Linear Skills

Nutarix

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Nutarix Red Dagmar
Skill Question !

Assume that I am a 0 Skill, and start skilling. How many linear skills would I have to experience (those skill increases seen in the chat window) inorder to fill 1 esi and then drop back to 0 skills. ?

you mean how many skillgains? I don't know if there is a constant describing that...

but 1 full implant is a bit over 2000 levels up from zero skill, closer to 2100 levels.

J.

1 full chip is/was (last time I checked) 1881 levels to chip up, and about 2070 levels to chip down. However the number of 'chat skill gains' needed to fill one is considerably higher, most likely in the order of 2500.

Take care,
BB

buckaroobanzai said:
1 full chip is/was (last time I checked) 1881 levels. However the number of 'chat skill gains' needed to fill one is considerably higher, most likely in the order of 2500.

Take care,
BB

Yes :) ,We're talking about CHAT skills, so it's think its abit higher than 2.5k, perhaps 2.7k?. This is quite important as I want to compute cost to get 1 skill versus selling 1 skill. Removing the expotential stuff from the chip'pos'phere would make it much easier to compute real cost to skill.

afaik you get different amount of skill per skillgain depending on your e.g. weapon and mob you hunt so either way you can't get an absolute value

Sniqs said:
afaik you get different amount of skill per skillgain depending on your e.g. weapon and mob you hunt so either way you can't get an absolute value

Forget the weapons. For get mobs. Think about computing cost to skill and time to skills. What is best, what is fastest, this is what matters, because both time and money matter. Knowing how many experience skill gains from the chat windows is needed to fill 1 esi, wouild make it easier to compute the cost, and perhaps even better the time to fill an whole esi. This way I could estimate the money,time needed to get skil up that esi, without actually doing it.

I'm not going to see how long time it takes for me to fill up and whole mechanics or engineering :laugh: esi using dampers crafting, instead I'll estimate the time needed. To estimate the time, I need to know the number of experience skill gains (those from chat) window that is needed to fill an esi.

When I can deside if it worth buying one or not.

2500 ?
2700 ?
3000 ?

Last edited:
I don't believe you will get an accurate estimate at all. The reason being is as your Damper print gets improved your skill gains will decrease. Meaning the higher skilled you get the less skills you get per click-It is "Dynamic". In the begining you will get skills with almost every click then it will slow down and could take 5 clicks, or 10 clicks to get a skill. This has been my experience. But Photon and other highly skilled crafters could probably answer better. Good Luck in your experiment.

Not only does the time between skill gains get longer as you go up, but the amount of the gain goes down. Starting from 0, it took 2.x skill gains to get 1 point. At 1500 in the same skill, it now takes 4.x skill gains to get 1 point.

I don't think you'll every be able to get an estimate that is anywhere near accurate Nutarix.

Back