Controls & Keymapping

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
This is just a small part of my main guide, you can find the main guide, which is far bigger at my signature

4 Controls

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/ef_version_options.jpg[/wrap]
You should activate aim mode in the options menu (press O), and click OK when you are done.
Now you can use space bar to switch between aim and cursor mode.

Aim mode will enable you to look around with your mouse, and is therefore a huge help in turning around and navigating.

Another way to look around is holding right mouse button.

Move to target when interaction allows you to use “autoaim”.

If you rightclick at a target this will make you turn into the direction, run to the object until it is in range, and then interact with it.
In case you are holding a weapon and the target is a mob this interaction will result in an attack.

You can zoom out with your mousewheel.
In this third person view holding middle mouse button will change your angle, so you can change your point of view.

You can use W, A, S, D for moving forward, sideward and back, q for running.
The arrow keys should work as well.

With “R” should activate autorun, a very important function. Look into the direction you want to go, and press R. You can stop by pressing S for instance.

4.1 The (hot-) keys

It seems that in another version update some keys have changed, I will add those I know, but if they are not working, simply try. The left keys are the older version, the right the newer ones I found out.

“w” for walking forward
“q” for running forward
“s” for walking back
“d” sidestep right
“a” sidestep left
“r” autorun
“t” you can teleport to the next revival terminal (if dead immediately, else you have to
wait 60 sec)
“e” jump, this can help to get into Teleporters sometimes, and also decreases the hits in
PvP, against animals etc. it won’t help!
“h” help window
“b” Desktop icons on/off
“v” turns the HUD off (the hp, the radar, the chat)
“i” opens the inventory
“j” for Friends List
“k” for avatar information
“o” for option menu
“h” keyboard map
“g” mouse help
“f” the hall of fame; you can see what people had luck recently and found much money
“p” your position is written in the all chat (just you can read it)
“c” the Mindark time and your session time is written in the all chat (again just for you)
“x”, y or z (depends on your keyboard)
opens the action library. Everything you can do is in there (private trade, gather sweat,
dance). To make it smaller you have to click at a button at the upper left.
“m” for map, you can also see the coordinates there.
“l” for edit panel, to change your keys
“g” opens the keyboard map, needed for changes too
“space” for switching between aim and cursor mode
The F-keys switch between the quickbars (maybe one for hunting, one for interaction etc.)
“Return” is used for the chat. If it suddenly shouldn’t work you have to click at the “bubble” button close to the chat

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/coords_time.JPG[/wrap]
you can see your current position by pressing "c", the current MA(GMT) time with "c" or "u" for newer versions

5 The Desktop icons and the HUD

5.1 Desktop icons

If you press “b” the Desktop icons will disappear.
In the upper left corner you have something like this:
hud_oben_links_bsp.jpg

The “1” indicate that set number 1 is active.
Sets can be changed with the arrows near the number or the F-keys (with standard settings).
An activated “Advanced Action Set Mode” (options menu), enables you to see different sets at the same time.
Useful of those actions are mainly private chat/trade, follow, add friend and gather sweat.
The symbols in the quick bar can be moved to every position on the screen, and if they are assigned to a key, they will show a little reminder what key in the lower left corner (to have this reminder, drag them to the keyboard first, then from the keyboard to the screen).

What you should have in range, is “unequip tool”, to holster your weapon/tool, best you place it at “1”, so the rest of the numbers can be used for weapons and tools. You should always holster your weapons/tools to avoid unnecessary costs.

In the upper right corner you have:
hud_oben_rechts.jpg

1. for opening chat (like “return”)
2. for opening a pending message
3. for depositing
4. the “Hall of Fame”, you can see the highest finds there (F)
5. the avatar info screen (K)
6. the Friends list (J)
7. the map (M)
8. Inventory (I)
9. Edit Panel (L)
10. Option menu (O)
11. Action Library (X, or Y or Z for newer versions)
12. Keyboard map (G)
13. Mouse help (H)

Most of the menus are explained in guide, to show what they are for.

You have several layers that can be changed with your F-keys. The global keys aren’t changed when you change the layer (like walking or hall of fame key).
To be able to change anything, you need the edit panel (opened with “l”).
ef_version_controls_icons.jpg

and the keyboard map, opened with "g"
keyboard_map1.jpg

Open the action library (“x, y, or z”) or the inventory (“i”) and drag the actions or tools to free key at the keyboard map.
To delete them, drag them to the paper basket in the edit panel.

