PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
MindArk Goldcard Offer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 7 - The Heist

I made sure I was up early the next morning. It was game day for the infantry. Hans was somehow up before I was, so I decided to return the favor on Sean and Jared. Gleefully bouncing to their bunks I sang with a hint of humor in my voice "Rise and shine girls!" I threw up the blinds and flooded the room with the sunlight. They resisted by putting the sheets over their heads, so I took a bottle of water and dumping it where their mid-section was under the sheets. "Damn guys, use the bathroom!" By this time the entire barrack was up and laughing at them. Paybacks a beotch, I thought to myself. Needless to say I knew I hadn't seen the end of it.

As we made our way by shuttle to the first actual town we would see on Calypso, I kept thinking about the action I was going to miss the next day for the search and rescue mission. But I had others things to worry about before that.
    ----
    "Ok grunts, get your equipment!"
    On a table in front of us were a bunch of items that we would be 'playing' with for today. A small Man MPH, a Jester D-1, a survival blade and some modified armor. As we were messing around and trying to get our gear to fit on Thunder told us the situation.
    "You are now in hadeshelm. This is a team capture the flag procedures, so teamwork is imperative for winning. The guns and the ammo have been modified so they shoot blanks, and if you are hit your vest will count it. 10 hits and you're wounded..."
    "Sir, how will we know if it's 10?" A tall thin cadet said in the back of the group.
    "Heh, you'll know." Thunder said with a bit of a chuckle. "Anyway, before I was interrupted, like I said, 10 and your down. Your team medic must come to your aid within 1 minute to revive you or you're toast.
    Your objective, is to capture your opponent’s storage box that has vital information, and take it back to your base. First team to successfully take their opponent's box, WHILE still having their own, wins."
    Whether it was accidental or curiosity Hans shot me with his rifle. I felt a sharp pinch of where it hit and the vest registered a small 'beep'. As usual Thunder took advantage of the situation.
    "You want to know what happens after 10 hits? Try it out on Bunny Mr. Hans." Gah, how come I was always the target? After the 10th hit the vest let out a sort of low moaning sound then suddenly felt like 500 lbs was stacked to the vest. So as predicted I fell like a rock to the ground. Needless to say the others weren’t sure if I was actually on the ground by force or just trying to fake it. I tried shooting my sidearm but to no avail. It wouldn't shoot.
    "Now, the medic on each team" Thunder continued, as though nothing happened at all "Must use the fast aid pack, or FAP as we call them, and hold it close to the target. Just press the button, and they're good as new. Now any questions or are you ready to win?" When he activated the FAP the vest returned to normal weight, so I could finally stand up. The whole group yelled and raised their arms in readiness for the upcoming battle.
    -----
    "Red leader, we are a go!" I was captain of the red team, so we made our base on the wall around the city. Eight players on each side, so This was going to be fun...if not intense. Three to hold back the fort, and five to charge the enemy's base...wherever that was. I ordered to do flying formation across the buildings so everyone had somebody's back. I was in front, Hans behind me and two other people from the Alpha squad Rick and Chris. Brian from the Beta squad was the last in line. Damn, this stuff's way better than the stuff back on earth. As we turned a corner I caught a glimpse of a person running around another building. I put my fist up in the air to single to other guys to halt and wait.
    "Foe two o'clock. Cover my back." I radioed to the others. I did a quick look then ran to a sidewalk barrier where I took position. I signaled Hans to come over to me while the other two covered him. Again I looked in the corner of my eye just in time to see the target run into one of the apartment complexes. "Target in building. Follow my lead."

