# of Uber items for sale : Bad omen?

wow, ohhh how ye have little faith ;)

well, i guess we will just see in time :D I think ill stick around:silly2:

I'd say they print more money they can back with anything.

Might be, but is impossible that withdrawed money to be at least close to deposited money overall. And that would be important for you, who hunted alot of time.

But for random unknown Joe 6 month back who now buys your uber items, will absolutely guaranteed be about deposited money.

Hence, no problem for the economy.

What ppl keep forgetting is the market price. Be it skills or whatever, market price is the main reason for depositing. IF all ppl (or alot) would cashout, market price would drop since must exist somebody to buy those items in order that leaving dudes to get cash which to be withdrawed.

all peds come from deposits ultimatly.
even if uber item is bought by noob miner with 100k hof on first bomb

those ped have come from depositors, and arrvived at teh noob via the loot pool. Or maybe someone has sweated and traded their way to 100k peds. Again they have been selling stuff to people who deposit ultimatly.

Peds out of Game is a cash flow issue for MA
Although it it booked as a refund in the accounts. depostite - refund = gross profit (roughly, its been a while since i checked the accounts)

MA shrinks the eco via decay, and maybe other methods.

so if uber sells mob fap for $25k then with draws , its like someone just depo $25k to buy it, even if in reality that $25k was depo buy many people over many years.

still not woken up properly , but i have had a coffee, so the above may be a bit unclear.

:)

Okay...

Player A deposits 20k USD 2005 and buys mod fap - USD is at 9 SEK and 180k SEK is transferred to MAs bankaccount.

Player A sells the mod fap 2006 and cashes out 20K USD - USD is at 6.8 SEK and 136K is withdrawn from MAs bankaccount

MA can now keep 44 000 SEK plus the rent, off approx 3,6k SEK.

So 47 600 SEKs, or 7000 USD, that can be used into salarys, or development or even be taken out as a profit just because Player A leaves and therefore takes out his share.... How can that be bad for MA?

Edit: And now when the dollar is low, they probably transfer the money into a US bankaccount to not take any risks

I would like to point out though, this time they aren't buying new land areas or malls. They aren't reinvesting in another aspect of EU, they are withdrawing.

I can't wait to see those huge withdraws on MA balance sheet. Hitting MA in the pocket book is the only way they listen to anything...

Hello,

You must take into account the fees involved in depositing and withdrawl. MA takes a percentage of all money each time it travels and decay adds to MA's funds as it (and all consumables) does not have to be paid back to the player base.

MA is very good at taking care of its own interests and will only be seriously hurt if a significant number of people stop depositing.

As for the "availability" of the uber equipment it is still price out of my reach and so not available to me. Like many others I don't expect to ever own uber equip.

Grounder

You can disagree with me, but calling someone who has been playing the game for over a year a noob is being rude.

This is not directed at you, but you can have played since day 1 and still be a noob.

Coincidence? NO!
Reason? MA making slight adjustments to certain systems...

I just dont get why people whose skill value just raised by 1/3 feel the need to flame MA for making it happen.

I just dont get why people whose skill value just raised by 1/3 feel the need to flame MA for making it happen.

You must be new. :laugh: The positive posts are all on some other forum I assume. :dunno:

You must be new. :laugh: The positive posts are all on some other forum I assume. :dunno:

Well, I don't think they did. If one still gains skills at the former rate via natural skilling, but chips give you fewer skills... but this is off topic for this thread.

rofl, how did you come up with that?

Well, it's obvious that chips give you fewer skills. All that remains to be determined is if natural skilling has remained the same.

xen..natural skilling is a lot less at higher levels..at 8400 it now takes me same amount ammo/time to get 1 level as before it was 3/4 levels

Dont be afraid seeing uber items on sale that does not hurt.
But some of owners of those items were notorious adicted skillers burning several K$ each month and that is to be afraid if they leave.

