• Soon disappear from forums and never heard of again

Votes: 44 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Derid is the name, sweating is the game.

Greetings all!

As I am a bit bored atm and quite interested in polls I could not help myself from adding one here about what my chances to get anywhere in this game are.

Long time goals:
To not deposit and get a good system going for myself where I can increase my skills in a economic matter. Slow and safe!

Current state: 11K sweat, one fap5.

Current close time goals: 50K Sweat. Keep using fap5 to get up that skill. And get a constant buyer for my sweat to avoid having to spend time yelling for sales in a crowded newbie area.

Forum Goal: Make updated polls weekly with how I am doing. If i stop doing them. I prolly given up. :) I will try to compare earlier polls with newer and so on. And suggestions for more poll answers welcome. No harassments tho! :laugh:

EDIT:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283256#post283256

This post I made in may when I started Entropia, I had to take a brake after that sadly but still you see my base thoughts. As some things changed I have had to adapt my strategy. (sweating cap removed). The cap removal should be all beneficial for me, but I am afraid that the market feels kind of filled atm. Nobody wants to buy sweat.

Last edited:
Question is if you like the game? if you here for profit maybe never happen but if you chat doing something hunt,mining,craft or other thing with fev ppl in same time this is game for you...thx to chat you dont look at loot :laugh:

And btw i think you got 50/50 but you will never be uber player unless you deposit but medium can be done its fun too :)

Nice to see you have some firm goals in place. If you can stick to them and achieve them then I believe you will do well (if only from sheer determination to succeed)

Good luck.:girl:

Based on my intial in game impression of you, i think you will be the sort that will eventually become solid miner, you will still be noob next week regardless, so you should have left that option out :)

GL Derid ;)

Hey Derid :girl:

First off, welcome to the wonderful world of Entropia ;) ...
Since your interesting in one of the most hardest paths to achieve income inside the "game", I figured I'd give you a few links that can be very valuable, if you take the time to read them and look through....

www.peauction.com

www.mytwopecs.com

www.pe-wiki.info

www.entropiadirectory.com

http://euscammers.blogspot.com/

And below, a few guides created by other players, find these to be very useful as well, for Alice's guide, I recommend printing it out ( its 70+ pages, but imo definetly worth reading).. also, Pinky's guide on how to make PED's, good for newcommers as well..

http://alice.apache-root-server.de/downloads/Entropia_Guide.pdf

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35966

Remember, Knowledge is Power :wise:

Your chances here getting anywhere all depend on you and how determined you are, if you persevere and persist on your goals, I am sure it will be rewarding in the longrun- however, this all depends on your gameplay.. Good Luck, let me know what happens and if you need any sweating buddies, I can find 1 or two for you ;) .

Well, being positive as I can, I wanted to say that you will become a famous sweat'er ... but being realistic, as I am .... I'm a woman and like stalking :silly2:

Best of luck and Lootius bless though :girl:

Gluck

Good luck mate, it must be rough to start as a newbie nowdays. I was getting around 4.0 for my sweat when I began, it was creeping down to 3.5 when I sold out my half-ton of sweat. I couldn't begin to imagine sweating for 1/4 that, so I have immense respect for those who persist without depositing, and have the patience to do it. I couldn't, lol. After swearing not to deposit I got the Sweating Sickness and threw 50 bucks in. I didn't regret it, but I did feel like cheating a bit hehe. Anyway, gluck mate and I hope to see you around!

Question is if you like the game? if you here for profit maybe never happen but if you chat doing something hunt,mining,craft or other thing with fev ppl in same time this is game for you...thx to chat you dont look at loot :laugh:

And btw i think you got 50/50 but you will never be uber player unless you deposit but medium can be done its fun too :)

I have to say I enjoy the game now quite a lot. Even took 30 mins to sweat out of my 45 mins lunchbrake between classes today. (Thats kind of sad tho? ;) )

I do try to harass some people with constant questions and trying to get feedback on my grandious plans for my gaming. But within I think I keep stuff pretty real. Im not expecting to be brining in HoFs on a rolling stream within a week. This will take time, but I still get quite happy everytime I see green text when I am out sweating or when I gain some skill with my Fap5.

