Basic Hunting Tutorial

Thanx for another great guide Alice.
Some more info that might be helpful to a new player.

Oleg has made a guide about what to use when to hunt different mobs:
Olegs Mob ladder

Entropia Forum info about the different creatures:
Bestiary

For more info about the creatures in EU:
Entropedia info on mobs

All credits to respective creator of threads, and the wounderful Entropedia.

Thanx for another great guide Alice.
Some more info that might be helpful to a new player.

Oleg has made a guide about what to use when to hunt different mobs:
Olegs Mob ladder

Entropia Forum info about the different creatures:
Bestiary

For more info about the creatures in EU:
Entropedia info on mobs
several of the data in those lists/threads and more I have summarized in another thread of mine :silly2:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9-guide-weapon-progression-mob-selection.html
hf #D

Sorry Alice, why does it always seems like my posts in one way or another is always missleading towards your information or pointing to other threads than those that you have created.
I promise I do not intend for it to happend, especially since most of the information I have about EU comes from your guides.

Anyhow, keep on rocking Alice, I know it and you know it too, that you are providing such a great help to the comunity and new players. :wtg:

Sorry Alice, why does it always seems like my posts in one way or another is always missleading towards your information or pointing to other threads than those that you have created.
I promise I do not intend for it to happend, especially since most of the information I have about EU comes from your guides.

Anyhow, keep on rocking Alice, I know it and you know it too, that you are providing such a great help to the comunity and new players. :wtg:
lols, i will live

but sometimes i fire back #D

This is a great guide!

Especially for lil' Noobie like me. Thanks!

Is there any reason u dont mention the emt 2650 fap in ur fap section? - or is it 2350 - dont remember - the one with 24 heal and 41 uses per minute - fastest fap i could find, and not too skill heavy for a non-L fap.

Basically it lets me kill much bigger mobs than with my fap 18 and hedok sk20. Perhaps not that eco - but really nice for when im mining or travelling, or when im suddenly swamped by my prey of choice ;D

anyhoo - real nice guide - keep up the good work

The armor part needs work. You warn readers against overprotection, then suggest Shogun for hunting small Atrox and Atrax, and Kobold for hunting Feffoids. Both are severe overkill even for someone with just 95-100 health. Pixie+2A gives 20 points of protection and is enough to take Atrax young and mature, and Gnome+5A is enough to take Atrox young and mature. Against Feffoids, Gnome(Goblin)+5A is easily enough to hunt up through Raider. Also you don't explain the value of plates well enough. When used properly they allow you to get the same protection for lower decay, and spend less peds on armor. It is almost always better to use armor with plates than to use armor alone. Unfortunately, someone reading the guide would come away with the impression that plates increase overall decay cost, and would end up not using them.

The armor part needs work. You warn readers against overprotection, then suggest Shogun for hunting small Atrox and Atrax, and Kobold for hunting Feffoids. Both are severe overkill even for someone with just 95-100 health. Pixie+2A gives 20 points of protection and is enough to take Atrax young and mature, and Gnome+5A is enough to take Atrox young and mature. Against Feffoids, Gnome(Goblin)+5A is easily enough to hunt up through Raider. Also you don't explain the value of plates well enough. When used properly they allow you to get the same protection for lower decay, and spend less peds on armor. It is almost always better to use armor with plates than to use armor alone. Unfortunately, someone reading the guide would come away with the impression that plates increase overall decay cost, and would end up not using them.
will look into it when i have time again for it :)

edit,i don't have an edit button for that post anymore, so i guess any update won't work

however, i will change parts in my main guide a bit, armor section will be reviewed

i also have a thread with possible mobs to hunt with what weapon

i tend to have armor with plates suggested there

i will try to make it more clear to use plates in my main guide though

ty :)

Last edited:

not trying to hijack or troll but your bring up good points

keep in mind this game and even alice's guide is a work in progress. she can't help ma changes things or ideas on how to play change as well. it is all dynamic after all :cool: and there is only so much time in the day to do it all.

thank you alice for your effort on your guides

not trying to hijack or troll but your bring up good points

keep in mind this game and even alice's guide is a work in progress. she can't help ma changes things or ideas on how to play change as well. it is all dynamic after all :cool: and there is only so much time in the day to do it all.

thank you alice for your effort on your guides
the remarks regarding atrax young in shogun are correct

trox in pixie 2a however, that gives you 10 more damage per hit
can get hard

feffs i never used kobold for i gotta admit as well (dont own shogun either)

before update i did up to guard naked, and then i had ghost usually

i just thought if feff, likely kobold will do
especially if you plate it

Gnome+5A gives 26 protection against trox, good enough against young and mature. Kobold+5a is good against big Feffoids, Walord and up, because you actually need the 25 protection and Kobold is a cheap armor. In case you haven't noticed, 5A plates are awesome, because they are low markup and give the 2nd best protection you can get apart from 5Bs.