We made our way slowly through the alleyway and then to an open courtyard. We held back so Hans could check the area with this scanner.
    "I'm not picking up any signals. Coast is clear" He announced. I would like to think I had more confidence in the scanner, but we had to move, time was ticking. We ran out of the alleyway into the doorway one by one so we wouldn't be picked off. We organized in the lobby until the scanner spotted a red dot near our position. Hans stood behind the door with his D-1 out, I kicked over a table and knelt behind it, having my own D-1 ready. Chris hid behind a wall and Rick slowly approached the door where the signal was coming from. We all waited. Then, the red dot disappeared.
    "What? Stupid device!" I picked it up and hit it a few times, the only way to fix things in my world. Why would it do that? Rick opened the door and stepped outside. He turned to the left, then to the right and then started firing.
    "We got contact! Need backup!" Before we could assist him he ran after the target. Heard a few shots, a yell, and then nothing. "Man down!" We heard. Dam, those guys work fast! We ran out the door way back into the courtyard. There was Rick, on the ground. I looked around. Couldn't find anything. It was a clear shot to him but the area was wide open for sniping. "So we leave him out there or try to rescue him?" Chris said. Indeed, quite the question...

For Discussion:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42844
    Retired but not done for...Oddbunny
    Follow sir oddbunny on Twitter!

Sir Odd's Site - Anti-scam guide - Basic Estate Guide - Entropia Directory -Entropia Gateway - Sir Odd's EF Blog

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 8 - The Choice

Still peering around the edges of the doorway I knew I had no choice but to get Rick back. It was only one man but we needed everybody we could get...last thing I needed was to have that thought hang on my head for a long time. Taking my survival blade I sliced off a thin sheet of metal from the blastdoor of the complex. Using it as a sort of shield, I ran half ducked behind the metal to Rick. Sure enough, as soon as I reached him I was under attack from two flanks to my right. Thankfully between Hans, Chris and me firing when I wasn't tending to Rick, we took out one while the other fled. With that done, we went back to the building to regroup. While we did I saw the other team dragging their man down so they could heal him. I let it go since I figured it would be best not to get their attention while we were still busy.

"Red leader, the base is under attack!" The radio squawked. Great, just lovely. Our base was under attack by their force and we still didn't know where the heck the other base was. "Ideas?!" I yelled, shaking off the bad thought and resuming my command stance.
    "We split up and cover ground. When we find the base, we radio it in to the others."
    "I hate to split up and possibly be picked off, but I see no other option. Hans, your with me, you two go north. Should you find it, don't be a hero and take it on yourself."
    As we split up the clouds above us opened up and it started to pour down rain. Normally I would have cursed at the luck of things but it actually felt a bit good. Plus it might provide some good cover if we need it. Meanwhile I was hearing the firefight from the radio from the base. Man, what I wouldn't do to switch with them...I would go back to help but we needed to get their case first.

To get out of the rain we entered another apartment complex and entered the lobby area. As soon as we were walking to the lounge area a shot literally burned my nose hairs, thus we fell back. Hans took out the radar and turned it on. "Please be blue" I whispered under my breath. Indeed, a dot with a bright blue color showed up at the top of the screen. A break finally: we found the base! Now the only trouble was to get passed the five people in front of it...
    We called for backup, and then Chris and Rick came back to our position. We knocked over a long table then hid behind under a hail of gunfire. I sat until the fire stopped for a second then pulling the D-1 over my head I let lose a few rounds and got back under. The others did the same. "Man, there's no end to these guys!" Hans said after reloading. I wasn't doing great on ammo myself, as I looked in my vest pocket and found only 2 mags left.
    Then it hit me: duh! How could I forget? Every lounge has an access tunnel behind the bar. (It was something I learned in tactics training). I told the others to sit tight and not shoot. Then I crawled out of the lounge and into the basement area where the tunnel system was. I could still hear the fighting in the lounge, but then the radio came to life once more. "Sir, they have retreated from the base! What are our orders?" Retreated? Why? Then I heard the sound of glass shattering and bullets flying through the air. My little contraption was doing it's job as a distraction. As I lifted the grill on the tunnel behind the bar I looked over my shoulder and found the case lying between some beverage mugs. As soon as I grabbed it a sharp beep alerted the others to my presence and that the case was no longer secure. I quickly ducked back into the tunnel, then heard Hans and the others firing on the now confused opponents, who had completely forgotten about them and were running back to see where the case went. Their mistake! I chuckled in a sort of victory as I emerged from the basement. But then the radio came back, with some not pleasant news: "Were pinned down from both sides! We need backup!" Dam, either go back and help and risk losing the case or leave them to fend for themselves and win. I ordered the people at the base to help them out while I made my way to the base myself. Only problem, I was by myself for the next 10 blocks of open space. I ran as fast as my little legs in stiff armor could muster, just stopping to see around building corners for opposition.