And to make sure i enjoy the game i am planning on spending some of my gains, if any, on doing other than just going for profit or economical usage. Buying that lowbie axe just to get to whack on some mobs and so on. Important to maintain the fun, or else nobody lasts. Its not working 9-5 even tho Dolly Parton wants that :)

Based on my intial in game impression of you, i think you will be the sort that will eventually become solid miner, you will still be noob next week regardless, so you should have left that option out :)

GL Derid ;)

You don't understand the pain you will go through because you where foolish enough to start talking to me mr bogg :)

I owe you tho bigtime allready for your support and and help. But I don't forgett, I am like an elephant in that way. And no! I do not look like an elephant!

I have to say mining is quite appealing to me. But I also hope to get some nice hunting done, and now I even have a goal to be in on an oil rig takeover someday. A newbie got to have dreams!

I thank you again Bogg, and I do recomend other newbies to harass this guy for information and thoughts. He is a goldmine!

Cheers

Nice to see you have some firm goals in place. If you can stick to them and achieve them then I believe you will do well (if only from sheer determination to succeed)

Good luck.:girl:

I belive in a easy principle in life. You need goals. Even if the goal is just to wander randomly, they do help you a lot.

I am not talking goals like I am going to land on the moon, but modest ones, and even split thoose modest goals up into smaller parts. As its rewarding as anyone know to reach goals. So I make sure to have plenty of goals so I can allways reach some of them and pat myself on the back and make my ego a bit bigger. And yes, my ego is quite big. ;) Sometimes at the end of a day im a couple of inches shorter than at the morning, as my head turns so dang big!

Thanks for support!

/D

well, it depends on
the short term goal is funny
some k sweat don't hurt :D
next week you will still be newbie
as we all are actually
but for now i won't predict anything, since this is my experience with all the disciples i had
when you are still here in lets say 5 weeks
then you may stay
as for profession, a kinda famous sweater you are already just by posting here :silly2:
maybe you become a miner ;)

edit
And below, a few guides created by other players, find these to be very useful as well, for Alice's guide, I recommend printing it out ( its 70+ pages, but imo definetly worth reading).. also, Pinky's guide on how to make PED's, good for newcommers as well..

(i honestly want a blush smilie)
i must give you a sweat bottle for all the adverstising some day ;)

Hey Derid :girl:

First off, welcome to the wonderful world of Entropia ;) ...
Since your interesting in one of the most hardest paths to achieve income inside the "game", I figured I'd give you a few links that can be very valuable, if you take the time to read them and look through....

www.peauction.com

www.mytwopecs.com

www.pe-wiki.info

www.entropiadirectory.com

http://euscammers.blogspot.com/

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35966

Remember, Knowledge is Power :wise:

Your chances here getting anywhere all depend on you and how determined you are, if you persevere and persist on your goals, I am sure it will be rewarding in the longrun- however, this all depends on your gameplay.. Good Luck, let me know what happens and if you need any sweating buddies, I can find 1 or two for you ;) .

Thanks for all the good links and the luck wishings.

I will try to keep my progress or failiure to progress information here so everyone gets to see the nub at work :)

cheers

/derid

Well, being positive as I can, I wanted to say that you will become a famous sweat'er ... but being realistic, as I am .... I'm a woman and like stalking :silly2:

Best of luck and Lootius bless though :girl:

hehe :D

The famous sweater part i think i will be able to live up to. if not infamous.

Thanks for luck wishings!

Its better to have sweated and lost than never sweated at all! :wise:

Good luck mate, it must be rough to start as a newbie nowdays. I was getting around 4.0 for my sweat when I began, it was creeping down to 3.5 when I sold out my half-ton of sweat. I couldn't begin to imagine sweating for 1/4 that, so I have immense respect for those who persist without depositing, and have the patience to do it. I couldn't, lol. After swearing not to deposit I got the Sweating Sickness and threw 50 bucks in. I didn't regret it, but I did feel like cheating a bit hehe. Anyway, gluck mate and I hope to see you around!

