Beware - Auction bug "101 bids"

Alive

GoodEvil
Maximus Alive GoodEvil
FIXED _ Beware - Auction bug "101 bids"

There is a bug with auction - when amount of bids reaches number 101, that particular auction becomes inaccessible.

I think no explanations needed how to use this bug in order to buy stuff cheap.

Support case already submitted, hoping to see fix soon.

FIXED

Last edited:
oh wow, if a mod fap goes on there for tt start, you can make 101 bids quickly and get it for tt+100? lol

Yes, after 101 bids noone can acces that particular auction

Most recent example, and the only 1 I know about http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?id=1374

too bad we can't search peauction after number of bids heh, but I think someone can ;)

Support case sent also.

Yes, after 101 bids noone can acces that particular auction

Most recent example, and the only 1 I know about http://www.peauction.com/itemlisting.php?id=1374

too bad we can't search peauction after number of bids heh, but I think someone can ;)

Support case sent also.

omg, that guy lost 2000peds due to the bug. I hope MA pays it back, this sort of thing is unforgivable.

kind of makes sense though, if there wasnt a limit then most high end items would start at 1 ped....with the new % based fees, MA has a reason to have it that way, otherwise they lose more with the changed fee system.

nonetheless sucks

kind of makes sense though, if there wasnt a limit then most high end items would start at 1 ped....with the new % based fees, MA has a reason to have it that way, otherwise they lose more with the changed fee system.

I am not sure if I understand that.

MA's fee is based on a percentage of the final bid. They take a portion from the seller when the item is loaded onto auction (based on the opening bid price) and then take an additional fee at the end if it has sold for higher. As the fee they would get for selling a 3.2k PED item is more than for selling a 1.6k PED item, they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

If MA is really nice they will help, otherwise they will just show ya the eula, where it says something about not being responsibly for loses due to bugs. I believe its something like that. Lets hope they are in the xmas mood :)

Ouch. There is a 11ped Man. Elec. Equip. chip at 112 peds right now with 101 bids and not accessible. SUCKS for the seller.

I am afraid we will see more of those now that its public, until MA does something about it :(

Have a nice day :)

Is it possible to remove an item you have placed on auc if there is bids on it ?

..so basically u'd just have to stay as an uneaven number bidding :D
First one to be #101 has won :silly2:

bad joke - ofcourse it sux for the ppl selling as well as the ppl trying to bid.

+rep for adding this info to the community :wise:

and MA:
Fixit asap - pls!

..so basically u'd just have to stay as an uneaven number bidding :D
First one to be #101 has won :silly2:

bad joke - ofcourse it sux for the ppl selling as well as the ppl trying to bid.

+rep for adding this info to the community :wise:

and MA:
Fixit asap - pls!

you can overbid yourself

Is it possible to remove an item you have placed on auc if there is bids on it ?

No.
Used to be possible to remove as long noone placed bid. Dunno with the new VU though, but I didnt hear about any changes on this point.

you can overbid yourself

and as soon as you get to 101 bids, none can see who has made the bids :rolleyes:
Wonder if MA is going to lock someone for exploiting this one

and as soon as you get to 101 bids, none can see who has made the bids :rolleyes:

indeed, I'm not bidding on anything til this gets sorted out

indeed, I'm not bidding on anything til this gets sorted out

Dont see any problem bidding, as long as ther is not 100 bids from before ;)

But if MA check the logs and see that its just one or a few avas biding up 1 ped a bid over a short period of time until it hits 101 bids, that probably will ring a bell .-)

SUre they will lock anyone who places 101 bids in a row to get an item cheap. Its a bug, and MA got a wonderfull history of locking ppl instantly without warning for exploiting bugs. Even small bugs...

I wouldnt dare test.

The word is out - dont try this alone and straight after eating :wise:

SUre they will lock anyone who places 101 bids in a row to get an item cheap. Its a bug, and MA got a wonderfull history of locking ppl instantly without warning for exploiting bugs. Even small bugs...

I wouldnt dare test.

The word is out - dont try this alone and straight after eating :wise:

( Edit, checking the auc now, I think someone is already " testing " this :( )

well, if exploiting the bug hurts MA in any way, then there will be a lock for sure, but this , unfortunately is nt paid by MA but by the seller
But still hope that anyone exploiting this gets locked, and the item returned to the seller.

well, if exploiting the bug hurts MA in any way, then there will be a lock for sure, but this , unfortunately is nt paid by MA but by the seller
But still hope that anyone exploiting this gets locked, and the item returned to the seller.

They're hurting honest players = lock for sure :p

It is hurting MA too because when a skill chip that should go for 3000p gets sold for 121p they lose a lot on their cut from auction fees. Sadly that fact is probably what will lead to a quick fix.. not the players losing out.

He last specifically said they don't get money from auction fees over a year ago. I would like to see a statement that this is still true after the recent fee change, but lets not take this thread off topic any more.

Well, this certainly sucks.

But one observation... If some of you (cough) would upbid more than 1 ped at a time... ;)

He last specifically said they don't get money from auction fees over a year ago. I would like to see a statement that this is still true after the recent fee change, but lets not take this thread off topic any more.

He last specifically said it nov 3, 2006. That's exactly 1 month ago, if that's recent enough for you.

We take revenue from decay, we never stated that all decay is revenue though.
I assume you mean the above quote. This does not specifically say MA does not get revenue from auction fees. All this says is that MA gets some unnamed percentage of their revenue from some unnamed percentage of decay.

None the less, I concede he has said it specifically in the past, but it was long ago. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but all the explanations for why they changed the auction fees sound like garbage to me.

I like the fees, even though as a miner I pay 4 times more than before. It's good to see items fall in price for once due to resellers not being able to repeatedly list them at a high BO only price.

-apologizes to thread starter for being off topic

Bump up this one!
Important info :wise:

I doubt it , Unless they did all 101 Bids by themselves , but if it was 1 on 1 war or more people... , I don't think so , as for a few re-bids ...I've never seen a rule in the EULA that said you may not rebid/outbid yourself in the auc :laugh:

bug1.JPG

and now inaccessible

Back