As soon as I arrived back at base I saw what I feared: with the base unguarded an opponent stayed behind and was running out of the entrance with MY case. Taking one of my extra mags I took out a few bullets from the chamber and put them in a empty tube that was on the street. Wadding some napkins I picked up from the lounge as a sort of fuel I added a bit of heat from my lighter. Then I ran behind the building to the other side. As soon as the flames hit the bullets they fired off as though I was there. The enemy thought he was under fire from that direction so he hid behind a concrete wall, which was right in front of the building. Too easy. Hit him with my Mann 10 times and he was out cold. Grabbing the case from his hands I ran back into my base and put both cases on table. Then opening each case I activated the beacon inside them to signal the end of the game. Exhausted, mentally and physically, I put my head on the table. As I rested a ship flew overhead and landed on the ground outside the base. Thunder with a few other personnel stepped out of the ship and made their way to the other players. Thunder came to me first.

"Well son, I don't know what to think. You made it back to base with both cases and won the game, but your entire squad ended up dead in battle. Everyone but you that is. Should you had made a better choice, you might've kept alive a bit more. Needs work." Then he left. NEEDS WORK?! I did it, I won the game for the team! And all I got was 'needs work'? I hit my head on the table again. Dang, there is no winning.

For Discussion:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42844

Sir Odd's Site - Anti-scam guide - Basic Estate Guide - Entropia Directory -Entropia Gateway - Sir Odd's EF Blog

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 9 - The discovery

Life on this planet was getting to be...almost normal, which is hard to say that when we arrived on this barren land a few weeks ago. Buildings were bursting with new life, gardens were in full bloom, and our days consisted of doing the usual routine of working our butts off and keeping security in check.

However, it didn't have the fine silver lining...good supplies were coming short, backup items became full-time, and reserves for extra metals were drying up fast. Pretty soon Thunder ordered us to go with a group of experienced miners that were doing some prospecting of the land areas to the north and doing test that showed there might be some minerals in the ground. Great, nothing like babysitting other people while they have all the fun...

BOOM!

Dirt and debris shoot thirty feet in the air as a charge detonates the place where it was. The guy I was with, Gary, took out his mining tool and flipped up the lid. "Come on, turn green..." He whispered. A small yellow light was flashing on the top of the tool. Kept flashing for a few seconds more, then turned red. "Dam, nothing." he growled. I looked on.
    "Now what?" I had already been out of a half hour or so beforehand waiting for this guy to get ready. It was about 88 degrees out, so the sun wasn't helping the temp go lower any faster. Sucks when there’s a sun shining every minute of every day.
    "We go 100 footsteps to thz north, and try again." So we did, about half way through we spotted a young (but still ugly) snablenot creature just grazing on some grass. "Can I see one of those charges?" I asked, hoping he would give me one. Gary gave a puzzled look. "What for?" I looked at the snable, then he looked at the snable. Then we both looked at the snable again. He grinned. "Are ye thinking what ye is thinkin!" I grabbed one from his bag, then going against the wind I took a charge and planted it right beneath the beastie. What it couldn't smell, it couldn't find, love that. I half tip-toed half ran back to where Gary was, then as soon as it was set we detonated the charge.

