Controls & Keymapping

updated this a bit, since the global key set can be accessed otherwise since a longer time now

also a new options pic

help !!!

I can no longer see the `yellow` messages, the damage done or recieved does not show in the chat window, and the `u` key wont show the time. can anyone help? I`ve sent in a support case to MA, but they haven`t got back to me.
Thx,
Sarg.

I can no longer see the `yellow` messages, the damage done or recieved does not show in the chat window, and the `u` key wont show the time. can anyone help? I`ve sent in a support case to MA, but they haven`t got back to me.
Thx,
Sarg.
you might have disabled the chat of those

below your chat window 2 rows with symbols

if some are disabled click on them to activate them again

maybe you disabled the last 2 chats "damage messages" and "other messages"

Very nice thread.

Can you clarify if it is possible to move around in a fashion similar to some other games out there (i.e. primarily only using the mouse)?

From the posting it seems like you almost can do this, but you would have to be in "aiming" mode and then use the walk button on the keyboard.

I am coming from a game that appears to be going out of business and really liked the control scheme used there (same as that most popular mmorpg).

Thank you

Very nice thread.

Can you clarify if it is possible to move around in a fashion similar to some other games out there (i.e. primarily only using the mouse)?

From the posting it seems like you almost can do this, but you would have to be in "aiming" mode and then use the walk button on the keyboard.

I am coming from a game that appears to be going out of business and really liked the control scheme used there (same as that most popular mmorpg).

Thank you
just with mouse, might work

i use a logitech mouse with several buttons, and i can define some buttons on it to press say "space" for me, so you would have the aim mode

another key defined as autorun and it could work

that way you had the look around and run around on your mouse

with the latest change in controls you can hold right mouse button for looking around btw, so kinda a "lower aim mode"

you can also press both mouse buttons to run, and keep holding one of them to stay running

-
if the game is D2 style, so you click to move
that works as well here, but that isn't too accurate

all the time there was a "click to move" in option menu (haven't checked lately, i never used it here since it isn't really precise enough for me)
doubleclick was autorun i think

just with mouse, might work

i use a logitech mouse with several buttons, and i can define some buttons on it to press say "space" for me, so you would have the aim mode

another key defined as autorun and it could work

that way you had the look around and run around on your mouse

with the latest change in controls you can hold right mouse button for looking around btw, so kinda a "lower aim mode"

you can also press both mouse buttons to run, and keep holding one of them to stay running

-
if the game is D2 style, so you click to move
that works as well here, but that isn't too accurate

all the time there was a "click to move" in option menu (haven't checked lately, i never used it here since it isn't really precise enough for me)
doubleclick was autorun i think
This sounds promising.

It sounds like I can press and hold both mouse buttons to run and then steer with the mouse? Will I stop running when I release both buttons?

Or, does it work like this: hold down right mouse button to steer and press both buttons to engage running?

I think...

... you will stop running after you release the mouse buttons.

At least, I recall stopping the last time I checked. I use "two button run" frequently when I need some time to talk on the phone and something is trying to eat me ;)

Or, does it work like this: hold down right mouse button to steer and press both buttons to engage running?
i guess trial and error is the way to go here

when you press both buttons you start to run, keep holding one you stay running

i think aim mode was activated as well, especially now since the right mouse button is looking around too

so you might try to press both buttons, and hold the right one

It works just as I had hoped. Thank you for all of your help.

Can you map the following to a key:
Pick up table
So that you don't have to click the table first?

Can you map the following to a key:
Pick up table
So that you don't have to click the table first?
nope, there is a "pick up" button, which i have at left CTRL actually
but you gotta select the thing you want to pick up

there is as well a "select target" command, which works with your cursor instead of clicking
so if you dont want to click, a "select target" key and then a "pick up" key would work as well

but there is no seperation of "pick up item X" i know of

edit
would be funny at the rig
macros pressing the "pick up oil" key over and over :D

I have a problem dragging and dropping items to the desktop to be icons. They won't drop where I put them. They just move to the side, sometimes half covering an icon already there. They won't let me move them, either, I have to drop them in the trashcan and try again until it lands somewhere I can live with.

I have a problem dragging and dropping items to the desktop to be icons. They won't drop where I put them. They just move to the side, sometimes half covering an icon already there. They won't let me move them, either, I have to drop them in the trashcan and try again until it lands somewhere I can live with.
hm, works for me
lemme see
you can't move them that easily

there are kinda 2 "modes" for the items on the desktop when you have the edit panel open

"move the action/tool", thats the "big symbol" you can get when you click in the middle of the action/key symbol and drag it to the trashbin for example

or
the "move symbol around", thats when you go more towards the edges and the borders
the picture in the symbol becomes a bit smaller then and you can move it around

there is a video from me near the new arrival building in PA near the NAZ about it
maybe that helps to see it better

if it still doesnt work i start to run out of ideas :D

Last edited:
Your description worked perfectly. Yes I noticed when I hovered over the icon it got a red frame. I clicked on the frame and was able to drag the icons wherever I wanted. It was due to my obsessive compulsive need to click exactly in the center of the icon that I never even tried the edges. You are a genius:D.

Im days old here, and have been looking everywhere across the net for some type of info on how to maneuver, operate and function inworld. This game is anything but user friendly for a noob. Even within forums there just aren't alot of "how to's" for absolute beginners.

I've spent a week (which after reading all of this doesn't seem so long) searching for various tutorials for noobs for Entropia/Calypso. This is by far the most expansive, coherent, intelligently put together, detailed "guide" so far. What else can be said but thank you...

this was a tremendous help, you are a doll.

Im days old here, and have been looking everywhere across the net for some type of info on how to maneuver, operate and function inworld. This game is anything but user friendly for a noob. Even within forums there just aren't alot of "how to's" for absolute beginners.

I've spent a week (which after reading all of this doesn't seem so long) searching for various tutorials for noobs for Entropia/Calypso. This is by far the most expansive, coherent, intelligently put together, detailed "guide" so far. What else can be said but thank you...

this was a tremendous help, you are a doll.
heh, thanks

check the rest of my guide too, see signature :p

mentor ship

how do I access my mentorships to see where my desciples are at from before the ce2 update?

how do I access my mentorships to see where my desciples are at from before the ce2 update?
if i am not mistaken not at all, as mentorship wasnt brought back yet (except i missed it, but dont think so)

Im days old here, and have been looking everywhere across the net for some type of info on how to maneuver, operate and function inworld.

Recently (vu 10.1.2), navigating by mouse clicking (I hate it lol) and turning left/right with Z/C has been re-implemented. ("Action book" and clock has been moved to Y and U).

SPEAR no fwd only up

I bought a SPEAR Hover today, but the W key makes it roll up and over. So does the arrow key. Can someone assist me to get this sorted. The ability to go FWD only is somehow stuffed.:(

Hitbox small

If you can not hit the mob or you dont want to spend time you can use 3 keys:

1. Next target
2. Auto shot
3. loot

So you set up thise 3 keys to you desktop (like I do) or put them on 3 keys.

Find next target was new to me since 1 week but is very usefull when you are doing missions on small mobs.

Ty for reading and remeber to follow me on twitch.tv;)

Back