4.0 for sweat? oh my! :banghead:

Still enjoying the sweating. as you gain skills for "free" if you say so. gonna try my best to survive this sweating sickness. but i will allways sweat i think, to add to my funds. eco gaming!

Thanks mate!

/derid

13K sweat now and a new fap5 in the inventory.

Have had a long PE day today of sweating. Quite pleased tho.

as I passed 100 skill in First Aid. (Part of my small goals)
I gained about 2100 sweat.
and got plenty of green skill increase during the sweating.

Now I am going to go make myself a big nice meal. Have bought some real nice meat, and make some gravey sauce and potatoes to that. And enjoy a good movie or something. Important to reward yourself after a good sweating session :wise:

Be well everyone.

One of the very interesting facets of this Universe is the ability of every avatar to have different goals, and to change them whenever the whim strikes them. Have read in this forum someone saying that EU is the best IRC client out there, and I know folks that really don't often "do" anything, just hang out here. If you go slow in just exploring this place, it can take a very long time just to see it all. I've done my share of sweating, originally got capped about 150 in sweat skills, I was going to save my skills I thought, did not know that combination of other skill gains would nerf the last 75 sweat skills I thou8ght had left to gain. And sweat had been selling at 8 pec a bottle a year before I joined. Phoenix was the place for sweating, and trading noobs some goblin or pixie or partial tt fap5 for some sweat. It was very social, interesting, and sometimes obnoxious when players were on occasion acting that way. Really the only thing that made sweating bearable for me was the constant circus goin on. Can't imagine (wait, yes I can...teeth gritted hard) sweating all day for 21 ped....I can...but not going to do it. For me the most enjoyment can be had by depositing that 21 ped, joining with my friends or maybe someone I just see on a walkabout, and exploring, hunting, mining. But that's me, the time is more valuable for me than the return on the time spent sweating measured by both peds and enjoyment. Some people get "trapped" in the mindset that MA "not gonna get any peds from me". and it seems they burn themselves out sweating or trying to trade a few hides or wools..etc....when if they had tried a little hunting, mining, and social activities they would have had WAY more fun...WAY more FUN...depositing a couple bucks. Those first swirls are way cool...:) The marketing by MA promotes some attitudes by entering people that are contrary to the health of their business and the longevity of the playerbase imho....long story short, if you really enjoy the sweating thing, I mean really enjoy it, then you'll do it for a long time. If you don't, then you won't. simple as that, but for how long....hmmmm.

Good points Mel and your points are taken to heart by me atleast.

That is why I have plans also for, how you say, enjoyment playing. :laugh:

I like the sweating atm. I think of it like this. My char needs skills when he goes out hunting or whatever i will do later on. Instead of starting out fresh with empty skills and just depositing and buying my gun I head out to sweat to gain skill. I know it wont make a super difference when i go out hunting or mining when i saved up peds, but it sure beats starting with 0 skills and go hunting. Now as I sweat i gain defensive skills and some other good stuff like anatomy with the fap5. And of course stronger healing from the fap5.

So far I am enjoying this buildup phase a lot, and I hope that I will have sweating as part of my gaming allways. But that might change as you say, goals change.

Thanks for wise words tho and a diffrent view. Allways important to keep your eyes open and try to think outside the box.

/Salutes

/derid

upto 14K sweat now but my current fap5 is running low so going to have to try to trade for a new one again. Hope to be able to trade sweat for one again so I don't get stuck in town trying to sell instead of sweating :(

otherwise I got some good tips from Jeffrey Captaion Spa. as usual today. Him and Bogger are real good people and I hope to be able to repay them one day.

Not much more to report atm. Still looking for buyers for my 10K lots of sweat. would be so nice to find a steady buyer to avoid all the hassle of spamming sells in PA. :laugh:

10K sweat for 1.2 if anyone is interested. Working on the second batch hard and hope to have it done within a week.

Coffe brake now.

Laters all

/Derid

ps. Most ppl in the poll expect me to be gone soon or that i will be a noob next week. I will be a noob next week, but i wont be gone! ha!

