"Chat Toggle" Most usefull?

Do we need a chat mode toggle etc?

• YES! I want everything described here, it would make a HUGE difference!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Just a toggle would finish chat off nicely

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A toggle would be nice but its low priority

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Chat is fine, there are more pressing matters

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Its been bugging me a bit this VU that MA still havn't completed what would otherwise be a perfect chat system (in my view).

All we need is a mapable "toggle button" for switching between the chat modes (ie local, society, team and event) rather then having to:

1. Find the mouse.
2. Navigate it down to bottom left of screen to click on a very small and dark little icon...

I just wanna hit tab or something or, better still, have the option of being able to map both a 'toggle' and buttons that would immediately select the local, soc, team or event chat. (for example 1,2,3 and 4 on the numpad would be good for me...)

I'd be willing to bet EVERYONE has typed in the wrong chat mode before only to have to work round the spam filter when they try to resend the message in the correct mode!

I also rather like the idea of a mapable toggle button that immediately switches off/on ALL incomming messages EXCEPT the ones pertinent to your currently selected channel of communication

For example:

your in soc chat, a flood of globals etc come in pushing the relevent thing your soc mate just said out of view, you toggle the other channels off with a single button and instantly his comment is back in view again. The only current way to achieve this is of course using the mouse to click each channel off individually. :eek:

Personally I think this would make the game a LOT nicer to play and should be a priority what do other people think?

Wistrel

cool thanks hopefully lots of people will too and MA may notice.... Marco said something somewhere recently about them judging priority of bugs based on number of people submitting them so I'm hoping a poll about a requested feature might work similarly :) I don't think this is a BIIIIIG thing either but it just strikes me its SUCH a shame to leave an ALMOST perfect system on 95% of the way there when the last 5% would make such a BIG difference...

Well... in my view anyway :D

I agree with what Wistrel said, and would like to add what i posted in a thread asking something similar.

ME on another thread said:
When we click with the right mouse button on a chat filter, turn off all the other channels, so we get only the channel we right clicked on, and change the talking channel to that one too (if possible/not already talking on that channel).

Also if the channel we right click is the only one active, turn all the channels on, so we can get all the channels again, without having to click all the filters one by one. Or even better, record the previous state and restore it. (for those who don't like to have all channels on by default)

This is my suggestion on the implementation of a quick single/all channel toggle solution.

This is for me as i prefer to use the mouse. But an additional keyboard solution with the other functions Wistrel mentions would be a good addition as well.

Hey great stuff! Hope you don't think I ripped off your idea or anything. I'm glad to see others have already thought of the whole "channel on off in one go" thing. I like your idea of utilising a right click to do it too.

I think what I want is for things to be in the action book though. That way we can have them as icons to click on onscreen or/AND keys to press on the keyboard. It really was a great system MA made this year (once I worked out how the heck to use it :ahh: )

Hey great stuff! Hope you don't think I ripped off your idea or anything. I'm glad to see others have already thought of the whole "channel on off in one go" thing. I like your idea of utilising a right click to do it too.

I think what I want is for things to be in the action book though. That way we can have them as icons to click on onscreen or/AND keys to press on the keyboard. It really was a great system MA made this year (once I worked out how the heck to use it :ahh: )

By no way i would think that ;)

The idea of having actions on the action book is also good for those who complain about the current buttons being too small :silly2:

The idea of having actions on the action book is also good for those who complain about the current buttons being too small :silly2:

I know it sounds REALLY picky but they are VERY small and dark... its fairly easy to click on the wrong one! :rolleyes:

BUMP

Pretty plz MA? :bowdown:

Back