pe-wiki DEAD? O_o

Ofcourse, talk is free, after all ;)

Dino said:
:clap: Wee!

Now, can we talk about making a redundant server or whatever so this won't happen again?

Its not about the server, its about the domainname which expired. Making a redundant server would not have prevented this. However, I will make a backup of the whole site every now and then, just in case.

Hoo-Ray!! Linux fix worked!

Thanks Pandaros and jdegre! It is working again! AND in the process I learned the basics of nano! Thanks again! :D

So much text here... If you give me the Ip of the server with the wiki on it. I can make make a subdomain off my main one so it would be something like www.pe-wiki.jertechonline.com <-note jertechonline.com is curently offline do to the fact that i screwed my linux install

It's down for me as well - parked page until the domain is renewed.

Nice to hear it will go "online" again with new adress.

And + rep´s to alot of people in this thred.
Nice idea, fine explenations and got it working easy. :)

Last edited:
Reason said:
It's down for me as well - parked page until the domain is renewed.

Dude... Read the thread :dunce:

Witte said:
I just spoke to minder, and if all goes correct, a new domain will be online tomorrow. Because the game is no loger called PE we chose to use a new domain: www.wikitropia.info. When the domain is active, I will make a new topic on this forum about it.

ooops, followed Sericas link....

Witte said:
Its not about the server, its about the domainname which expired. Making a redundant server would not have prevented this. However, I will make a backup of the whole site every now and then, just in case.
Thanks.

But what I meant was some way for the information to be in more than one set of hands since no one ever thinks they will leave PE but many people do. When they do I would hate to see us loose this information.

ah - cant cancel this reply...

most of you assume the ip hosting the data will forever be available, even though the lack of the domain name has been 'solved'....

If someone would get me a backup copy of the sql db, I would be more than happy to re-host it on a new domain nme, with a gaurantee of never going down, or, forgetting to renew the domain registration ;)

In the event no one gets me a copy of the db, I will throw up a 'temp' wiki on the nAn site to start flooding with information, for the time that the wiki disappears completely.

~Red

EDIT: Because I must renew a LOT of domain names annually, for business reason, I CAN make the gaurantee of never forgetting ;)

Where is it up? Do I need to take away the hack at pe-wiki.org?

Lol I took away the hack now and I see its up agein....

WEE!!!!

Last edited:
The temporary loss of Wiki was a wake up call for me. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it!

I could offer to host it too, but it is a lot easier for me to make a donation. I just made 10 euro donation ~$13 US, to the site.

Does anyone know anything about http://www.entropiawiki.com ? The site was registered a few weeks back and a skeleton wiki seems to be there?

The only user who edited that wiki uses RoadRunner internet access, IP 72.134.39.48 and the registration details for GoDaddy are below...

Registrant:
S Rhim
PO Box 93393
Pasadena, California 91109-3393
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ENTROPIAWIKI.COM
Created on: 24-Oct-06
Expires on: 24-Oct-08
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Rhim, S shinson@gmail.com
PO Box 93393
United States
4138457035 Fax -- 4138457035

Technical Contact:
Rhim, S shinson@gmail.com
PO Box 93393
United States
4138457035 Fax -- 4138457035

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.ASMALLORANGE.COM
NS2.ASMALLORANGE.COM

PS: this is all public information, no hacking involved ... :girl:

Am I missing something it appears to be working fine for me.

what happened to the wikitropia name?

what happened to the wikitropia name?

It looks like the registration didnt get through. I will contact minder when he is online and ask what happned, although he isnt on much.

Back