What to skill in Engi/MME after 1.1k engineering?

Canesh Athey

Guardian
Society
Brack & Associates
Canesh Athey
So I have gotten sick of Standard Dampars they just dont give that much skill gains anymore and I really really want to hit 1.9k engineering soon so I can graduate aswell as unlock BPC. So I am figuring that I want to head up to lvl V BPs and im not sure what to skill on. Any suggestions?

"Oops wrong forum, this topic can be moved to Crafting where it belongs. Sorry for the trouble"

Canesh Athey said:
So I have gotten sick of Standard Dampars they just dont give that much skill gains anymore and I really really want to hit 1.9k engineering soon so I can graduate aswell as unlock BPC. So I am figuring that I want to head up to lvl V BPs and im not sure what to skill on. Any suggestions?

"Oops wrong forum, this topic can be moved to Crafting where it belongs. Sorry for the trouble"

may i suggest more Standard Damper crafting?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=450703&postcount=1

Darky.

Darky's right (as always :p), stick to standard dampers. They're the most eco item to craft for a while.

however, if you dont mind losing a lil more ped, may i suggest durable dampers. thats the only bp i have known people to move up to from standard ones...

andyzammy said:
Darky's right (as always :p), stick to standard dampers. They're the most eco item to craft for a while.

however, if you dont mind losing a lil more ped, may i suggest durable dampers. thats the only bp i have known people to move up to from standard ones...

Thanks andy, i agree, if you have the peds to burn then do durable dampers, if not then carry on with standard dampers.

Darky.

Well my new proffession since I now play entropia at work is being a sweater and my strategy of approach right now is to build up my peds again. Then select skilling BP aquire like 1k clicks worth of material. click away check losses sweat the losses back and some small gain ped wise then repeat sequence.

Would standard dampers or durable dampers be done on quantity or condition btw?

wow, u wana sweat your way to bpc??? :eek:
gl mate, i estimated 132k clicks to unlock it, with most of those being on standard dampers....
unless you wana spend 10 years sweating, i'd deposit if i were you.

yeah, always "skill" on quantity.

gl with this :eek:

andyzammy said:
wow, u wana sweat your way to bpc??? :eek:
gl mate, i estimated 132k clicks to unlock it, with most of those being on standard dampers....
unless you wana spend 10 years sweating, i'd deposit if i were you.

yeah, always "skill" on quantity.

gl with this :eek:

Well its not like I am starting with 0 ped, seeing as standard dampers are 1lyst 2 oil I can get that no worries I am just sweating to cover losses. ;)

lol yea fair enough, but the losses are still gona be pretty heavy - i'd say ur gona spend more time out sweating your losses than you are in front of the machine! i lost 700ped in one run.....

look up my achievements... bpc.. u'll find in there somewhere what my initial investment was, and how much i had lost through unlocking bpc.

I gave up on dampers for awhile as well- because the skill gains went to shit. I started doing lvl 4 vents, now I dont keep close tabs on my losses, but it sure seems to return well for me. The skill gains are worth it to me anyway.

However, the initial costs are alot higher. To get enough supplies to last me 5-7K clicks is a noticably larger amount, 500-700 peds im guessing but cant remember (havent skilled since new VU, prices and auction went to shit :mad: )

Konve said:
Not as much residue? :)
lol you only get more residue (therefore more return) if you global.

before collector's uber post, the norm was to "skill" on quantity. this brought nice return and lots of skill. so when you were skilled enough, you would switch to quality and start HoFfing your ass off. quality in my eyes is for people who make (L) items. it is to reduce the amount of residue used. quality has next to no CoS, so failure is a pretty strong likelyhood if you have no skills. this is why people believe that engineering increases tt value of items crafted. this is also why noobs crafting OA's is known as the "OA lottery" or the "slot machine" :wise:

I have a question: why anyone skill on MME?
If I look good just the Basic Coil are used for something. And if you check the Electronic or Metal comp. u find more useful component.

andyzammy said:
lol you only get more residue (therefore more return) if you global.

I disagree. :cool:

sowich one is it? quantity or condition on standard dampar skilling?

Canesh Athey said:
sowich one is it? quantity or condition on standard dampar skilling?

I have always done quantity.

My reason, for stackable items i use quantity, as i want to make MANY of them.

For (L) Items and weapons/armors and anything else i use condition, as the 1 item i want to get out of it i want to have a high TT value.

Darky.

Back