Are second account against EULA ?

7ELEVEN

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
SEVEN 7ELEVEN ELEVEN
Thinking about to open an second account to hold my stuff when im in CND. Would be the cheapest way to have a "storage". Of course the account have to fly up etc....

Are this against EULA ? Not found anything but wanna ask the community to be sure.........

Yes, it is.

But its not against EULA to have another account on the same IP .. saying if your "wife" had one ... :wave:

Every account need an unique email and I believe, account holder - name!

Yes, strictly this is against the EULA. One Avatar per One person.

Have you got a brother or sister or mother that might like to play??

It's been mentioned before on EF.

I think the upshot was, it is against the EULA to have a second avatar.

EULA said:
2. Description
MindArk provides the Entropia Universe as a service, described as a virtual universe. The Entropia Universe is not a "game".

Upon completion of the registration process, you will receive your password ("Password"), your login ("Login") and your Entropia Universe account ("Account") that are uniquely associated with your participation. A Participant may only have one Account. All of your access to the system will be through that Account, except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement. An Account supplies access to MindArk's online virtual universe. In the virtual universe you will be able to interact with other participants and online constructs. Your interactions will be through an "Avatar", or virtual persona/alter-ego, and are regulated by the Rules of Conduct section below.

I think the part I highlighted in bold answers your question.

If your mom wants to start playing, she can download a special client version from realityport.com to have her avatar spawned up on cnd afaik.

I think the 'account' means a CC can only be registered on one ava, I know many ppl who's whole family seems to play, who knows if thats true or not I'm 100% sure MA cant tell.

kygon said:
I think the 'account' means a CC can only be registered on one ava, I know many ppl who's whole family seems to play, who knows if thats true or not I'm 100% sure MA cant tell.

And it is incredible what you can teach a dog ...

thanks for the replies.

Guess it would be not against the EULA if i register it under the name of my wife (She's even considering to play really on time). But it would be rather easy to discover, that this avatars doesnt plays and overtake only items of another avatar.....at least for the moment.
So im still unsure.....

Ok, but if person A stopped to play few months ago...and wanna start again...but he has no idea what is his email password...must he make a new account?

Or situation B:
Person A wanna change sex from Male to female cos he wanna now play a female avatar and thinks, that he must separate from some stupid ppl that knows him...must and CAN he make a new account (he will never play again his old acc) ? Or it is against the EULA?

Level said:
Ok, but if person A stopped to play few months ago...and wanna start again...but he has no idea what is his email password...must he make a new account?

Or situation B:
Person A wanna change sex from Male to female cos he wanna now play a female avatar and thinks, that he must separate from some stupid ppl that knows him...must and CAN he make a new account (he will never play again his old acc) ? Or it is against the EULA?

In both instances you must contact MA and ask them to delete the old avatar first before creating yourself a new one.

I think this is strictly the case, but I have no idea if many people do it. I have never changed my Avatar or created another one, so I have no first hand experience of the procedure. Just going on what has been written in here previously.

Level said:

Or situation B:

I would guess that MA would be ok that you make a double account transfer your items and then ask MA to remove the old avatar but Ig uess MA support will be able to answer that one correctly though

7ELEVEN said:
Thinking about to open an second account to hold my stuff when im in CND. Would be the cheapest way to have a "storage". Of course the account have to fly up etc....

Are this against EULA ? Not found anything but wanna ask the community to be sure.........

I think if MA wanted "storage" on CND they would have put it there.

Many players however have "family members" and their avatars who occasionally "help out".

Who's to say that your "sister/mother/brother/father" doesn't mind standing around CND observing all the activity (or not) that's going on. And trading with you for loot to sell back on Calypso.

:) .... wink/wink

RG

btw many people trade with "family members" and have done so for a long time if that's any help.

if MA finds out you will recive limited support ;)

Vagrant said:
if MA finds out you will recive limited support ;)

...and that's different from the normal support because...?

AG

This is kind of a retorical question. You know you can make 101 avatars.But do you want to risk MA possibly freezing your main avatar. Most will get away with it. Your choice ;)

MA does have storage on CND..its called an apartment...browse the auction, find a good deal.

Otherwise, trick your little sister into playing and tell her all she's gotta do is stand in the control room and in return, your gonna give her all sorts of ores, enmatter, and now as an added bonus, buckets of oil!

Reactions: jak
AlphaGeek said:
...and that's different from the normal support because...?
AG

Any bogus avatar won't be able to withdraw, for instance. (I remember a crafter who got mad because MA woun't let his second avatar withdraw his 50k ped...)

aia said:
Any bogus avatar won't be able to withdraw, for instance. (I remember a crafter who got mad because MA woun't let his second avatar withdraw his 50k ped...)

They prevented all of his avs from withdrawling or just the 1? it seems he could have just traded his 50K to the av that could withdrawl

what if you created several avatars before it became "against the eula", are you still allowed to use all of them now?
i think its kinda like still having the skillsfrom trapping mobs (old school style) and fap skilling ;)

also i never heard of anyone getting locked for having multiple accounts. if you believe otherwise, plz direct me to a link with first hand testimonys etc about the incident :wise:

Marco made a post and clearly stated that multiple accounts are not allowed.

If you already have them (Zylex? :tongue2: ) I think you better empty them and ask Mindark for them to be deleted.

Oh, and playing multiple people on the same account isn't allowed either (so let your wife make her own account and stay off it ;) ).

Konve said:

EU has 500k participants, but it is pretty know fact that many of those are multiple accounts.

Dem said:
I think the part I highlighted in bold answers your question.

That language is new. That part wasn't there several months ago when we hashed over this. The grey area in now black. One account per person...

Konve said:
Oh, and playing multiple people on the same account isn't allowed either (so let your wife make her own account and stay off it ;) ).

So the corporate pilots are verboten...got it...

Just curious here, what are the negative effects of having say 100 avatars? Obviously you wouldnt need a CND apartment but other then that?

Vap0r said:
Just curious here, what are the negative effects of having say 100 avatars? Obviously you wouldnt need a CND apartment but other then that?

I guess nowadays, none.

Vap0r said:

Schizophrenia, memory loss as to who has what, frustration with constant relogging...?

:)

There is one point in the EULA that say if the player is only 13 years and up to 17 its guardian or parents need to allow this. And then the question is shall the player or its guardian register then.

7ELEVEN said:
thanks for the replies.

Guess it would be not against the EULA if i register it under the name of my wife (She's even considering to play really on time). But it would be rather easy to discover, that this avatars doesnt plays and overtake only items of another avatar.....at least for the moment.
So im still unsure.....

Whenever you do something that give you an advantage over others, then it's probably wrong.

Konve said:

If you already have them (Zylex? :tongue2: ) I think you better empty them and ask Mindark for them to be deleted.

heh u know its funny because i think while it was against the eula (im not so sure about ti tho) i created an extra account using the same name and address as my main. though since i moved and only bothered changing the address on my main :laugh:

Last edited:
Back