Beware - Auction bug "101 bids"

All those involved in this activity were temporarily locked out from Entropia. The purchased items are to be returned to original seller, and the buyer will not get PEDs back. This is across the board. The accounts involved are also officially warned and are red flagged for future reference.

MindArk normally don't discuss this kind of acting in public, but I thought some insight into how we do things like this is okay.
This is exactly the kind of thing MA should be disclosing. I don't understand why letting us know what are measures being taken to protect us should be secret. This simple statement has caused my trust in MA to increase. Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that what MA should be looking to do?

I have been critical of you and MA (to say the least), but this is a huge step in the right direction. Don't stop short, by relying on a policy of keeping secrets. I understand not discussing dynamics of the game, but security should be up front, and waved like a flag.

And yes, I gave you a +rep!

All those involved in this activity were temporarily locked out from Entropia. The purchased items are to be returned to original seller, and the buyer will not get PEDs back. This is across the board. The accounts involved are also officially warned and are red flagged for future reference.

MindArk normally don't discuss this kind of acting in public, but I thought some insight into how we do things like this is okay.

Well I think it was a great job with a fair punishment .. +Rep for letting us all know info on it.

Would be great to have a little info like this on the bot people too when MA is ready .

And I love the idea that the sellers get there items back and the 101 bugged buyers get no peds back.

The sellers should be very very happy on this one!

rats, i have to spread rep around b4 plus repping Marco again :)

MA must be doing good things. :)

thanks for letting us know about this. Even if you do not give details for past/future transgresions, it is good that the community knows that people are caught and punished as it will act as a deterant. Some players were beinging to think that no matter what you did, there would be no consequences.

(sorry for bad speling)

:woohoo:
:woohoo:

Yieepeee yaay yeeey! :yay:

And yes, more of these types of insights please, its very conforting to see that you take action against such crimes

And yes, +rep for you :ahh:

This not only shows clarity from MA, it shows they are well aware of the abusers and how to punish them.

By doing this and going public with the decision, future abusers will think twice before using a bug.

+Rep.

Its never too late to show some professionalism like you did right now MA.

Thanks for sharing Marco! :wtg:

Very good news to hear. :yay: :wtg:

Thank you Marco for update!
Fair solution if you ask me.

-Zap

Someone help us with what red flagged means in sweden?
Red flagged meaning if they exploit again they will receive a longer ban or extra punishment? If your not red flagged then your allowed one free shot, then a warning and a red flag? Or it depends on the crime perhaps?
Just curious :)

Red flag means if the exploiter is caught abusing again he is out for good.

My question is, where will this money go?.

Re-reading Marco's message, I would interpret it as saying the seller keeps the PEDs and also gets their item returned. A nice reward for them after the shock of seeing their expensive items being sold for peanuts. :D

To those trying to drag my name into this..
I resent you implying that I would risk my account over something so petty. In both past and present I have indeed bid multiple times on items I'm interested in to scare off biders. I'm sure you have all seen me do it before among other in the last official land auction, and Im sure many of you have done the same but I have never done so to abuse any bug and I'm repulsed by how easily you get convinced by this kind of garbage throwing.. I bet a photoshoped SS will be next?

hmmm......

(incase anyone hands out neg rep, dont do it on this post, unless you are intending to neg rep me (spod), this is not akoz post, i am just quoting it, and letting you make up your own mind,ty )

just what i think abudt it

hop all can read what i am writting

101 Bug is yous of meny Old players and ther now what ther dit whne ther youst it toke a chanc to get bannet for ever lik ther stands in the ruls of ma/pe

so not one in game ther haw youst it diten now it wos a bug and he wos steeling from other that is 100% sur all now what ther dit and how ther dit it

and it wos direkt steeling from other avas in game how meny haw lost somthing to the 101 bug it can be meny kmeny 100.0000 just think abudt it for a whil we cant haw player lik that in game ther is ther for to steel you peds its a lot wors in scamming that for sur

this haw hit a lot in game and that a lot ther haw lost a heck lot of peds we cant just stand and look on it

