Is buying or selling your skills worth the investment?

AllesAlexExodus said:
i dont think i would ever buy skills, its a waste of money if you can skill for free. why not just wait for your skills to get uber high, besides i think it would probably cost less. no offense to all skill buyers/sellers ^_^

Damn I want some of those free skills! Seriously, anyone who thinks skills are free hasn't examined the mechanics of this universe. Even the skills you gain while sweating have a cost in time spent, and there are many skills you simply won't acquire without turning over ped.

Who ever thinks that skills are free is crazy and has no value of the time spent on getting those skills.

Additional benefits: better efficiency in hunting/mining/crafting etc, more HP = no armor = PEDS saved.

Here is a good example on skills: not a long ago 10K skills could fill 65 empty chips, but after one VU suddenly 10K could actually fill 105 empty chips although price of that particular skill chip stayed the same, so ppl with those skills became 30% richer if they decide to sell that skill.

I'm not saying chip or don't chip, it's a personal choice. But skills definitely have value, and value determines by market...

Last edited:
well ive spent my first couple of months gathering sweat and dung then sold it all so i had a fair amount of ped to use for skilling, but not buyng skills

now from mining im making just as much as i spend so im at a good pace

Stryker said:
no need to blowup and feel the urge to defend the current skill chip values, as you are quite obviously doing. Let time tell the tale :yup:

I don't know exactly what you mean, but I only say what i see and which conclusion you can make up from that. I sold all my skills a few months ago, and when i see the prices now, that was a very good moment.

Skills are techically free, only you invested time in them and they are usefull so they have a value. If you lose money getting them, it's not because you pay for the skills, but you use MA's service and pay them for it (and maybe pay somebody who is luck and makes some profit). I don't mean to say that skill chips should be free, but as said before there will be a moment when no more people join and people quit. If it is within 3 or 10 or 25 year i can't say. What i do think is that I it will be within 10 years.

About the jungle stalkers price increase, this is (mainly) the same reason as the dante price decrease, the amp nerve.

About new players chipping in, sure, but only 10% is lost in the proces, and they will probably earn that 10% back in doing their things.

About all things loosing value eventually, yeah well for some things that make take real long and may stay kinda expensive (mod fap).

So tangine, shadowsong, voland and others. I'm not saying skills are free or don;t have / shouldn't have a value. As long EU is skills based they will retain a value, maybe LWT is at it's minimum now (with these esi prices) but since it's a very good skill to chip i don;t even know that for sure. I only said skills are free to get. You don't have to pay for them, only do what you were doing anyway. Because, if you are honest what is the main reason to kill a mob? Having fun? Getting peds? I bet not skill up. Because what is the point of playing then. You skill up to better hunt mobs -> more fun (misses are annoying / hunt bigger ons) or better loot because you are more economical.
The same for other professions.

Ok crafting filters i don't see the fun of that, and it's mostly because of the skills, but hey i'm a hunter i don't see what fun in crafting anyway. Go to a slot machine then..

Oh and if you say, yes well i'm in for the fun but i can't do that with noob skills, so i chip. Then i say, so when you are at the point were you wanna be, and start having fun, you still get skills for free (and although 100 rifle at 10k takes ages, if you fill chips, you can almost chip from 0 to 3k)

I have some questions,

what skills is needed to get faster hit point regeneration?

after you insert a full skill chip do you get the ESI chip back or does the chip disappear after you insert it in your brain?

chielsen said:
...if you are honest what is the main reason to kill a mob? ... I bet not skill up. Because what is the point of playing then. ...

Thats where you are wrong. To me , and other number freaks like me, that is exactly why we hunt;Thats what has kept us shooting at crazy rates. I could have more "fun" shooting in another game, but I would feel robbed in potential PE skillgain loss, which never max out, and therefore keep us hooked. :laugh:

IHMJack said:
what skills is needed to get faster hit point regeneration?

HP regen is 5% of your total health, granted every 20 seconds

IHMJack said:
after you insert a full skill chip do you get the ESI chip back or does the chip disappear after you insert it in your brain

The chip itself is gone, its contents remain for you to compound or take back out at your leisure

Stryker said:
Thats where you are wrong. To me , and other number freaks like me, that is exactly why we hunt;Thats what has kept us shooting at crazy rates. I could have more "fun" shooting in another game, but I would feel robbed in potential PE skillgain loss, which never max out, and therefore keep us hooked. :laugh:

So your goal in PE is to reach unlimited skills instead have having fun?

chielsen said:
So your goal in PE is to reach unlimited skills instead have having fun?

Do you think I would still be here if I wasnt having fun? :p

And shall we continue arguing for another month, or will you accept different people have different views on skills and fun?

