch but leave the master code unchanged. then, when the next VU comes it is applied based on the master code (that is what they were working off while creating the new VU.)

Hence, SBDV.

Same Bug. Different VU.

Someone told that they had two development teams, one that worked on the next VU to be released, and one that worked on the VU thereafter.

Needless to say, it requires pretty strong communication between the two groups to make fixes survive a VU generation... (team A fixes the bug but doesn't make sure team B both fixes the bug and make sure it's fixed in the same way; then a loong time later team B releases their release, with the bugs that were fixed "ages" ago suddently pops up again; and if the program code is never synched, some bugs comes and goes depending on what team who created the VU).

I would suggest everyone stop depositing untill all of this gets fixed, even thou MindArk owns Entropia Univers we are the users and we do have power to say enough is enough people ! the only way that will get attention is supportcases and don't deposit untill they fix it.

well nomatter for most you cannot hunt anyways so wait with putting in more peds untill Entropia runs like it should.

/Nakia

aia said:
Someone told that they had two development teams, one that worked on the next VU to be released, and one that worked on the VU thereafter.

Needless to say, it requires pretty strong communication between the two groups to make fixes survive a VU generation... (team A fixes the bug but doesn't make sure team B both fixes the bug and make sure it's fixed in the same way; then a loong time later team B releases their release, with the bugs that were fixed "ages" ago suddently pops up again; and if the program code is never synched, some bugs comes and goes depending on what team who created the VU).

Well said that man. I've noticed this too. Take note everyone... when (if) MA stop coming up with shiny new auctions (which incidentally will increase their profits and our costs) and decide to fix the current lag/ general movement bugs to make EU actually useable... we'll be ok for about 2 weeks until the other 'development' team re-instates them all.

In the mean time Airedale, I'm sorry for your bad fortune. I'd be interested to see what supports reaction to this is. I can't imagine they'll have a useless standard answer to this one.... YET.

Shadwell

heheh this new update is actually the one with the
new improved bermuda triangle engine:loco:
where ships dissapear
you tp in new and unexpected directions
and "supprise" youre peds vanish that little bit quicker
Ps: if you find any circa.1940 pilots id love a flying helmet:laugh:

+rep m8

Found your ship Airedale...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39082

It crashed into a building in TI and took out most of the upper floors.

I reckon MA are really gonna be pissed at you for damaging their buildings!

:laugh:

So in summary, there's nothing in EU at the moment that works as it should apart from the ability to deposit.... and Nakia suggests we don't do that!

I think I'll go decorate my room (real room).

lol

heheh this new update is actually the one with the
new improved bermuda triangle engine
where ships dissapear
you tp in new and unexpected directions
and "supprise" youre peds vanish that little bit quicker
Ps: if you find any circa.1940 pilots id love a flying helmet

hehe... let me know if you see any avatars named Amelia Earheart!

Nakia said:
I would suggest everyone stop depositing untill all of this gets fixed, even thou MindArk owns Entropia Univers we are the users and we do have power to say enough is enough people ! the only way that will get attention is supportcases and don't deposit untill they fix it.
/Nakia

Now that is true! Maybe we should stop depositing for a while and see what happens to MA. Or maybe lower the prices of everything (which is almost impossible).

"Same Bug. Different VU." ...omg. That is the best chunk of text in months :D

I got my answer from support

Support offered to move my avatar from CND back to Calypso so I could find my ship. They blamed the problem on a CTD, which isn't technically correct since all four of my passengers were also booted from the game at the same instant.

It is obvious that the problem was with the server, it wasn't that 5 computers in different parts of the world all crashed at the same instant.

I mentioned that the SERVER crash cost me 80 ped. Here is MA's response.

"MindArk is constantly working on keeping the system stable. On rare occasions, issues that affect the performance of the system occur. This is due to technical reasons that are unexpected and unavoidable. In the End User License Agreement (EULA), it is stated that MindArk is not liable for the participant's expenses or losses that may arise from the use of the Entropia Universe.

Your avatar is now back at Eudoria."

Isn't it nice to know that MA is constantly working on keeping the system stable? I thought they were constantly working on making the game unplayable.

This incident wouldn't have cost me anything except that I gave my passengers refunds. Apparently my standards of customer service are higher than MA's.

Actually this crashing was already in VU1.

MA's Q&A engineer was called Billy. Unfortunately he crashed when testing VU1 (at the location we all know) and they have been unable to hire a new one.

Airedale said:

Sorry Airedale but that is friggin' hilarious :laugh:

On a serious note :( that sucks!

Airedale said:
Support offered to move my avatar from CND back to Calypso so I could find my ship. They blamed the problem on a CTD, which isn't technically correct since all four of my passengers were also booted from the game at the same instant.

It is obvious that the problem was with the server, it wasn't that 5 computers in different parts of the world all crashed at the same instant.

I mentioned that the SERVER crash cost me 80 ped. Here is MA's response.

"MindArk is constantly working on keeping the system stable. On rare occasions, issues that affect the performance of the system occur. This is due to technical reasons that are unexpected and unavoidable. In the End User License Agreement (EULA), it is stated that MindArk is not liable for the participant's expenses or losses that may arise from the use of the Entropia Universe.

Your avatar is now back at Eudoria."

Isn't it nice to know that MA is constantly working on keeping the system stable? I thought they were constantly working on making the game unplayable.

This incident wouldn't have cost me anything except that I gave my passengers refunds. Apparently my standards of customer service are higher than MA's.

+rep for giving the refunds. MA could learn something from their players.

There should be a space elevator that leaves from TI Central.

Costs 50, shoots you up into the sky in a beam of light. (LETS ACTUALLY SEE SOME VIDEO FOR THIS, NOT JUST TEXT THAT SAYS)

*** YOU AND YOUR FELLOW COLONISTS ARE SHOT INTO THE SKY ON A BEAM OF LIGHT ***

Anyways. costs 50 ped. give some to Death, give some to ND. Make everyone happy. People have an emergency function to use if they cant find a pilot or lose their ship.

And it costs more than a ship ride, so the ship owners are still happy because they can still sell rides for 30ped.

I have just posted the same thing last night

In my case I wasn't kicked, my screen was still shaking badly post flight, I teleported to Hades, and was already moving about when I decided to relog, foundmyself back in an empty hangar

WTF MA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Eli said:
I have just posted the same thing last night

In my case I wasn't kicked, my screen was still shaking badly post flight, I teleported to Hades, and was already moving about when I decided to relog, foundmyself back in an empty hangar

WTF MA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

I was going to resume flying this evening but since the problem still exists, there is no point. I guess I'll play another game again tonight.

Status
Back