pe-wiki DEAD? O_o

Vedder

Marauder
pe-wiki currently gives this error message:

Notice: This domain name expired on 11/05/06 and is pending renewal or deletion

I sure hope it's not gonna be deleted. :scared:

EDIT: After suggestion from Mr. Blade, I have added the temporary solution for those of us who can't wait for pe-wiki to come back up the normal way.
Just do as EyeContact says here:

EyeContact said:
Well if you really want to see it, add this line:

Code:
195.26.11.113	www.pe-wiki.info

to the hosts file in the directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc (XP users)

Last edited:
I got no error. Where is this information?

huh, where did you read that?

Domain Name:pE-WIKI.INFO
Created On:05-Nov-2005 09:39:37 UTC
Last Updated On:10-Nov-2006 10:06:17 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Nov-2007 09:39:37 UTC

It has been updated today. :)

I see no error? Think it was a glitch (really hope so atleast).

That would be a real shame if the DB was lost alltogether !!!

Can someone do something :scared:

sahel said:
I see no error? Think it was a glitch (really hope so atleast).

I get this if I want to load the site:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:eek:
Pretty n00bish to let domain to expire... especially if it is in use :dunce:

-Zap

Mastermind said:
I get this if I want to load the site:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I get the same... It would be a shame to lose such a valuable resource.

Cheers :beerchug:

Dead for me as well - probably need to wait for the DNS to update.

Works okay for me now. On this subject did I read somewhere that Minder no longer plays? If so is he just maintaining this domain registration on behalf of the users.

This is clearly a dns cock up.

And sometimes DNS updates don't happen all over the world all at once it takes a while for each node to update with a new dns translation list.

I have been trying to contact minder about wiki, but have not yet recieved a reply. Will try again as soon hes online on MSN.

Oh... That's good news. :)

I was pretty worried.
(I still get the error btw)

Vedder said:
Oh... That's good news. :)

I was pretty worried.
(I still get the error btw)

Strange, I get no error... I live In England If that means anything too. :)

Dom_sufc said:
Strange, I get no error... I live In England If that means anything too. :)

can you ping and post the IP plz? So I can at least access it :cool:

(and plz asap, before your DNS server is updated too)

Accessing the direct IP doesn't work I tried it as I was going to make an emergency no-ip.com address for it.

IP: 195.26.11.113

You would need to manage the hosting package's domain setting so it recognises a DNA name and redirects all packets appropriately.

AkiranBlade said:
Accessing the direct IP doesn't work I tried it as I was going to make an emergency no-ip.com address for it.

IP: 195.26.11.113

You would need to manage the hosting package's domain setting so it recognises a DNA name and redirects all packets appropriately.

If the Domain Name System (DNS) is not properly functioning, it becomes much harder to access a virtually-hosted website. Ordinarily, in this case, the user could try and fall back to using the IP address to contact the system, as in http://12.34.56.78/. However, the web browser doesn't know what hostname to send when this happens, so the server will respond with a default website—often not the site the user expects. This workaround is not really useful for an average web user, but may be of some use to a site administrator while fixing DNS records.

A workaround in this case is to add the IP address and hostname to the client system's hosts file. At this point, accessing the server with the domain name should work again. However, users should be careful when doing this, as any changes to the true mapping between hostname and IP address will be overridden by the local setting.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_hosting

Witte said:
can you ping and post the IP plz? So I can at least access it :cool:

(and plz asap, before your DNS server is updated too)

Right, what do I do lol.

It's still up for me ...

Dom_sufc said:
Right, what do I do lol.

It's still up for me ...

Hit Start/run on your computer

Type cmd

in the black box that appears type

ping http://www.pe-wiki.info

and hit enter

This should give you the ip adderess.

Cougar said:
Domain Name:pE-WIKI.INFO
Created On:05-Nov-2005 09:39:37 UTC
Last Updated On:10-Nov-2006 10:06:17 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Nov-2007 09:39:37 UTC
It has been updated today. :)
That will be because the domain name hasnt been renewed yet so the domain registrar has set the domain into a parked status to give the owner chance to renew it before they delete it completely. The IP address of pe-wiki.info has also been changed to point at go-daddy's default 'domain parked' page. This DNS change is currently still propagating the internet hence why some people can still view the website and some cant.

I'm one who cant and dont know the old IP address but the webserver is obviosly still up so should be accessible by IP... you will probably need to know the location on the webserver that the home page is though so still not much use having the IP unless you want to play with your hosts file or something.

THIS is the right ip 195.26.11.113. That aint the problem. The problem is that when you write www.pe-wiki.info it reroute to 195.26.11.113, and while doing so the http request adds a item called host = www.pe-wiki.info.

195.26.11.113 is a general server for multiple webpages. The host item tells the server at 195.26.11.113 that is should be www.pe-wiki.info server.

Reversed dnslookup ... 195.26.11.113 == axentus.net == axentus.se

Last edited:
I thought the old address was www.cmce.se/PE2. But its somthing else, cant remeber it. I guess we have to wait untill minder is on ;)

Wasnt on the Wiki mainpage the Comment for a long time he wants to rename it in eu-wiki ? Waybe this is why the domain not renewed ? But i dont know :)

Fiona Simmons said:
Wasnt on the Wiki mainpage the Comment for a long time he wants to rename it in eu-wiki ? Waybe this is why the domain not renewed ? But i dont know :)

hmm.. eu-wiki.info is squashed too :(

hope the domain gets renewed it is a great site, if noone gets a hold of minder for awhile i might have to turn on domain name reg prog to make sure some evil squatter doesnt snatch it up :king: long live the wiki!

Back