Yet another dummy

gmccumskey

Alpha
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Michael Nexus Andrews
Do these kind of ppl even bother to check that I'm the General of a society. Guess not cos they still tried to tell me my armor was upgradeable lol.

I love playing the role and taking it as far as possible, in this case all the way to trade and her accepting to trade before I let loose the fury hehe.

I came into Billys with one of my cadets, doing a TP run, and then get approached by this scummy piece of work:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So I follow her to the Armor "Upgrade" Machine and she then gives me the price .... almost got you you dirty rotten bugger:

And it was then, with armor in the window, that she accepts the deal.

BUSTED

Oh how i love nailing em. Within minutes she had disappeared when I confronted her, and seconds after that, MA Support has a new shiny support case :D

Does support actually do anything to these people? I hope so!

Nicole said:

If any1 knows of support taking care off these situation, with prof in screenschoots, plz say so here so we (I) can take serius actions next
time I come across one off these idiots...

Nicole said:

Wiseman said:
If any1 knows of support taking care off these situation, with prof in screenschoots, plz say so here so we (I) can take serius actions next

Yes they do. Already had action taken against three others. Support do need the avatars full name, as can be seen in the title bar of the PM window though. What also helps is the current server time (which I forgot to do) and u can add it into the all chat by pressing C.

Good luck guys. Lets keep busting the scummers.

gmccumskey said:
Yes they do. Already had action taken against three others. Support do need the avatars full name, as can be seen in the title bar of the PM window though. What also helps is the current server time (which I forgot to do) and u can add it into the all chat by pressing C.

Good luck guys. Lets keep busting the scummers.

Nice. So there IS "quests" in EU =))

Nice one

Nice one Nexus, keep them scammers away + rep to you

Wiseman said:
Nice. So there IS "quests" in EU =))

..lol looks like a new profession we have: "scam buster" :D

Wiseman said:

And here is your proof my good man .... I can put screenshots if you really want, but I thought copy and paste might suffice.

Please ask you would prefer screenshots. Just my work PC doesnt have screenshot software, so I'll do it from home :D

-----------------------------

Case 93413 History
24 Oct 2006 Gareth McCumskey:
Hi,

Encountered an armor upgrade scammer. Please let me know when I can submit screenshots for MA's viewing. I do not need to say anymore as the conversation speaks for itself.

Regards

-----------------------------------

27 Oct 2006 Gareth McCumskey:
I am now sendng the screenshots to abuse@mindark.com as I have done previously with the support case number in subject.

-----------------------------------

27 Oct 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,

Thank you for reporting. It is regrettable that some participants are just out to ruin the experience of others. We have received your email and we will now take the appropriate steps in dealing with this avatar.

Regards,
Entropia Support

PS: Somehow I previously was able to get a scammer on my Friends List. After reporting this scammer, I have not seen them back on. THis was in April, and they have not been back since. I think that might indicate that MA do take scamming seriously.

Nice work and +rep :)

wiiii

nice :)) u deserve a rep :D

(btw if any1s on atm, lemme know, im hanging out round phoenix atm)

Plus rep good work... I sure hope they weed these people out. if you think about it it really is theft of real money. that carries a prison term in the US...

TrinketSoul said:
Plus rep good work... I sure hope they weed these people out. if you think about it it really is theft of real money. that carries a prison term in the US...

As it does here in South Africa, the length of your term based on the value of the theft.

But I don't think police here will be too interested in theft of virtual property ... I'm just happy nailing these SOB's before they ruin our wonderful virtual playground.

gmccumskey said:
As it does here in South Africa, the length of your term based on the value of the theft.

But I don't think police here will be too interested in theft of virtual property ... I'm just happy nailing these SOB's before they ruin our wonderful virtual playground.

I agree... That’s why I hope this issue is taken seriously. When scammers are discovered and proven to have been scamming, I hope MA does some extensive data mining to find them and their 6 other crappy AV’s… I trust they do... Nothing worse than having your company go bankrupt because you don’t take action against theft of your customers… Good work

Keep fighting the good fight +rep

Max Proteon said:
..lol looks like a new profession we have: "scam buster" :D

Nice idea .. I'll give it some thought. Maybe there are others who would be willing to join the fight.

gmccumskey said:
Nice idea .. I'll give it some thought. Maybe there are others who would be willing to join the fight.

This sounds like one of the best activities to do in EU, and it's free :) Will definately join in this fight ;)

Last edited:
Back