Last edited:
To change the global key set, such as the movement keys, you need the Action Set Panel.
It is usually found in the upper left corner of your screen, if not open it with the edit panel.

The action set panel indicates what set is currently active, although you can’t access the global key set with it usually.
The edit panel has to be open for this.

ef_global_keys.jpg

Now you can change the global keys.

A useful thing to have on the global layer would be your FAP and your “unequip tool” action.

It is also possible to drag actions and tools to your desktop. This can be very useful, to have “private trade” or “private chat” available all the time.
This mode allows you to drag the bar in the upper right corner too.

Last edited:
5.2 The HUD

5.2.1 The chat window

Those little buttons are used to control the chat. Here you can chose what chats you want to read, and what chat you want to write in.

hud_chat2.jpg

From left to right:
 Local chat (the white one; local chat has a range of your radar)
 Society chat, the box below is activated, means in that case you can talk in soc chat
 Team chat
 Event chat
 Global messages, if you disable it you can’t read the globals messages anymore
(finally an option to ban all the ppl who starts “10 globals in a row” crafting run )
 Skill messages, if you disable it you can’t read the green chat anymore telling you got skills
 Damage messages, you neither can read the damage you deal nor the damage dealt to you
 “All other messages”, e.g. message someone in your friends list came online, creature doesn’t provider any further sweat

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/8/5/4/hud_pm.jpg[/wrap]
If you get a PM or another message a flashing icon will inform you

When you press return you can type in the chat, press it again to send it.

You can also use “/s” for writing in society chat and “/t” for writing in team chat
hud_efversion.jpg

ef_hud_radar.jpg

(i apologize for using pics here, but the arrows are necessary i think)

5.2.2 The Radar

ef_version_radar2.jpg

The colour of the dots shows you what is close to you:

Red living mob
Blue dead mob
Light Blue Teleporter
Orange NPC (Non Player Character :Shopkeeper, Weapons trader, civilian …)
Green other player (alive)
White other player (dead)
Yellow team member, or tamed animal (pet)
Violet society member

Most mobs will attack you if you come too close. That radius differs, but for most you can say:
if they come into the grey area of your radar, they will attack you sooner or later.
Some tougher mobs have a higher aggression radius or higher aggression means they will attack you from higher distance or much earlier, or both.

nice work

:wtg::clap: :dancing: :clap::wtg:

Wish I had seen this when I started! :yay:

Been playing for about a year now (I think). I took some time off to play in a different MMORPG, but this is much MUCH better ;)

Very nice.
Thank you for the hard work.

I'd also like to point out a little something I own and have found invaluable to all games and espcially now to Entropia as I put myself back in the game.

It's $40 or less.
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=157024

Basically like with setting the keyboard you can configure all buttons on this pad to do any keystroke and even macros you woudl like.
You can even do this 4 times over. (Meaning there's the default lights turned off, red light on, blue light on, green light on) This really gives you a huge range of ways to set up the left hand pad controller that it is.

Look it over I will certainly vouch for it's usefulness. When I get my loadout done i'll post it up for others to grab and use if they get this device.

But just to show a HIGHLY useful feature.

You set a button to to run the left click mouse button as a macro every X seconds and set it to turn off when you reclick the button.

Miners can see how useful this is if you hoff something.

Luckily last night I was able to get away from pc for 2 hours while it mined 220 peds worth of oil without me needing to do multiple mouse clicks. };>)

N some folks are probably like who are you.

Well see this post https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=681089#post681089

I'd also like to point out a little something I own and have found invaluable to all games and espcially now to Entropia as I put myself back in the game.

It's $40 or less.

Is this a violation of the EULA? I never use 3rd party software in-game (except PE Asst) so I am just wondering. It doesn't seem like it would be allowed, but I am no expert.

Warm Regards,
Donald

P.S. I don't mean to sound critical of Midnght's suggestion. I am just honestly asking. Thank you, Mid, for pointing this out...