:computer: <-- that is so me while gaming

well, that was my PE for the day. at about 14K sweat now but traded for another Fap5 also from Bogger so I don't have to worry about selling my sweat at a lower price just to get a fap5 when the one i am using runs out.

Skills are going up and im happy.

My goals for this week now is to:

* Try to sell one 10K sweat batch.
* Reach 150 First aid (105 atm)
* 300 Sweating (220 atm)
* Do some more research for mining and how that can be done cheapest for a newbie

Super goals for the week:

* Reach 200 First Aid
* 20K Sweat

See you guys later. gonna take a nap and chill some now.

tada

:sweat: + :inbed: = :censored:

/derid

yhea. i could not stay away. have to log in again to do just a lil bit more sweating. :)

Can you get a HoF from sweating? :laugh:

no :p
but if you wanna be economic you may wanna ditch the fap5 and use your hard-earned peds on an opalo and ammo, and slaughter some snables.
(you will get skills used for fapping when hunting too, like anatomy and dex, + you'll have some return on investment this way)
and don't tt stuff.
and have mountains of patience ;)

I don't know what will happen to you, but good luck anyways... The path of a non-depositor is hard, and I can tell :wise:

Greetz

no :p
but if you wanna be economic you may wanna ditch the fap5 and use your hard-earned peds on an opalo and ammo, and slaughter some snables.
(you will get skills used for fapping when hunting too, like anatomy and dex, + you'll have some return on investment this way)
and don't tt stuff.
and have mountains of patience ;)

The opalo is the next step, I just want to farm up a nice amount of sweat first so I have a lil budget when i start out with the opala. I will also continue sweating as i hunt but still have a goal to get going with a nice bunch sweat first. And while sweating im building up a bunch of skills that should help with the hunting.

Good enough, but if you wanna survive here you might as well learn that being economic is everything :)
fap skills are nice and all, but fapping cost money, give no return, and the alternative (dying) is free ;) (at least when not in the middle of killing a mob)

Otherwise, it's a good plan to get some starting capital like you're doing! also, make sure to keep an eye on your ballance once you start hunting (ie "when peds on card go below xx.xx i start sweating again)
Hope you can use all this :D

Good enough, but if you wanna survive here you might as well learn that being economic is everything :)
fap skills are nice and all, but fapping cost money, give no return, and the alternative (dying) is free ;) (at least when not in the middle of killing a mob)

Otherwise, it's a good plan to get some starting capital like you're doing! also, make sure to keep an eye on your ballance once you start hunting (ie "when peds on card go below xx.xx i start sweating again)
Hope you can use all this :D

Thanks for tips mate. they are allways welcome! :tiphat:

Tho, on economy on the fap5. I use it to limit my downtime when I am sweating. That leads to faster sweating and thereby gives me more sweat.

If you gather sweat near a revival terminal you can limit this downtime to a minimum - if not, armor serves this purpose better (for me at least, but as i have high evade, the decay on armor may look different for you)

If you gather sweat near a revival terminal you can limit this downtime to a minimum - if not, armor serves this purpose better (for me at least, but as i have high evade, the decay on armor may look different for you)

Even if the revival terminal would be place right in the mobs at where I sweat I have downtime. As sweating at 1hp is nothing I would recomend to anyone. When you revive you have about no health at all. And to have longer survivability and greater chance to get sweat you need to be at full health.

You won't be gaining much sweat if you run around sweating with 10 hp. You will also limit your chances to gain skill as you will die so fast. And the time lost during running from the revival time is also a factor.

Sorry for brake in message.

So to limit that wait time to get up my health so I can sweat again I use my fap5 to regain the health faster. And while doing it I gain good skills with the fap5 that will help me out when I start with the hunting. Instead of having 0 first aid I will have gotten quite a head start.

Sure, I could sweat without a fap 5. But that would make the sweating a longer progress, less skill gained and with a lot of downtime.

The opalo is the next step, I just want to farm up a nice amount of sweat first so I have a lil budget when i start out with the opala.

I think I have an idea of what you are trying to do. if I'm right, I'd advise against the opalo. while it's a common path for many people, it is not the only way.

in your case, blowing all your hard earned money hunting is going to disappoint you.

Back