Weights for pro-standings

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
As most of you know thanks to great work by Jimmy B we have a very solid idea of the weights of different skills for the pro-standing / HA in range professions (needs a bit more worlk of pistol/rifle split).

What we do not yet know are the weights for other professions that take to get the standing.

Some examples:

Pet handles
Whipper
Investigator (scanning)

Would anyone care to venture a guess or has some evidence as to what the highest weight skills are in those areas (we know all the skills since those are the ones we get when skilling).

Not in your request list above, but i did a similar calc for some of the mindforce requirements recently

click me :)

Weightings typically 2/3 the primary skill (eg psychotropy, biotropy, etc), the balance made up of psyche, intel, conc, power cat and a couple of general skills.

So would you imagine that for the others it is a same thing: 2/3 clear primaries (i,e lore, tame and zoo in taming, scan X, analysis and probing for scanning), etc?

I'm not sure

IIRC, calculating pro-standing on sniper/pistoleer, the weight for the primary skill according to Jimmy_B's work was something like 40% (39.75?)

So, taming (as primary skill in taming profession), could carry any weight.
Probably depends on how many other skills are used in the pro-standing calc.

To be a sniper, you count quite a lot (courage, agility, aim, dex, serendip, mms, lwt, coolness, rifle, perc, etc), so it's reasonable for the primary skill (ie rifle in this case to be a bit lower)

To use say a Wormhole chip, you only count psyche, intel, psycho, dex, concentration and power cat, so the weighting towards the primary skill is higher.

Guess you'll have to do some research :)

Dale said:
To use say a Wormhole chip, you only count psyche, intel, psycho, dex, concentration and power cat...

Also courage, seren and intuition. Dont forget those general skills, they are in the General category for good reason! :thumbup:

Well, for ranged guns pro-standing generals seem to have not too much weight according to Jimmy B data, I imagine same for other pro-standings. They clearly help, but not that much vs. the core skills for a profession...

i dunno about intuition, but am sure serendip and courage only help with heal chips, res and NB/FS - not wormhole or TP.

Dex is the only one.

Checked it with some implants :D

Thats quite interesting, I had assumed they all helped every category.

But yes the intuition came for a soc m8 while he was tping

Ah crap - non of my data sets had intuition... guess that means my numbers are off slightly :(

Will still be valid for any avatar without that unlock though, i guess.

Can send you the excel file if you're interested - share the knowledge and all that :)

but yeah - definitely no serendip or courage, or even bravado - i figured before i actually checked it, that all three of those helped, but no. :confused:

Is intuition a MF skill, I thought it was defense related?

Kombinator said:
Well, for ranged guns pro-standing generals seem to have not too much weight according to Jimmy B data, I imagine same for other pro-standings. They clearly help, but not that much vs. the core skills for a profession...
Surely they must matter some... otherwise i don't understand how i can have 2.8 HA with rifle/handgun while only having 1k5/2k5 lvls in the main skills... (and no chipping up other ranged combat skills)

DarkFire said:
Surely they must matter some... otherwise i don't understand how i can have 2.8 HA with rifle/handgun while only having 1k5/2k5 lvls in the main skills... (and no chipping up other ranged combat skills)

agility maybe?

Back