Last edited:
COOL! I can never remember which loot rules are which. And while I understood the basic types of damage on armor, I didn't know which kinds were best. I saw pictures and I LOVE the look of the Paladin armor! I have a mixed suit though....... pixie, gremlin, shogun, samurai and Goblin

I'd rather chop off my avatar's arm than give up my opallo. I LOVE that gun!

Hey.... aaah, I had a question. I hunt exauro's a lot because they're so easy to kill, and rather spastic so they're easy to pull hunt. But I noticed that I get better loot hunting the little ones at N. Atlas than I do the swarms of Dominants and Alphas down by Twin! What's up with that? Is it some kind of built in noob blight made by mindark to make my life miserable? Or is it just my breath?

Last edited:
COOL! I can never remember which loot rules are which. And while I understood the basic types of damage on armor, I didn't know which kinds were best. I saw pictures and I LOVE the look of the Paladin armor! I have a mixed suit though....... pixie, gremlin, shogun, samurai and Goblin

Hey.... aaah, I had a question. I hunt exauro's a lot because they're so easy to kill, and rather spastic so they're easy to pull hunt. But I noticed that I get better loot hunting the little ones at N. Atlas than I do the swarms of Dominants and Alphas down by Twin! What's up with that? Is it some kind of built in noob blight made by mindark to make my life miserable? Or is it just my breath?
heh, might be luck as well

but there are douzens of loot theories
so, no idea :)

The loot theory that I suport (and that might be totaly wrong) is that every mob that spawns is loaded with its loot, and if it dies from natural causes (drowning) the loot gets back to the next batch of spawning animals.

Noone has any prove of any theorys, and to be hones noone will ever have one either. If someone gets a spreadsheet for how the loot works right now, MA will change it straight away, it is suposed to be random.

If I dont make sence send me a PM and I get back to you tomorow, to drunk right now, :)

Nice post
+rep for sure :D
PS: you have maxed Opalo?! W00t?! :rofl:

Maxed nothing, at this rate I'm going to be lucky to repair that armor. I don't deposit very often, can't afford it. So I'm sweating forEVER.

Umm semi-related question.
First of all I would like to point out that I'm very fresh at this game...
You wrote in the melee part that you should switch to an axe when you don't have any hit bonus etc anymore. And then a few lines lower that when you first switch to the Katana's (can't remember the names something determination) You should have around level 3000-4500 when you wrote that did you mean swordsman level? or what level is that?
Because I'm swordie level 1 (Told you I'm new <.<;; ) and well to say the least I didn't quite read the post and went out and bought one of them swords :p

So basically my question is should I just store it for a long while until I've reached a higher level swordie or can I use it now?

Thank you in advance, and if I for some reason missed a similar question and answer I'm truly sorry.

Should be a NOOB Hunting kit in TT..

LOW: Means you only get what you need for
basic hunting.

MEDIUM: Gives you a bit better armor and weapons.

HEAVY: Gives you what you need for most hunting scenarios.

Im a noob and i am seriously thinking about buy some armor
and some weapon...
But i have no idea.

Could you post a grocerylist with the basics.
With an estimated cost aswell..

Should be a NOOB Hunting kit in TT..

LOW: Means you only get what you need for
basic hunting.

MEDIUM: Gives you a bit better armor and weapons.

HEAVY: Gives you what you need for most hunting scenarios.

Im a noob and i am seriously thinking about buy some armor
and some weapon...
But i have no idea.