But some of owners of those items were notorious adicted skillers burning several K$ each month and that is to be afraid if they leave.

Yeah, 'cause no new skillers spending several K$ could possibly start playing now. :rolleyes:

I know a few new up-and-comers who aren't afraid to spend. I think many of us do.

Well, I'm pretty sure the imp mk II/mod merc/mod fap type people were profiting, so them leaving can only be good for everyone else (from a strictly monetary point of view).

xen..natural skilling is a lot less at higher levels..at 8400 it now takes me same amount ammo/time to get 1 level as before it was 3/4 levels

Is this the general consensus?

Yeah, 'cause no new skillers spending several K$ could possibly start playing now. :rolleyes:

I know a few new up-and-comers who aren't afraid to spend. I think many of us do.

This is exactly my point. There has always been and always will be turnover in EU. At some point once you uber up enough to easily kill any mob / avatar in EU, and after you've had so many HOFs/ubers, then things start to get boring. We play EU because it presents a challenge. Remove the challenge and it's time to move on.

There is no warancy to infinite constant flush in of that kind of participants.

There is no warancy to infinite constant flush in of that kind of participants.

"The company could run out of customers."

This could be said for any company. Personally, I hunt, mine, craft, chat, explore and overall enjoy myself. I don't care how many uber high depositors there are. I'm having fun. I consider my money well spent.

Well lets see... In the "really old" skillsystem it took about 2 lvls to fill a chip after you passed 10k in a skill...
In the one we had before this it took about 30-35 or so depending on what skill it was...
If your saying that change didnt "hurt" the "ubers" beck then think again... Trust me it wasnt extremely fun to discover that the 10040 lvls you had in something now filled slightly more than one chip instead of 20...
So now they changed that back to about 10lvls/10ped tt (=per "old chip") or so. Main reason being that they "activated" the 10k+ skills to actually mean something for your prostand, minimum damage etc (i assume atleast) i.e. a longterm change.
So yes its now harder to gain skills both via skillchips and via hunting (not sure if theres a difference there in gains, too early to tell but both are definetly slower) But something was completely f*cked up before this because it was cheaper to chip that to hunt for the skills...
I dont mind chipping "as a feature" since it gives me the possibility to liquidate what ive worked for if i ever choose too... but when "natural skilling" is actually stupid since it costs more than buying the skills then something is wrong imo since this claims to be a "skillbased game".
And to all you whining assholes that complain about it "being harder to catch up with the ubers" now than before?
Heres a newsflash: You shouldnt be able to catch up with someone thats hunted for years every day and still does without hunting more and harder than the person for a similar period of time How would you like to hunt for 4 years to get some skills and then watch someone get more skills than you in 2 weeks just because they have a little cash to put into the game?... And yes it was a "little cash" in old system compared to effort to get the damn skills by actually doing even if its "alot of money" i know..
Kinda funny how some things differ when you look @it from more than one side...

To get back on topic... Id think main reason for there being several "sellouts" incl highend item ones atm is the fact that some old people just got tired of the game... Add to the fact that yes they payed alot less for the items in question and maybe live somewhere where a modfap is several years of wages and "dont want the risk anymore"? as a side note Phams sellout has been coming for a while now, and the other modfap thats being sold on EF atm belongs to someone that hasnt been really active for a long time either afaik...

I really think it is unbelievable how quickly the Doom & Gloomers pop up;-)
The VU has been out a day or less. As for skilling being nerfed only time
will tell. I have been tracking My skill progression for a long time, and before
this new VU installed there was quite a range to the amount of skills received
for doing the same activity (Hunting X amount of ammo, or mining with X
amount of supplies) each run. So, for me one nite of hunting is not enough
to determine if the skilling progression has decreased. At least for me last
nite the skills received were within a similar range as previous hunts. As
for all the Uber items in the Auction, unless you are talking to the sellers,
it is speculation what their intentions are.

Good Luck and have a great Entropian day ;-)

Back