Skill gain after this Vu

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
On the Last VU it seemed your Skill Gain was more or less Death when reached 4k. Now it feels the Skills raise faster again but im Wondering where the So Called "Medicore Player" Borders are? I know real High Skilled Persons dont get skills at all even after this VU. So where is the Border now ?

My Highest Skill is Longblades whos near 4k and it raise currently in a OK Rate.

People,your to fixated with the PRIMARY skills like rifles,handguns,longblades..teh SECONDARY that pretty much matters more are still really slow compared to 7.3 VU

High rifle doesnt mean a thing if your aim,weapons handling and the others are not improving adequatly

Amen Knuckles

from my little testing it seems like there is still a too big bias between
primary and 2nddary skills

the main boost MA did in this VU is on attributes and general skills

as well as a little in crafting imho ;)

They boosted General skills..funny..they havent moved much the last month :rolleyes:

I guess that they raised gain in main skills like rifle, pistol and such because of loads of whining from some ppl.
Many of those who whine, only saw their main skills, and was then satisfied when they changed them. :silly2:
They didn't think about effect of other skills and I really don't think they have any clue of what different skills do. :silly2:

/Kjetil :cool:

kjetil, thats because no one does. but no, you cant blame them for not acting on info they dont have.

tho perhaps its not too much to ask for a player to read through av info, see something that says 'inflict ranged damage' and think hmm, maybe that affects my dmg variance more overall than my rifle skill.

haha =D

Post wasn't ment to blame anyone.
Only something to think about for ppl who draw conclusions, before they think throughly about what they write. No offence for anybody.

/Kjetil :cool:

My skill gains in this VU are 100x better than the previous 2 or 3 VUs. And yeah, I'm including secondary skills, they move up a little slower but still at a much better rate than before.

Thanks for listening MA!

agreed on phobia, skillgains are way better than last VU, where all kinda stalled.

yes of course u need to hunt right kinda mobs, if i hunt lets say argos with 1x0 axe i get shit, but if i hunt i.e. troxies with kat blade i get nice skills :kos:

Nea said:
yes of course u need to hunt right kinda mobs, if i hunt lets say argos with 1x0 axe i get shit, but if i hunt i.e. troxies with kat blade i get nice skills :kos:

or EnBlade-13 Mentor Edition on anything big :D

I know that Secondary Skills Matter a Lot Knuckles. The Longblade was just an Example because its my Highest Skill and we know as Higher the Skill as bigger the Slowdown. My Secondary Skills raise faster too on this VU. I was asking where the new Border is when Skills raise as slow thats not longer worth to mention. I also Know that Primary raise faster and this make me Think about the Arguments of "Natural" Skillers. They said this would prefectly Balance their Skills . Maybe that was true 2 VUs bevore but how about now ?

Maybe you can tell us some Examples from your Skills and the Skill Gain you had sience the Last VU ? :)

Skill raise on 100 PED Maddox IV/knight atrox hunt: (67 minutes)
GENERAL
Alertness 0
Athletics 5
Courage 1
Dexterity 2
Perception 3

COMBAT
Aim 1
Combat Reflexes 2
Handgun 32
Inclict Ranged Damage 3
Marksmanship 35
Weapons Handling 7

DEFENCE
Evade 5

MEDICAL
Anatomy 12
Diagnosis 2
First Aid 4

Construction
BLP Wep Tech 27

SUMMARY
Total cost: 100 PED ammo+50 PED maddox 4 + 22 PED armor + 3 PED FAP=175
Total loot: 108 PED
ROI: 62% (67 PED loss)
Total skill gain: 141

Cost per skill level: 47 PEC*
Time per skll level: 29 sec

AVERAGE SKILLS**
Total average skill gain: 8.8
Cost per average skill level: 7.5 PED*
Time per average skll level: 7.7 minutes

Cost to reach a new professional standing***: 1500 PED*
Time to reach a new professional standing: 25.7 hours
-- if I hunt 2 hours every day: 13 days
(**With all skills used - 16, ***200 levels)

*With a ROI of ~62% which seems to be normal when I hunt atrox. People with more luck

than me may have a slightly lower loss. ;)

My professional standing is hidden, probably Trained BLP Pistoleer.

Last edited:
And that skillgain is just SAD. Since it must mean getting HP is slower than before meaning some people will be forced to try and get higher decayign armor for protection and what not

A Trained BLP Pistoleer would have gotten atleast 250 skills during that hunt pre nerf. And the skills would be more evenly shared where it matters the most ( HG doesnt really matter without good sub combat skills)

I made another test. It will be my last due to the disapointing results. You can compare this with the previous.

=============
Skill raise on full valor/knight atrox hunt: (50 minutes)
GENERAL
Alertness 1
Athletics 1
Bravado 3
Courage 3
Dexterity 0
Perception 2

COMBAT
Combat Reflexes 5
Heavy Melee Weapons 4
Inflict Melee Damage 5
Longblades 9
Martial Arts 2
Melee Combat 3

DEFENCE
Evade 4

MEDICAL
Anatomy 5
Diagnosis 1
First Aid 3

(rifle used for finishing, no rifle skills though)

SUMMARY
Total cost: 84.5 PED valor + 2.2 PED honor + 1.7 PED ammo + 11.3 PED armor + 2.5 PED FAP=102 PED
Total loot: 43 PED
ROI: 42% (59 PED loss)
Total skill gain: 51

Cost per skill level: 1.16 PED
Time per skll level: 59 seconds

AVERAGE SKILLS**
Total average skill gain: 3.2
Cost per average skill level: 18.4 PED
Time per average skll level: 15.6 minutes

Cost to reach a new professional standing***: 3680 PED*
Time to reach a new professional standing: 52 hours
-- if I hunt 2 hours every day: 26 days
(**With all skills used - 16, ***200 levels)

*With a ROI of ~42% which seems to be very bad.

My professional standing is Skilled Swordsman.

yes minder, i can agree on those, it's lil bit depressing and sad, but it's same for everyone, times for getting fast skills are over. luckily within this VU it is lil better than in VU 7.4, but like i said, times what we had like in january or last year this time, are over...

happy skilllin everyone :kos:

Ya so basically the ones who afk clicked the most also got skills no one can reach with present skillsystem

Back