Physx Engine Status

Commodore said:
I'd like to take the thread back to task, before the login issue side-track.

I came accross this add-on card a while back from Ageia PhysX.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/PhysX_Accelerators.html

Maybe, just maybe things would be different if we had one of em running in our machine? I've read the comments about server-centric EU, however the graphics engine operates client side. Of course if we do all need £150 odd to put things right, maybe we should have been warned a little...

use the search function and maybe also read the whole thread before posting? ;)

Thanks Legion for pointing out this error. I used the search feature to locate the thread after recognising the Ageia logo on the loading screen. I then read though many pages of replys, unfortunately I must have clicked through one, as I missed the info I was looking for! I take pride in the fact that my posts are thought about and considered, and it's rare that I'll post a one line quip.

Respect to gekkegerrit for raising this point in the first place.

I think it's still somewhat unanswered, the requirement of the PhysX card. I would expect MA to tread gingerly when introducing a potential hardware requirement. Maybe they think that the dedicated would move to get one, while those that don't will gradually (and quitely) fall away from EU.

I don't see how any serious graphical/physics performance could be implemented without the dedicated processing boost.

The main benefit to MA in using Ageia without their hardware solution, would lie in optimizations, which certainly have not been bourne.

I for one, would be more than happy to get £200 of hardware, if it takes us a few steps closer to 'half-life2' type universe...

well it wont be a required hardware just optional.
I dont see why this should be needed though as if someone doesnt have it it wont affect that person anyway so it's just pure eyecandy. (if i understood stuff correct)

Ive followed this thread.
Many here screem about MA , telling they are dumb boys trying to use engine made for pro.

Personally , i see MA doing efforts to bring us new interresting content , but maybe they didnt tested it well before releasing this new version with PhysiX engine. well, they will fix it in due time. Being programmer myself , i sometimes have to deal with bugs for several days before finding out what's wrong , and this is with "only" 10,000 lines code... now imagine the complexity of EU.... and also think he couldnt be tried with so much people online without implementing it on main servers...

So i give credit to MA , be sure MA programmers , i'm with you and i understand this nightmare.

BTW , i m one of those who should complain alot , the game don't work anymore on my computer simce last patch , but i m patient , i know MA guys are working hard on a very complex system.

Keep you hard work , MA , i know you can do it.

Back