Stryker said:

And shall we continue arguing for another month, or will you accept different people have different views on skills and fun?

No, you made my point..

chielsen said:
Skills are techically free, only you invested time in them and they are usefull so they have a value.

<snip>

I'm not saying skills are free or don;t have / shouldn't have a value.
<snip>

I only said skills are free to get. You don't have to pay for them, only do what you were doing anyway.
<snip>

Then i say, so when you are at the point were you wanna be, and start having fun, you still get skills for free (and although 100 rifle at 10k takes ages, if you fill chips, you can almost chip from 0 to 3k)

Skills cost money, like it or not. If you go hunting, you are spending money... loot is there, but I can almost guarantee that your loot does not cover your expenditure. (Unless you have the skills to use gear efficiently) The only other return you get while practicing your profession is skills. Skills are NOT "free" to get, unless you are a sweater, and even then, a value is placed on time.

Skills have never been "free" to get. The closest they have ever come was during the beginning when your skills were use based, rather than expenditure based. Now, all skills, except for a couple MF's, are based on peds spent.

Stryker said:

Fun is the key, isn't it :)

Teilk said:
Skills cost money, like it or not. If you go hunting, you are spending money... loot is there, but I can almost guarantee that your loot does not cover your expenditure. (Unless you have the skills to use gear efficiently) The only other return you get while practicing your profession is skills. Skills are NOT "free" to get, unless you are a sweater, and even then, a value is placed on time.

Skills have never been "free" to get. The closest they have ever come was during the beginning when your skills were use based, rather than expenditure based. Now, all skills, except for a couple MF's, are based on peds spent.

OK one last time then. Let's compare EU to a hobby. They almost always cost you money. So let's say you like paitball. You go with some friends shoot some balls and having fun. Now this is certainly not for free. But the day after, what do you say to your collegue's ? I spend 20 bucks for some hours fun with my friends, or i spend 20 bucks to become slighty better in paintballing?
It is how you look at things. And almost everybody (stryker admits it too) you play for fun. So the skills come along with that and are free. Because you pay for the fun, not for the skills.

So you must ask yourself, why do you play EU. For the skills (solely) or for fun. If it is for skills, and losing money, then yes skills do cost money, but as i see it is a sideproduct of other activities. The fapskillers for instance, yes it's clear they spend money pure for skills. But they only do that because it's cheaper as chipping, so a means to make money. That is because skills do have a value, as i said earlier. I only said, getting them is technically free. Or do you think MA would pay us all more if you didn't get any skills?

I think you are right :) Skills are worth a lot itself, because skills helps you profit/reach +-0 :) If you dont have money for an ubereconomical weapon, you can use a normal weapon with high skills pretty much as economical as a medium player with a economic gun :)

Skills are always worth to put in, and always worth to take out ( If they already reached 10,000 ofc) :)

next full handgun chip will give me 35lvls handgun skills.. 400ped ammo on karma killer+a105 gives 1skill gain usualy. so ~490ped*35 = the ammount of ammo+ decay i have to pass throgh my karma to gain the ammount of skills from one chip.

this is ofcourse not 100% accurate considdering you get skills/challange and damage done and so on. But it gives you a good idea about things

chielsen said:
The fapskillers for instance, yes it's clear they spend money pure for skills.

the fapskillers.. the component skillers... the weapon skillers... the attachment skillers... a good number of the opalo skillers.. the MF skillers...

Do you think that they skill filters and dampers and what have you for endless hours.. fingers still twitching away in their sleep ;) because its FUN?

Stryker said:
Skills for the most part, retain or increase in value over time. Say you chip a damage skill, you are then getting the benefits of that chip, still hunting as normal, but only more efficiently, and at the very worst you will be out an ESI when you go to sell.

Look at it this way: Unlocking Wounding. You can decide to stay natural (respectable), and it take you 1 year to unlock it. Or, you can chip up some of your damage, maybe unlock it in 2 months, and then you have 10 months of wounding you would otherwise not be gaining experience in.

One more thing to consider: Skills like Courage, Athletics, and other skills that are next to impossible to skill anymore will generally only go up in time. As the demand increases as new players join, the skills will eventually become scarcer and scarcer as they lose 10% being transferred from player to player.

So the best way IMO is to chip with a % of some of your hunting profits, to make yourself better, and invest in yourself.

Very wise post, was going to +Rep Mr.Stryker again, but couldn't since it was too soon since last one.

The faster you chip up to unlock skills, the more you will have in the long run in that skill:) Sure, you can hunt naturally for some time to get it, but when you get Commando- it will take QUITE SOME time to get it to 10k, and it wouldnt hurt to have a little more in it would it eh? ;P

Offtopic but highest commando right now i heard was 9k+ :)

Back