Basic Mining Tutorial

One thing that you might include in the guide Alice.
I tried the mining today, great fun, found som XII :cool:
But what I did not know at the beginning was that you could use the excavator more than once at the same find. so the first 3 finds I only got 14 - 22 ore.
Just in case someone else is not using their mind, like me.

I skilled up in inteligence today so maby I wont do the same mistace again :D

One thing that you might include in the guide Alice.

use the excavator more than once at the same find
mentioned it

edit, for a word

NOW

Last edited:
Sorry alice, then it must be my lack of reading skills.
When do you start to lvl in reading in EU? :)

Sorry alice, then it must be my lack of reading skills.
When do you start to lvl in reading in EU? :)
err, your reading skills were correct

it should have been "mentioned it NOW" :D

i added it in the main guide too btw

thx for the pointing at it :D
i tend to forget some stuff, they become simply so natural that you don't think about it anymore

thanx alice.
Thank you for all the hard work you have put into all your guides, they have helped me alot now in the beginning.
:wtg:

nice guide + rep

nice guide :) ++rep
I am more or less a n00b (still disciple) but I did manage to deposit $30 last year to try out mining, and I noticed that the best mining places were in places either devoid of people/mobs or with spread out hi/mid-strength mobs (e.g. north of the southern teleporter on that snowy island, or west of the teleporter in that purple forest place :) , and a bunch of other places too)

Crazy Copy Cat

Thank you for the reply. :)

Now, out in the field, I just switch to local comms and send a "loot big" message to anyone nearby. Life is too short to worry about someone ghosting your claims or imitating your mining patterns.

Loot big everyone

I wanted to add something from my experience.
I am a miner in EU for about 2 years now. Nothing big, no HoFs (yet), but I've had some nice globals so far :)

There are places where some miners are lucky. It doesn't mean EVERY miner will have luck there. So it makes some sense to listen to others and mine where they were lucky, but keep on looking your lucky spot! Don't go only to where you heard someone globaled or had big sizes....
I mine where many people had very bad runs and almost always I am on +.
Miners are a bit like cats - they walk their own ways.

Another thing. It seems that some places like close to Port Atlantis are good for people with low skills. I don't want to say that all skilled miners will be unlucky there, but I think that each miner will have places with good mining for some time. I used to mine a lot close to PA, and now whenever I go back I loose.... I had some globals there, now my max is size V.
So you always have to test new lands and look for lucky spots. If you don't have good run where you used to have it, just give the land some time off.... maybe resources will be back. If not, change it.

What to do then?
It is always good to go on a journey to the unknown. Pick a spot on a map and go mining where you have never been. Even if there are strong mobs you can avoid them most of the time.

heh i see dont even give me credit alice, since we merged the guides from the contest :p

heh i see dont even give me credit alice, since we merged the guides from the contest :p
there was no merge :scratch2:

its pretty exactly the same i wrote in my main guide (see signature)

the guide you wrote for the contest is still there, but in another sub forum
it is in the entropiaforum one, under tutorial contest

mine was moved to the stickies, since i won the contest, without any phrases coming from yours
there was no need to, since i covered the same (and more) areas than you, even with screenies, whats partially the reason because i won i guess?

however, if i take statistics, pictures, from other players, especially from EF, i tend to ask before i do, and mention it in the guide as well (see guide in signature, crafting)

if you can tell me where they were merged, i would be surprised ^^

Nice guide Alice,, as allways ;)

Im not verry experienced with mining but are getting more and more questions about it from disciples so I will start mine to get some knowledge and be able to help them. Your guides have been alot of help for both me and my disciples, big +REP!

- Kujo :)

Gosh, better start crafting amps then LOL

haah yeah start craf :D almost every1 of my friends have start to craft .. I don´t get it :D why

10x for the guide , but i still think mining is kinda riskier than hunting :D

yes and no, you can do hunting longer that mining for the same investment :)

well, depends

planting a probe costs around 1 ped basically

killing a trox as well i guess

oki, you won't start with troxes as newbie most likely, but still

mining can be cheaper "per try" (killing mob or planting bomb) than hunting, or more expensive (kill a hogglo)

overall it depends on what you want :=)

btw ive always been wondering the depth thing... when u use tt finder u can find from 7m and or lower... but when u use better finders u never find that low???!? why? if there is find that u can find with tt finder that is at 7m why cant u find it with of212 at 7m? this has been wondering me always

does it go like this... better finder u have the more deeper u find (only) and leave the deposits that are lower to ppl with noobie equipment...
coz mostly found my deposits at 600m+ depth very rare if found under 600m

coz when i had my mining skills and 212 finder i dropped some bombs no resource found and 10sec later a dude goes the same spot i just bombed and gets a global... and i think that noob didnt have more skills than i..

