Which skills gives the most health... And how much?

Vedder

Marauder
PLEASE SHARE if you have more precise or additional information

These skills is known to give HP:
(1 per # of skills in front of skill name)
  1. 170 - Commando (166 to 185)
  2. 320 - Courage (304 to 323)
  3. 400 - Coolness (359 to 430)
  4. 500 - Melee Combat (At least 367)
  5. 500 - Athletics (473 to 559)
  6. 800 - Dexterity (650 to 965)
  7. 900 - Combat Sense (750 to 920)
  8. 1000 - Mining
  9. 1000 - Prospecting
  10. 1000 - Surveying
  11. 1200 - Combat Reflexes (1138 to 2278)
  12. 1200 - Serendipity (1045 to 2073)
  13. 1600 - Weapons Handling (1280 to 2561)
  14. 1600 - Perception (1132 to 3396)
  15. 1600 - Rifle (1561 to 1797)
  16. 1600 - Handgun (1212 to 2423)
  17. 1600 - Drilling (1322 to 2650)
  18. Psyche (Attribute)*
  19. Agility (Attribute)*
  20. Int (Attribute)*
*The attributes we will probably never know the numbers for.

EDIT: These skill are confirmed NOT to give HP:
  • Anatomy
  • Alertness
  • Animal Lore
  • Animal Taming
  • Blp weapon tech
  • Bravado
  • Laser weapon tech
  • Wounding
  • IRD
  • Evade
  • First Aid
  • RDA
  • MMS
  • AIM
  • Diag
  • LB
  • SB
  • Zoology
  • Analysis
  • Probing
  • Botany
  • Biology

Last edited:
Coolness is about 1/300skills.

pe-wiki says commando is 1/160hp.
wounding isn't a hp skill but being a combat related skill, it probably still gives 1/3000.

Still, this is all second hand information.

Is it just me or does this thread look really out of wack graphics-wise?

Thx... I'll update the tiny list.

You know about other any skills?
(Rifle/Handgun/Blades/LWT/BLP/Anatomy/MMS/... etc)

Is it just me or does this thread look really out of wack graphics-wise?
Not just you.
I think 711 might be playing around with the arcade awards atm.

I kept track of coolness, and in my experience it added exactly 1 HP each 300 when skilling. So if you remove the effect of other skills, I would say its more like 350-400 each level.

Courage 1/(400-500)
Atheletics 1/ ~1000
Combat sense 1/~1000
weapon handling 1/~1000-1500

so basically all combat and general skills give 1 every 1000-1500 with the few hp-giving skills as exceptions.

All from pe-wiki though, so if someone with more skills posts, consider what I wrote overruled.

Thx...

I'll update the list again, and add all HP giving skills from Wiki.
There is still a lot of skills that Wiki appears not to have info about, so please share if you have knowledge about this.

Maybe this list should actually be on wiki when it's a bit more complete?

Thx...

I'll update the list again, and add all HP giving skills from Wiki.
There is still a lot of skills that Wiki appears not to have info about, so please share if you have knowledge about this.

Maybe this list should actually be on wiki when it's a bit more complete?

The info on wiki is all from an EF post long ago by I think it was hunterZ (I know this because I added all the info on wiki myself)

so basically all combat and general skills give 1 every 1000-1500 with the few hp-giving skills as exceptions.

Primary melee skills don't seem to give:
Longblade skill, Power Fist, Shortblade, Whip, Club.
So it's not even near "all".

Yeah, but Handgun/Rifle does according to Wiki. :eek:

That's... Odd. :confused:

There is a trick to find out. After each skillgain you can try to fap. When you can fap it means the skills give HP. You need to have full health at the moment you do this ofcourse.

There is a trick to find out. After each skillgain you can try to fap. When you can fap it means the skills give HP. You need to have full health at the moment you do this ofcourse.
Yeah, I know... Harder to find out how much HP each skill type gives though. :)

I think 160lvl per hp is somewhat off for commando.
Its between 170 and 190 Id say.

My guess on HG: 1 hp / 1000

(i gained a hp when i gained 1000~ skills when i had about **.5 hp to **+1,5 hp, tested this with the damage i was getting with full hp)

imo courage gives more hp but not sure -_-

and melee combat gave 1 hp every 500-550 levels

In the experience of some friends of mine who have chipped coolness they toldme it works out to be around 250 lvls for an HP. Probably pretty correct considering chipping is the purest way to lvl a skill without lvling others. I know when I chipped courage I gained about 1600 lvls on the first chip and it gave me 4 HP and another one came very very shortly after I started the next hunt.

wtf I have never heard this lol. I will have to check it out.

In the experience of some friends of mine who have chipped coolness they toldme it works out to be around 250 lvls for an HP. Probably pretty correct considering chipping is the purest way to lvl a skill without lvling others. I know when I chipped courage I gained about 1600 lvls on the first chip and it gave me 4 HP and another one came very very shortly after I started the next hunt.

i gain 1 hp after about 250 (give or take) levels of coolness hunting (no chipping) and since there are other skills too that are giving hp
since i just unlocked CS hp "should" go a little faster
-> i doubt 250 is the exact number for coolness

great post tx mate ;)
but what about Alterness ? and Serendpty isnt in a better place in the top ?

