"Not anymore"?

Yirrk

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood Academy
Yirrkala "Yirrk" Wombarra
So I looked at my Opalo's stats and they said "Not Anymore" for the Learning Period Damage and Learning Period Aim.
What does that mean? I can't build skill with that gun anymore? Do I have to move up to another rifle to skill up more? What is the next gun to go get?
Thanks, Yirrk

U can still get skills with it, it means u are out of the learning period and can use it for 100%.

I was under the impression that means you no longer get a bonus to the rate of skill increase when using that gun (you WILL still get skill increases, though... just without the extra boost of the learning period). Am I mistaken?

The Salamander said:
I was under the impression that means you no longer get a bonus to the rate of skill increase when using that gun (you WILL still get skill increases, though... just without the extra boost of the learning period). Am I mistaken?

no u are correct :)

Yirrk said:
What is the next gun to go get?

And as for the next gun to get....

You have 2 options.

1. Get any of the non L (Limited) guns but then you deal with an HA of 2.0/10 (whatever) and work on rasing this as your skills grow. Your HA will be the same whether you get a Jester or a MK5.

2. Get one of the L guns like the Breer range. Wiht these you will still have the Skills Increase Bonus for a while. And when the "not any more" arrives, you will be using them with a 10/10 but with more damage that the opalo. The downside of this is they are L weapons and cant be repaired.

Don't forget there's also the Option of using the Opalo further with A104 or A105 until you reach a better HA on standard Weapons.
Many people use the Opalao for a long time after they don't get SIB on it anymore because the economy is just great.
And your skills will still raise, it will just go slower.

From my personal experience after I maxed the Opalo I tried the Breer M1a as that had a SIB on it... unfortunately its waaay too slow and I found the Opalo & A104 was a much better combination.

However, once i'd raised my rifle skills high enough to max out the Breer M2a I decided to try one out... what a difference... with an A104 it absolutely rocks!

Now I only use the Opalo as a finisher. The fact you cant repair the weapon is a shame and the decay is a bit high but I can kill as many if not more mobs with the same amount of ammo with the Breer as the Opalo but the decay on the 104 is about half the cost so easilly makes up for it. Fun and efficient hunting... what more can you ask for?

Lem said:
but the decay on the 104 is about half the cost so easilly makes up for it.

Where do you get this idea?

Decay
Omegaton A103 1.607
Omegaton A104 2.039

Thorrn said:
Where do you get this idea?

Decay
Omegaton A103 1.607
Omegaton A104 2.039
Because roughy 5K ammo fired through an Opalo + A104 and i've got a dead 104 with a nearly 40PED repair bill whereas the same amount of ammo fired through an M2a and the repair cost is just over 20PED so it costs roughly half as much to repair the amp for the same amount of ammo used plus theres enough life left in the amp for another 4.5K ammo :)

Regarding the A103 vs A104 i've read enough on here already to believe the 104 is the more efficient but i'm still open to suggestion.

Lem said:
Because roughy 5K ammo fired through an Opalo + A104 and i've got a dead 104 with a nearly 40PED repair bill whereas the same amount of ammo fired through an M2a and the repair cost is just over 20PED so it costs roughly half as much to repair the amp for the same amount of ammo used plus theres enough life left in the amp for another 4.5K ammo :)

Regarding the A103 vs A104 i've read enough on here already to believe the 104 is the more efficient but i'm still open to suggestion.

im sorry to burst your bubble there, but the reason why you get 40 ped decay on amp with opalo compared to 20 ped with m2a is because the m2a has a ammoburn of 4 and the opalo has a ammoburn of 2. and since the opalo is faster its still better when it comes to dmg/sec in the long run (if you include missed shots). the eco is also better with opalo.

opalo with 104 is better than m2a with 104 imo

Well i just read the VU 8.7 preview and it seems using an Opalo with a powerful amp won't be such a good idea anymore :eek:

sob said:
im sorry to burst your bubble there, but the reason why you get 40 ped decay on amp with opalo compared to 20 ped with m2a is because the m2a has a ammoburn of 4 and the opalo has a ammoburn of 2. and since the opalo is faster its still better when it comes to dmg/sec in the long run (if you include missed shots). the eco is also better with opalo.

opalo with 104 is better than m2a with 104 imo
Hey Sob, no apologies necessary... my bubble's not burst... not yet anyway :)

I do realize why theres less repair when using the amp on the m2a and take your point about missed shots however the opalo does not do more dmg/sec in fact the m2a is nearly 2pts of damage more per sec than the opalo. The opalo is very slightly better dmg/pec but when you consider the extra fap or armour decay you might incur it soon gets negated.

See Carebare's wonderful comparison tool for my data ;)

IMHO the m2a is a much better weapon though not because of these figures, to be honest comparing them in this way there's very little to choose between the two (although I still think the breer wins :) ) but the big winner for the breer is the sheer extra amount of fun you get from it.

I can take down the same number of argos with roughly the same amount of ammo but with the breer they simply die quicker which means during my limited time in Entropia I kill more argos per night and have a better chance at those elusive globals to boot :D

Snakecharmer said:
Well i just read the VU 8.7 preview and it seems using an Opalo with a powerful amp won't be such a good idea anymore :eek:

Care to post a link to this?

this is really cool since i prefer korss h400s over opalo now anyways. sounds like a good idea to me, and i think they're right. also will increase demand for current and future (L) weapons, which will help prices, so people will finally give in. i'm excited.

regarding the VU preview:
BUT REMEMBER about how the blp and plasma versions of out beloved opalo are comming soon? well ... there ya go, not so much of a big deal after all now huh. regardless at least hopefully plasma chips will go down in price if there's a/some decent l plasma rifle(s)

Back