maybe that would be easy to test.. first u drop with better finder then u drop with tt finder to the same spot.. never had peds to waste this kinda experiment but maybe someone can light me a little :F

Same for me, I made a theory of that, the 53Metres of what ever your finder searches is in radius,

When I use OF105 or Ziplex 20 Oreseeker I find nothing between 0 to 500 Metres, I allways find stuff deeper than that,

But after you found a claim with an OF105 try put a bomb with your tt finder, you will also find something just 2 metres away from your original claim.. So my theory it goes in radius..

Or how ever to explain

I have tried numerous places to mine. I have been doing it since I started playing 4 weeks ago. So far I have deposited 500 PED and haven't had to deposit since. Enmatter works well for my low lvl but now it seems I am starting to loose my a$$.

NE mountain range from Argus works well for me. Usually I can go there and make a profit. Other places ( not going to name ) also work well for me. However, the finds are drying up. I am running out of places to go. Basically I am looking for suggestions. Find more places? Can someone help a newbie? Go ore?

Wanted to hold off on the ore for a bit. Allready starting to have my a$$ handed to me. I am bored. I want excitement. Now I would appreciate some advice :)

nice article good read
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Could someone explain me, how the amps work ?

According to Entropedia, they raise the efficiency, but I cant understand in which way.
Does this mean, if they raise the efficency by 2.5 a V find will become a XII or does it become a VII (multiplikation or addition )?

Could someone explain me, how the amps work ?

According to Entropedia, they raise the efficiency, but I cant understand in which way.
Does this mean, if they raise the efficency by 2.5 a V find will become a XII or does it become a VII (multiplikation or addition )?

Cannot say I know, but my guess is that it is multiplicative. Not sure if the name of the amp is important, but it would make sense if an increase in cost gives a corresponding increase in gain. I.e. for a 101 amp that costs half the corresponding bomb/probe would increase the gain by 50% - i.e a 5ped find would instead be a 7.5ped find. If that is true, the efficiency numbers does not make sense, though. :scratch2: Not that all other numbers make perfect sense... :silly2:
Would be nice to hear an experienced miners view on this. There have been some discussion in other threads, but...

Cannot say I know, but my guess is that it is multiplicative. Not sure if the name of the amp is important, but it would make sense if an increase in cost gives a corresponding increase in gain. I.e. for a 101 amp that costs half the corresponding bomb/probe would increase the gain by 50% - i.e a 5ped find would instead be a 7.5ped find. If that is true, the efficiency numbers does not make sense, though. :scratch2: Not that all other numbers make perfect sense... :silly2:
Would be nice to hear an experienced miners view on this. There have been some discussion in other threads, but...

Had 5 globals using an amp so far.
Using an 102 at the moment which has an 2.5 efficiency and it feels like it is 2.5 times the normal size. Maybe if i find a spot not that heavily mined at which I can be sure, almost no one goes there, I would be able to have it more conclusive, but with 700k users and such a small world it seems impossible :D

Any experienced miner any thoughts ?

heh

Teh i mine even radar are not clean,because I learn from a people that are doing that without a radar clean.This way gives me some good places to mine where I get enought to cover my expences and time to time I go there and check the spots but not all,because are a lot of them and no have time to check all of them and not all the time i got back what I spent.Time to time I got some average and ample in the same places,this is not means that there are no ones who didn't knows,but for sure i get some in the same places.:)

TT detectonators are now ziplex Ju10 matter finder, and ziplex oreseeker, right?

Tutorial is old 2 years.. need small upgrade :)

About CND

To new people looking for something new. You can also mine on CND but the finders will have a 40% downgrade on range from its operational level. The claims are rare but are larger than normal. It is an even trade. Im still new but have found this to be true. Largest claim we found so far was in biodome 7 (171ped iron). All time High was found in Biodome 10 (200000+ ped(lucky bum)).

Back