Needless to say, we never had this kind of entertainment back at home. As soon as the charge went the snable let out a sort of loud whistle before being put inside out and a mist of green goo fell around the ground. I high fived Gary for the cool trick and sat for a few seconds staring at the mess. We had completely forgotten that the charge also was searching for minerals, so we both jumped up when the ore finder lit up and vibrated a bit, as if it was happy itself. Quickly opening it up the green light was on and we had found a nice size one too. So I stood watching out for anything out of the ordinary while Gary went to work constructing a mini drill tower to extract the ore from the ground. Quite loud it was, as gary picked up the stones that were coming out of the tower, until there was a louder *THUNK* as the drill bit snapped in half and the machine came to a halt. "Now what" I told him. The last thing I needed was to report back with a broken drill bit, which were hard to replace at the time. Would have my head for dinner for this, I dreaded.

"Come look at this, and see for yeself" Gary said. As I stepped toward where the drill bit was a large metal container with lights and computer monitors displaying characters that I couldn't begin to figure out what they were saying. There were also wires sort of hanging out of it, as if it was damaged in someway. "What is it?"
    "I dunno...but I'm going to call it in." I radioed to base that we had found some metal, as well as a large 'metal sphere' that would be an interesting find.
    Later on that day the scientist who studied it said it was a sort of beacon that was used in the colonization process, but nothing like we used...where we alone?

----
    For Discussion:
    http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums...ead.php?t=42844

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 10 – The Civil War

“Alright men, this is the day of search and rescue. Find Dr. Baltar, and move out.”
    Thunder was standing in front of the briefing room with all the military personnel present and accounted for. As he spoke the screens of intel scrolled by of the mission plan. Maps, rosters, what to expect…30 minutes, in and out. Simple.
    “…Expect no to minimal resistance, as recon groups spot a small group of creatures…however stone and rock barriers prevented from any further information. Team Alpha and Gamma, you are to take postions at the north-eastern gate…” Thunder switched slides again, this time a map with the locations of the teams and arrows of their movement. “…Team bravo and echo take the south-western gate, with Teams Sierra and Tango patrolling the paramenter. Team Delta…” He looked at me at the delta section. “…will be here coordinating the search and rescue teams to make sure our little operation go as smoothly as possible. I softly hit the tabletop with my fist, though I’d rather made it so the whole room would hear. Total BS, everyone else was going to have fun while we did all the work. Besides, we were the best snipers on the planet, just a chance to prove it on the field would make thunder think twice about his descion.

An hour later the units left for the mission out of PA. Meanwhile we were doing our own task in the war room that was in the landing area of PA, had a few tents with people running in and out with reports and documents and whatnot. I turned on a few moniters that were hooked up to each of the team leader's rifles, so we could see for ourselves what was going down. Me and the rest of the team just sort of sat back while the outgoing teams checked and re-checked their equiptment and supplies.
    "This is team Alpha, prepared for mission..." One by one the teams got ready. When they were we gave the green light and it was go time. I punched a few buttons on my watch just to see how long this would take. "30 minutes...simple" I kept muttering to myself.
    So every five minutes when I wasn't throwing a waded up paper ball to the other three I checked in with the teams. They seemed rather joyed that I wasn't out there with them, which made the entire situation seem worse and worse. After about twenty minutes the radio crackled to life, and not on my side...
    "This is team Alpha, we have reached the site of interest...taking a look around..." I pushed up my chair to get a better view of the moniters. Man, that place is a wreck. The outer walls of the facility were severly damaged with large holes on all sides, the gound around the place was dark and overtuned, and the security systems were offline. Whoever...or whatever...did quite the number on this place. Begain to doubt there was anything left of our fellow rescuie left. Even Sean and Hans stopped what they were doing to look up.
    Looked around for about another 15 minutes or so, was about to call them back since I figured there was nothing left to salvage. Suddenly the Beta Team's camera hit the floor as a red laser shot out of the building and hit the captain. "Man down, man down, need backup!" As orders begain to race through the radios. Thunder came through the tent entrence. "What in the @%# blazes is going on?!" He stared at the montiners himself and slowly began to have his mouth open, as if even he was in shock. As I watched guns fired, ammo casings hitting the ground, orders, calls for backup and help, then soon after Team Gamma's radio went silent. Damnit! I couldn't take anymore of this, not today.
    "All teams, fall back to green zone! Repeat, all teams fall back!" I ordered. Not only was I not present on the field but those lives who were lost were on my head now. This wasn't a game. Now it's for real.
    As we briefed over what happened I took one last look at Team Gammas camera. What I saw made me grab Thunder away from his duties. While he seemed as angry and peeved as I was, I just pointed to the screen, and even he looked surpised. What came out from the walls weren't creatures, but the robots that we sent five years ahead of us to build the colony. Why were they shooting...?