Last edited:
Is this a violation of the EULA? I never use 3rd party software in-game (except PE Asst) so I am just wondering. It doesn't seem like it would be allowed, but I am no expert.

Warm Regards,
Donald

Hmm never thought about it. That's a very good question guess i'll go read the eula and see.

Cause it's hardware and software without the hardware the softwares useless.

I can't really see how reamapping the keys to a different device would be a violation, the logitech g15 gaming keybaord has extra keys that can be mapped as well for ease of play. But they might have something to say in regards to the macros you can also use it for.

Last edited:
When I first posted my question, I had not looked at the product, but assumed it was a program. Since then, I have looked and see that it is a keypad of sorts. My only concern is the use of macros... but I guess they're quite common, after all.

Donald

When I first posted my question, I had not looked at the product, but assumed it was a program. Since then, I have looked and see that it is a keypad of sorts. My only concern is the use of macros... but I guess they're quite common, after all.

Donald

Yes I'm not sure myself.

Reading the part of the eula that would cover this.

The Participant agrees not to translate, modify, copy, printout, disassemble, de-compile or otherwise tamper with the Entropia Universe system, code, or any firmware, circuit board or software provided therewith. The Participant also agrees not to hack into or interfere with any data communication to or from the Entropia Universe servers, clients, and systems, as well as not to use any other software than the Entropia Universe Client to interpret or influence data sent to or from the Entropia Universe server and client systems. The Participant also agrees upon not using any Third Party software or equipment that influences the Entropia Universe in any way. The Participant agrees upon not tampering, removing (except complete uninstallation), adding, or changing the installed Entropia Universe Client Software and its associated files in any way whatsoever.

I take it to mean, hardware or software that would modify the game itself. Like hacking the code to get free peds, or unlimited bullets etc. :scratch2:

The bolded line seems to me the one where this might not be allowed.
How ever as I said above this doesn't influence the Universe in any lets say ABNORMAL way. If you sit there and click 50000 times or have something do it for you it's still 50000 clicks.

But like you said "i'm no expert" either.

Very nice done Alice :) :wtg:

but...
"Blue dead mob
Light Blue Teleporter
"

isnt it that blue is teleporter and light blue dead mob:confused:

Very nice done Alice :) :wtg:

but...
"Blue dead mob
Light Blue Teleporter
"

isnt it that blue is teleporter and light blue dead mob:confused:
sec, i kill one

edit, tp is minimal brighter :D

is there any way to rebind mouse keys (without using special emulator for putting mousebutton work like keyboard button)? My mouse has few additional buttons and some functions like jumping would be much more convinient under mouse button

is there any way to rebind mouse keys (without using special emulator for putting mousebutton work like keyboard button)? My mouse has few additional buttons and some functions like jumping would be much more convinient under mouse button

Depends on your mouse.

If it has extra buttons the software you installed for it should have the ability to remap any and all keys on your mouse.

As long as you installed it check mouse properties in your control panel.

you can't add actions and items to they keys of your mouse like you can do with the keyboard i guess

but, usually mice come with a program where you can set funktions or keyboard keys to it
lay a key thats usually hard to reach at it, like F12, F11

and those you give ingame the meaning of certain actions

i don't know if that works, i don't need my additional mouse keys usually
never thought about it

problem is that EU itself does not provide any option to change actions connected with mouse..

Is it against EULA if I would use macro programming and certain 3th party program for rebinding mouse..for makeing windows believe that I pressed button on keyboard when I actually hit button on mouse.. couldnt read it out anywhere from EULA but English isnt my native tongue either so I may be mistaking..

Last edited:
problem is that EU itself does not provide any option to change actions connected with mouse..

Is it against EULA if I would use macro programming and certain 3th party program for rebinding mouse..for makeing windows believe that I pressed button on keyboard when I actually hit button on mouse.. couldnt read it out anywhere from EULA but English isnt my native tongue either so I may be mistaking..

Well far as we investigated when i made teh post about the belkin nostromo

The eula doesn't specifically say it's a bit ambigious. Read back a page you'll see what we think. but we have nothign official.

Realistically if it's not okay than apps like nrf woudln't be allowed either and MA isn;t bothering them about it.

ok

not exactly the same but still made it bit more clear :)

Good tutorial.
About the macro's for keyboard and mouse... Those have nothing to do with Entropia. They interact with Windows and Windows interacts with Entropia. Should we uninstal Windows?