Ma ned to bann all ther dit that for ever and se if the can giv pepols ther stof back

and all ther haw bannt for it ther is ma 100% sur ho it is and how ther dit it Log files dont lie ever ther cant even say ohoh sombody other haw logt to my acount youst my ava that dont go ther log ip to so not one can say enything to it

So Ma most bann all ther haw don it for ever or the trust to ma is gorn
¨
mvh
Cobra
hop you understand my typing

just one thing more if you se when ther got the hunting script all is bannt stil from that and that wos not steeling from other avas it wos just a script to hunt whit a long time and ther diten ned to be whit the coputer so and stil payt for amo and so

this ower is direkt steeling from other avas and provisjon to ma in the sels

Re-reading Marco's message, I would interpret it as saying the seller keeps the PEDs and also gets their item returned. A nice reward for them after the shock of seeing their expensive items being sold for peanuts. :D

What happened if the item has been sold to an unsuspecting buyer. Do they get their money back from the bug user ?

:)

LoL, I hope MA will also refund me for the stuff I bought to block the bug users. Got a bunch of worthless crap that I overpaid for in order to stop their bidding :) .

LoL, I hope MA will also refund me for the stuff I bought to block the bug users. Got a bunch of worthless crap that I overpaid for in order to stop their bidding :) .

You have a heart of gold :)

If it was overpriced, useless crap though wouldn't it have been better to let the exploiters bid for it? Or did you buy it out/place a bid much higher than 101 peds?

This kind of input is something that the community NEEDS Marco, and it is good to see you have done so. If it was just one player exploiting some obscure bug that doesn't really impact the Universe, we wouldn't need details on what happened to that player, but something as serious and as far reaching as this really deserves to be given attention to regarding the community.

I sincerely hope that MA has noted the poll regarding the players who exploited this bug and take action accordingly ... especially where it comes to disregarding the players status in the Universe. Losing a player like Akoz might be a blow, but it would set a bad precedent to permanently ban all others apart from the select few who are "ubers".

If you make your bed, you lie in it ... whatever the consequences...

well i got my item returned, and yes it means the original sale money, is to compensate for the temporalrily loss

i found my item in the inventory today

like too say thnx too MA for handling this very correctly and thank u for returning my harness

cheers guys

good things cometoo those who are honest, even in a virtual world!

What happens if the items have been sold on ?

What happens if the items have been sold on ?

MA said the item would be returned .... so I guess if the item was sold on, that 2nd buyer would be out of an item ...

To those trying to drag my name into this..
I resent you implying that I would risk my account over something so petty. In both past and present I have indeed bid multiple times on items I'm interested in to scare off biders.

Yeah...I would think you "scare off" bidders by bidding LOTS of peds, not 1 PED dozens of times...:rolleyes:

When was the last time anyone was scared by a 1 PED outbid?

Update: Got my stuff back today, +rep to MA support!

Damn - MA must be getting something right lately - I can't give rep to Marco - need to spread it around a bit.

:laugh:

Oh well +ve rep for sharing information.

:proof: Hi and sorry If this was mentioned in this long thread, I didnt read it all...

Will the people who were using this exploit as well as other exploits during the year 2006 be getting the christmas presents also?:scratch2:

Regards,
Robo

Good move from MA but where should this end?
Everybody can fail and punishment is needed, but why aren’t actions regarding punishment official and only revealed in this case? Why don't we have a court with independent judges and attorneys?

From the EULA I know only what I can’t do and that MA will act but what protection do I have?

:proof: Hi and sorry If this was mentioned in this long thread, I didnt read it all...

Will the people who were using this exploit as well as other exploits during the year 2006 be getting the christmas presents also?:scratch2:

Regards,
Robo

Indeed they will, a nice red christmas flag on their account!
Regardless of how you feel, at least they fixed the bug and dealt some form of punishment.

Can't believe this thread is still going!

From the EULA I know only what I can’t do and that MA will act but what protection do I have?

I might be missing something here, but protection for what?
We don't actually own anything, except maybe the PEDs on card?

Reactions: Ace
Back