----
    For Discussion:

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 11 - Investagation

It was a rather quiet trip to the battle field. The radio was dead for the most part, only chirping every few minutes from base to try and pick up any survivors. So far no calls back. At the same time, all four of us were trying to comprehend what had gone down: bots that were programmed for no other chore than to build and maintain the systems had broken their coding and were assaulting our troops? For what cause, and to what end?

Seems the auto-deactivation terminals that were stationed at a nearby power node had been fried. Somebody...or, something it would seem, had taken the main CPU core offline, then wielded the controls together in a huge smattering mess.

"Burned it clean, nothing left" Sean muttered out loud. Indeed it was. The damn juggernauts had control of the secondary control systems no doubt, 1,000 paces past their position. However, that was about it...the rest was controlled back in Port Atlantis and Fort Ithica. Last at least I knew of we still had both in our control.

We dispatched some engineers and electricians to the sites affected ASAP to clear the controls and implement new security grids. Obviously we would need to be one step ahead at all times, as the robots were connected to the WAN channels and could access data when needed to repair a part or structure. This is also where they receive power to do their work.

We were given new orders: the techs that had come along from the Omegatron Industries had been developing a new piece of technology that would fry all electrical components in a controlled area, useful for knocking out enemy computers back on earth. With some slight modifications it could be used to take out the robots, and leave everything else relatively in tact. A small number of these 'EMP charges' next to the affected power nodes would destroy the network feed, causing the robots to deactivate one by one, if not all together.

Trouble was, we couldn't just waltz in and place it.

Being a heafy 100+ lbs, we flew via jumper to the location. Hans, Sean and Jake came along as well as two other teams as backup. The ship stopped and hovered above the LZ, we jumped from ropes and then towed the charge down. As Sean armed the chagre a strange whirl came from the North-East.

"Frackers never quit." I muttered. A group of drones had came out of the old work facility building, and had large welders attached to their right arms. We now knew the fate of the others had not been a good one.

"Fall back!" I ordered. While the emp charge was needed to make the plan work I wasn't going to sacrifice any more men. I had learned my lesson from training, not going to make that mistake again. We quickly pulled back, brining the emp charge with us. I turned around a building corner right before a charge blew out a good chunk of the wall.

"Mayday, Mayday, we are falling back to jumpship, aborting mission! I repeat, aborting mission due to hostile forces!" The jumpship was waiting back in the EZ, where we quickly loaded up and took off. Everyone but me and Hans was in the belly of the ship, we sat on the edge of the exit, getting a nice wind in this dark day of ours. Felt kinda good to be off ground, no crazy bots here...

The left engine exploded as a crude-made RPG slammed into the side. The ship made a violent jerk to the side. Me and Hans flew out of the exit. I somehow grabbed the rope that was still tied down, cutting my hands as I slid down. Hit the bottom of the rope, fell about another 40 feet to the ground.

Last thing before I slipped into darkness was an explosion...~

----
    For Discussion:

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Post Chapter 12 - Bittersweet Recovery

Bright lights...noises...voices

I could faintly feel myself slowly whirling around in circles in my head...felt numb, couldn't feel anything...