Thx, for the help guys/gals... I'll give some +rep when it works again. :)

great post tx mate ;)
but what about Alterness ? and Serendpty isnt in a better place in the top ?
Possibly... But I have no numbers yet, so they must stay in the bottom with the other 'unknown' skills.

Courage - 330-340 levels
Dexterity - 500-550 levels
Combat Sense - 800-900 levels
Athletics - 500-550 levels
Melee Combat - 450-550 levels

Vedder, you've got coolness as 400 when it's 300 ( get new hp about every 250 levels this is due to all the other hp skills you gain while skilling ).

Yeah, but Handgun/Rifle does according to Wiki. :eek:

That's... Odd. :confused:
I have a theory about this and why Bravado also gave me an HP gain once when i transfered skills from my old avatar to Violet. This theory is that you gain HP for having a certain amount of total skills. Something else that has convinced me that this is true is recently i decided that i want to concentrate on Rifle only for my ranged hunting. So i chipped out 1 full HG chip at a time and replaced 1 full Rifle chip (pre 8.5 VU esi's). On one of these ocasions i lost 1 HP when i chipped out HG, and gained 1 HP when chipping in Rifle. it could be coincidence and both HG| & Rifle give HP though, so im not 100% sold on this.

Also something to note is my old avatar now has no skills yet he has 93 HP. So attributes also give HP obviously not helpfull if you want to chip for HP.

Vedder, you've got coolness as 400 when it's 300 ( get new hp about every 250 levels this is due to all the other hp skills you gain while skilling ).
Oops :)

...theory is that you gain HP for having a certain amount of total skills. Something else that has convinced me that this is true is recently i decided that i want to concentrate on Rifle only for my ranged hunting. So i chipped out 1 full HG chip at a time and replaced 1 full Rifle chip (pre 8.5 VU esi's). On one of these ocasions i lost 1 HP when i chipped out HG, and gained 1 HP when chipping in Rifle. it could be coincidence and both HG| & Rifle give HP though, so im not 100% sold on this.

Also something to note is my old avatar now has no skills yet he has 93 HP. So attributes also give HP obviously not helpfull if you want to chip for HP.
I doubt that we get HPs from your total skills, but you're right that both HG and Rifle gives HPs. It just seems weird to me that HG/Rifle does, and LB/SB/Club doesn't, but well... Not all decisions made by MA seems logical to me. :)
And yes, some attributes seems to give HPs as well.

A theory is that some skills give absolute HP, while others might be multipliers. It would not surprise me that for example attribures are multipliers.

A theory is that some skills give absolute HP, while others might be multipliers. It would not surprise me that for example attribures are multipliers.

I believe that perhaps stamina when enabled (if it isn't already) will increase giving your base HP level an increase, so if you were to chip out everything, you have more hp than when you started. We already know that Stamina is pertaining to HP in some way.

So over a number of years your efforts will move your stamina to 10 meaning you have a base HP level of 100hp.

This could be part of the 'hidden' skills that Marco eluded to (someone said.)

There could well be people getting close to notching it up now, but this is just a theory of mine.

Past discussions/arguments with evidence on both sides suggest that, like rounding in tt value, there is a minimum health deficit before you are considered not "full health" and therefore skillgains that give less than this amount of health won't allow you to fap. So while it is a useful tool to know that a skill does give health, the failure of the test doesn't necessarily prove that a skill doesn't give health. Chipping in or out one specific skill in large quantities is the only foolproof test.

Past discussions/arguments with evidence on both sides suggest that, like rounding in tt value, there is a minimum health deficit before you are considered not "full health" and therefore skillgains that give less than this amount of health won't allow you to fap. So while it is a useful tool to know that a skill does give health, the failure of the test doesn't necessarily prove that a skill doesn't give health. Chipping in or out one specific skill in large quantities is the only foolproof test.

Aaah ok that might explain why I could fap after some rifle gains, but could not after others.

That would mean that you should gain HPs faster as your attributes increases. I haven't seen any signs of that, but I guess it's gonna be hard hard to prove either way.

I believe that perhaps stamina when enabled (if it isn't already) will increase giving your base HP level an increase, so if you were to chip out everything, you have more hp than when you started. We already know that Stamina is pertaining to HP in some way.

So over a number of years your efforts will move your stamina to 10 meaning you have a base HP level of 100hp.

This could be part of the 'hidden' skills that Marco eluded to (someone said.)

There could well be people getting close to notching it up now, but this is just a theory of mine.
I think that Stamina works for us, just like it does for mobs: It's 10% of the HPs, but unlike mobs, we can increase our HP even though Stamina is not updated. It just stays at the value we were 'born with', like for mobs.
But again... A theory which is hard to prove, unless someone someday gains a Stamina point.

Even chipping in/out big amounts isn't fool proof if the gains are small enough.
One possible test springs to mind: Be at full health... Wait untill you have gotten several gains in non-HP skills, and try to fap.
While the amount from 1 gain might be too small to allow fapping, the sum of several might be enough.

Personally I doubt this theory too, though... But I'll test it a bit :)

Back