"London Calling" Meet-Up Saturday 24th Feb.

If the hotel cost, means that people like leafen, skam cant make it, then maybe you guys can crash at my place.

Ummmm, I am looking at booking hotels and see that the 25th Feb is a Sunday, not a Saturday, as stated in the first post.

Is this being planned for the Saturday or the Sunday??

If the hotel cost, means that people like leafen, skam cant make it, then maybe you guys can crash at my place.

PJ-party! :yay:

I have just been having a look at hotel prices Skam and boring chains like Travel Lodge have deals for £26 a night for a twin room for some of their places. So, the deals are there, we just need to confirm the date.

No real need to be in a absolute centre of London (very expensive), as long as you are near a Tube station you should be good. A days travel thingy ticket on the tube is around £7 if I remember right.

RockChick and I would love to do something along the line of an activity thing during the day. LaserQuesty stuff sounds a hoot. Imagine yelling out "Enemy Spotted" and "Medic!!!" and then when you die you have to go all floppy and roll down the steps....

And then a great pub afterwards for some grub and beers :beerchug:

The date is confirmed, cause i already booked a flight and hotel ;)

The date is confirmed, cause i already booked a flight and hotel ;)

Thats great :)

But are we meeting on the 25th or the 24th??

The first post says Saturday 25th, but the 25th is a Sunday.

The 24th is a Saturday.

So are we aiming to meet up on the Saturday or the Sunday??

Not great shakes whichever one it is, but it would be good to know when making hotel bookings :D

well ima book from the fri till the monday just to be on safe side :D and ofc long weekends rule :yay: :wtg:

RockChick and I would love to do something along the line of an activity thing during the day. LaserQuesty stuff sounds a hoot. Imagine yelling out "Enemy Spotted" and "Medic!!!" and then when you die you have to go all floppy and roll down the steps....

That sounds great :D Laser or paintball, something like it ;) Dunno about rolling down the steps tho, doubt Ill find any revivalterminals nearby.

thats sounds painfull :O

im with numptey friday drive down get drunk saturday meet up with ppl have fun etc etc do anything till monday drive home and go to work tuesday :p

numptey you booked the hotel yet? :p

Rip

thats sounds painfull :O

im with numptey friday drive down get drunk saturday meet up with ppl have fun etc etc do anything till monday drive home and go to work tuesday :p

numptey you booked the hotel yet? :p

Rip

no but hey we are ex sevice aye we got bashers :D

Thats great :)

But are we meeting on the 25th or the 24th??

The first post says Saturday 25th, but the 25th is a Sunday.

The 24th is a Saturday.

So are we aiming to meet up on the Saturday or the Sunday??

Not great shakes whichever one it is, but it would be good to know when making hotel bookings :D

The Saturday ofc :yay:

OK, I will organise something definite over the next couple of days..
the laserquest thing seems great.. so I think we should start in a bar next to it early afternoon.

If folks want my mobile phone number.. as a contact and to coordinate meet-ups whilst you are over here.. just gimme a pm and I will send it too you.

***** Sorry about the confusion, the meetup is on SAT 24th... IT IS GOING AHEAD. We have hotels booked. *****

- VV.

Well Im going!

Ive decided. Going to book flight tickets in the end of the week (IE when I get money) and Ill guess where Ill stay is going to be settled later (IE according to my funds... :silly2: )

lots of drunk rabbids :rofl: I think someone better warn London about this date.

Anyway, how many is coming really? :)
3 from Rabbids!

2 from kings and queens ;) maybe more but have to pressure em :D

Rip

From what Ive read until now, if everyone is coming, its 21 people signed up, a few of them beeing maybe`s but still :yay:

Btw, I changed the title to say " Saturday 24th Feb" instead.

Perhaps Marco or Frank can join too?

PK'ing them in a lasergame sounds like fun :wtg: :yay:

Im gona be their, ill start walking now, cya then :)

Maby some of ma bruvs from the gloryhounds will come along, i havnt asked yet

Aye, ill put in an apperance. May even get a haircut...

There's loads of places to sleep in London, i decided on a shop doorway last time i was down there.

I'll sleep in Spikes and RC's Hotel bath this time though :D

Hotel has been booked.

RockChick and I will be there :wtg:

And for those of you after hotels do a trawl of the hotel booking sites. We found a place one TP hop from Buckingham Palace on www.lastminute.com for £50 per night for the 2 of us.

Well I'm having a problem finding a laser gaming venue. All the web-sites I have found seem piss-poor, which makes me think the gaming might be the same.

Maybe someone has been laser-gaming in central london? And can tell us a good one.

- VV

Well I'm having a problem finding a laser gaming venue. All the web-sites I have found seem piss-poor, which makes me think the gaming might be the same.

Maybe someone has been laser-gaming in central london? And can tell us a good one.

- VV
Did you check the websites i posted?

They seemed to be quiet ok I think

Did you check the websites i posted?

They seemed to be quiet ok I think

http://www.laserarena.co.uk/QRLONDON.htm

yeah think your right, i double checked, it is close to a tube and has a pub right next door.
http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub2680.html

I will give the laser quest a call to make sure they actually still exist and make a provisional booking. Because it looks like that is a V- OLD site.

As for a start time, does High- Noon(12pm) seem reasonable? We meet there midday then head for the laser quest to start at 1pm? That will give folks a chance to have a warm-up beer.

Then we can head to see some tourist sites.. tower of london, london eye etc... go for a meal and then bricklane.. for more drinking.. then a club.

OK we are getting somewhere :).

- VV

Last edited:
I, am SO sad....

Mrs Stinky is working... so i have the little munchkins, and Whiffy needs looking after also..........

... so much as i want, Stinky cannot make it :(

i am so sad, as almost all of TDO are gonna be there :( ....and i KNOW Rock & Spike PARTY:shots: :drink:

Stinky is around as a coffee stop for those travelling South through the Midlands, WIFI access available at no extra charge:D

Upset, nuff said

Stinky and Whiffy:yay:

Sounds good - I'll see if I can make it :D

Back