An hour later I finally pulled enough of myself to open an eye a tad. Still couldn't make out most of what I saw, but I was definitely in the hospital wing. As a blur went to pass me I tried to with my strength yell, shout, anything, however all that came out was a "meerph". That was enough to catch the person's attention.

I could see other blurs coming about, each doing something with monitors and tubes. "10 mg of hydro-oxide, and turn the terminal to full power” I could hear. Don’t know what it was, but a sudden rush of adrenaline came shooting through the IV; my vision became somewhat clearer than it was, and some of the numbness subsided.

I looked up to see the figure of Dr. Kran, the local surgeon for the colony.
    "I feel like crap" I said with the new energy I was given.
    "You look like crap kid" he replied with a sort of an ignorant tone in his voice. "It's a nice surprise that you made it out in piece. The new technology from the Omegatron Corp. sent us some really nice machines to patch up the living...and the dead for that matter. Your head and stomach patched up rather nicely, if I say so myself." He turned away to flip through files on a clipboard. I managed to push myself up to a sitting position. Well, lest that works. I turned to get my legs off the recovery bed. Big mistake...no level of pain could describe what I felt as my legs did a sudden twist in a direction that should not be humanly possible. I yelled in pain.

The doctor turned his head around. "Your lower half, I'm afraid is still going to take time to recover." Sure, now the !$#@ says something. Had to have a nursing assistant prop my legs back on the bed. "Two weeks...one to fully heal and another for rehab." Two weeks, great...

Another sharp pain went through my head. Not physical pain, but a sudden urge to know what the rest of my team's fate was.

"What about the others? My team?" I suddenly said. I was expecting an "all dead" reply, but Kran simply said, "Recovering." I just put my head back into the pillow on the bed and rested, knowing all I wanted to know for that time...two weeks...

----
    For Discussion:

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 13 - Rehab, recovery and chips

Needless to say, the two weeks went rather quickly. Thanks to the new technology put in place, my comrades came out in good condition as well. Seemed all was quite well for the time...

Shortly after I was done with my daily five hour rehabilitation program (painstaking, to say the lest), I heard the hum of a low flying aircraft. I looked up to see not one, but three military cargo ships taking position in the docking ports off the side of the HQ. When I entered the HQ to see the reports I could see the General running around barking orders faster and with more authority than I ever saw before...wait...is that sweat on his head? He's never broken a sweat before. As I approached with still a bit of a limp Gen. Thunder trusted a huge pile of paperwork in my arms, which I quickly collapsed even with the weight of the papers.

"Good @#$% son, can't you move yet?!" Two recruits were quick to rush and pick up the papers. "The Admirals come to evaluate the situation! No mistakes today!" He looked up quickly to bark "And where the hell's my coffee Barns?!"

Wow...to say the lest, Thunder had good reason to be sweating. Apparently the higher ups didn't like the way things were going, so the earth delegations decided a more 'Aggressive' action needed to be taken. The three warships were transporting more marines and other military personnel, while civilians and non-military personnel were to evacuate back to earth. The rest of us were to exercise on a stricter schedule than the one in place, and no one was the leave the HQ or other buildings without going with 3 others.

However, for the time being I was still 'disabled', so the new military scientist decided to leave the lab rats back at home and use 'live' subjects. Oh lucky me.

After being knocked out for some time, I came back with a rather splitting headache. A man who looked bigger and buffer than the General entered with some paperwork on a clipboard...not exactly the scientist/nerdy look I had expected. "We took the liberty of inserting an electric implant in your head. We've been doing more research while you boys were going around getting your heads dinged up playing suicide. Perhaps the next few tests we plan on doing will....'minimize' those events. Come with me."