Could you post a grocerylist with the basics.
With an estimated cost aswell..
there is one in my main guide actually, see signature

but in short, for a hunter
opalo 3.8 ped, tt
omegaton A101 amp, ~60 ped, auction
vivo T1, fap, 9 ped, tt
pixie or goblin, armor, say 20 ped, auction/market

that should do for now

for the limited armor

At the moment nemesis bear boar jaguar etc unlimited sets have pretty nasty markup.

On the other hand prices on many limited armors have gone down to near tt value.

I managed to complete a full set of bear/boar/jag/tiger with all parts less than 125% MU. Bear and boar where below 110%. Im very pleased with its performance/price.

Unlimited sets might still be to prefer, if u have it or can afford to lock up those peds, but the possibility to get less than full tt L parts with full protection means that u could possibly get a functioning L armor for 200 peds that would be a perfectly fine midlevel armor. After some hours of hunting u might need to start replacing a piece here or there depending on how big tt u bought for starters. I havent needed to yet and i have cycled perhaps 1k peds on h400.

Anyways Alice if ur still following this thread - u write L armors are mainly for show. I would say boar armor at 107% - especially parts at 25% of full tt or so - would be a perfectly reasonable choice for budget players wanting to step up from shogun.

Also i think u might mention predator L aswell - can be found at 110% and could be very eco aswell i think.

ty a lot for very nice guide!!!

At the moment nemesis bear boar jaguar etc unlimited sets have pretty nasty markup.

On the other hand prices on many limited armors have gone down to near tt value.

I managed to complete a full set of bear/boar/jag/tiger with all parts less than 125% MU. Bear and boar where below 110%. Im very pleased with its performance/price.

Unlimited sets might still be to prefer, if u have it or can afford to lock up those peds, but the possibility to get less than full tt L parts with full protection means that u could possibly get a functioning L armor for 200 peds that would be a perfectly fine midlevel armor. After some hours of hunting u might need to start replacing a piece here or there depending on how big tt u bought for starters. I havent needed to yet and i have cycled perhaps 1k peds on h400.

Anyways Alice if ur still following this thread - u write L armors are mainly for show. I would say boar armor at 107% - especially parts at 25% of full tt or so - would be a perfectly reasonable choice for budget players wanting to step up from shogun.

Also i think u might mention predator L aswell - can be found at 110% and could be very eco aswell i think.

ty a lot for very nice guide!!!
i am still following the thread and i actually updated my main guide longer ago with other info about L armor and recently with even more

and i agree totally that the L armor is indeed a good alternative, i own Tbird L, boar/bear L set, which were way below 110% mostly and some parts of other stuff which i got rather cheap too

the main guide i also updated with an armor eco section kinda, explaining how decay works

i don't feel eager to update this post though, because of some funny copyright chances on EF, having more work with uploading pics and changing etc. when i spent hours on the main guide already and also with the (hopefully?) coming CE2

best i could add, "rather read main guide you can find here link", which is more recent anyway

WOW is all i can say for this hunting tut helped me heaps :D now im getting full pixie (im new to the game) i would of bougth settler if it wasnt for this tut thanks :D

new updates needed for hunting basics
which in particular?

i wrote that t1 is best newbie fap, should still be the case
to start with ranged combat, should still be the case
how armor protection works, should still be the case, but would need lots of people to test and several months time likely

the only thing which doesnt apply at the moment is team hunting, so i could delete it
but i had to write it anew pretty soon i guess, as its supposed to be back
at the moment i can't update all that stuff which is supposed to come back

so in what way did hunting change that i need to update this?

edit, updated the adress to my main guide tho, which changed :D

Alice you have right, but we need more information

which in particular?

i wrote that t1 is best newbie fap, should still be the case
to start with ranged combat, should still be the case
how armor protection works, should still be the case, but would need lots of people to test and several months time likely

the only thing which doesnt apply at the moment is team hunting, so i could delete it
but i had to write it anew pretty soon i guess, as its supposed to be back
at the moment i can't update all that stuff which is supposed to come back

so in what way did hunting change that i need to update this?

edit, updated the adress to my main guide tho, which changed :D

Yes, it is true that the update for the huntic basics can not pe change... But I will more information about SGA items.... How is to hunt with Pixie SGA Armourset and SGA Opalo?... and wats the differense between this and the ordinary equipment Pixie and Opalo from TT???... Can be better the loot with SGA???...:scratch2:

COOl :) Thanks for this excellent tutorial :)

Back