Simplify a task? legal?

Hi!

Is it okay to use the G15 keyboard for playing EU? Here I wounder if it's okay to assign the G-buttons for doing a simple task like sweating an animal.
(consentrate, wait 2-3 sec, sweat) then have to press the same G-button to repeat it one more time..
I would like that so I may eat food with both hands (not one..), I don't think it's cheating when the player is MONITORING the game, but I am no expert either.
So my question is it legal? (have anybody got caught use G15?) (does MindArk know if I am using G15?)

But I am totally against using a G15 keyboard for botting!!!

If this device is part of the computer configuration then is your regular computer and if it complete any actions with the OS, I'm sure are all legal. Nobody can ask you to disable your computer or uninstal devices to play... You think MA will ban Logitec keyboard? I suppose that all that comes from the driver is good because is the way the OS interects with ALL programs. I may be wrong and an oficial comment would be apreciated... Some one that plans to buy such a device can write a support case and inform us all...

Support case

If this device is part of the computer configuration then is your regular computer and if it complete any actions with the OS, I'm sure are all legal. Nobody can ask you to disable your computer or uninstal devices to play... You think MA will ban Logitec keyboard? I suppose that all that comes from the driver is good because is the way the OS interects with ALL programs. I may be wrong and an oficial comment would be apreciated... Some one that plans to buy such a device can write a support case and inform us all...

I have filed in a support case, I will report what the outcome was

i have a G15 too ^^

might be an interesting answer

They told me to read the EULA. (It was an inconclusive answer they gave me)

I have done that and I still aren't sure! (I think they are happy as long everybody else is (other players))
But I think I will use G-buttons for very simple task like: revive to nearest terminal etc.. because it doesn't hurt anybody (as I might have pressed T-Y anyway for it)

Any thoughts about it? :rolleyes:

well, 3 of my keys write either "/s " or "/t " or "/l "

when my chat screws up again, what happens from time to time, like

"You need to be part of a society to use this chat" (heck, i am the leader!), you can't change with the fancy buttons below the chat

but /s often works

i simply use it instead of return, makes it ALOT easier in many many cases, even if the chat is working

you are in team chat, but have a soc discussion
press the "/s "-key, so you don't have to change the chats all the time, which takes AGES compared to pressing a button, and also, when you found out you are in the wrong chat, but wrote some stuff already and change, it is deleted

Where may I find a complete list over those flags your sending ("/s","/t","/l" ...) ? (also commands would be nice)

(I have to experiment with the chatting-flags as I find it difficult to chat with other players (team), while fighting/sweating an animal as you have to repeat it)

Is there a way to close one/all dialogs on the screen (my natural reaction is to press ESC, but is rather DUMB idea as I don't want to close EVERYTHING!)

Is there a way to send your map-coordinates to your team/friends with only one G-button? (Also typical chat answers like: "Yes", "No", "Okay!", "I'm busy - Fighting", "Protect me!", "Heal me!", "Request: Flank Attack!", "Request: Ranged Attack!", "Stop", "Wait! - Found mineral", "Go NE", "Go N", "Go NW", etc..)

Any ideas is nice! :cool:

Where may I find a complete list over those flags your sending ("/s","/t","/l" ...) ? (also commands would be nice)

(I have to experiment with the chatting-flags as I find it difficult to chat with other players (team), while fighting/sweating an animal as you have to repeat it)

Is there a way to close one/all dialogs on the screen (my natural reaction is to press ESC, but is rather DUMB idea as I don't want to close EVERYTHING!)

Is there a way to send your map-coordinates to your team/friends with only one G-button? (Also typical chat answers like: "Yes", "No", "Okay!", "I'm busy - Fighting", "Protect me!", "Heal me!", "Request: Flank Attack!", "Request: Ranged Attack!", "Stop", "Wait! - Found mineral", "Go NE", "Go N", "Go NW", etc..)

Any ideas is nice! :cool:
i doubt that the coords work, that requires a program

but the G buttons wirh certain msgs work for sure

you should have a program to edit your keys afaik

simply do what you want to there

hf :)

awsomely kwl guide dude..ess...... :p

Back