We left the infirmary to the open lot outside the building. I looked over to see my three comrades in the same position. They looked healthy, I was glad to see that. While I was looking at my buddy’s what felt like a sharp needle pierced my head where the implant was. The new scientist barked "What you are feeling is new technology being implemented into your head. These chips can expand your mind beyond anything ever experienced. See those trees over there?" He pointed to two trees that were about a mile in front of us. "Begin to run to them!"

Pfft, I was in no condition to jog, much less run. I sort of hobbled for the first few steps, and then something I can't quite explain happened, in a matter of seconds. I was flung forward by some unknown force like I was flying...flying...

BAM!

mmm...dirt.

Face first in the ground, bloody nose but I looked up to see the trees were only a few feet away. What was that, some kind of teleportation technology or something? A loud crack of thunder and three other bodies feel to the ground, Hans being the best to fall only to his knees, which were now scraped up.

After decideding to walk back, we got a nice shower for a change and rested. Tomorrow we go back on duty.

----
    For Discussion:

odd sir odd bunny
    Blog Entries
    Images

Chapter 14 - Hunt of the Argos

Thought I'd never say it, but I was looking forward to getting back on the job. Sitting on my backside for 20 hours at a time was getting really tiring and I needed to do some more action. Yeah I was still stiff but after running a few miles in the dark I was pretty loose. Got a chance to see the others too before hitting the sack, they all looked good considering what happened.

Our new assignment was to help clear a large area of land that was the future site of a computer command center. It seemed the local monster population wasn't too happy about losing their space and were interfering with the construction work. I looked through the windows of the infirmary to see new patients being treated as Hans and Sean joined me to the weapons locker.

"Poor guy, 5th death in 3 days" Hans said. Apparently death is no longer a life-ending thing but a 'learning experience'. Makes sense I guess. You figure it takes about a good 6 months to train a trooper...death would waste it all away. Obviously anyone who could resurrect a whole army would have an unfair advantage...lest I was on the right side for once.

---------

It was a rather nice day, sun directly above us with a small gust of wind blowing through the prairie. I looked through my scope of the plasma rifle.
    "Two args, at 11 and 12” I whispered. From the looks of it they were trying to damage some steel beams that were left on the grass from the last attack. I re-calibrated the scope and lined up for the shot. Wanted to zoom in further but the scope only went 8x. Oh well, shoot its head or ass I didn't care really. As I pulled the trigger I could hear the inside mechanics of the weapon come to life as super hot plasma liquid shot from the barrel and hit a perfect burn spot on the older Argos. Of course neither was pleased that I practically burned a hole in the one, so my position was quickly comprised. That's when Hans, Sean and Jared opened fire and were quite efficient shots, as the args didn't even get 10m from my position. As we approached the dead carcasses, I could see another group of mob bout half mile from where I stood. Normally I would’ve let it go but another figure was running towards them...couldn't make it out yet...

...Ah, it was Edward. One person who probably should have been left home, was always either headed for trouble or pain, his curiosity was too much for his own good. He was supposed to be cleaning armor; instead there he was, running towards the six mob group with only a low level harness and a handgun. Pushing away from MY mission, I reluctantly pointed out to the others of the approaching mauling that was about to take place. I fired a few rounds into the mix, but nothing could've stopped it.

We cleared out the mob once it settled down, and then slapped a transport device on what was left of Edward. Called back to command, "One mangled Edward to Infirmary, pronto." We already got sidetracked, back to work.

Was around 19:00 when we finished the sweep, was glad to be done with that...I had a few cuts from the other Argos and the other didn't escape harm either, but we came back in one piece. While we were out hunting we discovered a new fruit source, which would be good to us, seeing as noodles and beef was getting a bit tiring.

I went back to base to see if they had dug up any more Intel on the bot malfunctions. Nothing came up, but they were quite sure it had to do with the main computer core. Pfft, maybe the system wasn't set to y3k compliant?

----
    For Discussion of this chapter or older ones,
    Discuss here

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mastermesh Mesh
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sorry, accidental bump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12