Basic Mining Tutorial

Got some mining questions...
I've been playing for about 4½ year now, and I've been hunting mostly, but done some mining occasionally.

Though now I've reach a point where I really cant find anything and I cant see the next step in mining equipment either.

I'm using the OF-105 and It's maxed, I reach the max depth when I look at info about the finder. I don't remember what matterfinder I'm using but its a similar one, and I'm maxing that one also.

I'm not using amps, and I try to mine at places where I've got some hits before.
After those years and thousands of dropped bombs, I've got about 5-10 globals probably :/

So my questions:

1. Should I Amp?
2. Should I settle down with my present gear? The next Orefinder that I reach deeper with and also have some skilling period left on is L finders for 400-500 peds... Feels a bit expensive, since I'm not mining that much really.

Perhaps its better to amp my OF-105 with a OA-102 instead?

Best Regards Patrik Peewee Rosen

Got some mining questions...
I've been playing for about 4½ year now, and I've been hunting mostly, but done some mining occasionally.

Though now I've reach a point where I really cant find anything and I cant see the next step in mining equipment either.

I'm using the OF-105 and It's maxed, I reach the max depth when I look at info about the finder. I don't remember what matterfinder I'm using but its a similar one, and I'm maxing that one also.

I'm not using amps, and I try to mine at places where I've got some hits before.
After those years and thousands of dropped bombs, I've got about 5-10 globals probably :/

So my questions:

1. Should I Amp?
2. Should I settle down with my present gear? The next Orefinder that I reach deeper with and also have some skilling period left on is L finders for 400-500 peds... Feels a bit expensive, since I'm not mining that much really.

Perhaps its better to amp my OF-105 with a OA-102 instead?

Best Regards Patrik Peewee Rosen
i am, or was, in a similar situation

i basically hunt but mine a bit by the way
means, i am no miner, so this advice is a bit noobish

about a L finder first, i guess you mean something around 200%

the decay of those is around 3 pec, so at 200% thats 6 pec

compared to a 1 ped bomb that isn't too much
so i doubt the finder will actually cause a real loss if you had a bad run, rather the bombs will

if its worth it, well
i am using a TK120 L atm, and so far i found adomasite, platinum, langotz and i guess some other more or less rare stuff (and ofc lyst at 890m or something :D)

i switched pretty directly to a higher L finder since i used to mine enmatter before and had a higher prof standing already

i don't regret the finder tbh, i think its a pretty good thing to go a bit deeper

to the amp question, well
most of my amped runs were loss (usually around 50 ped loss each)
nor did i global more (i usually used oa101, 2 102, and one 104, no global with 104 at all btw)
the funniest thing is that the average claim size i got without amp was often even higher than with 101 :D
might be just me though, but who knows :)

i have to amit that i only found langotz with oa101 amp so far
but i am trying atm without amp again to see if i can find it again

thats my kinda noobish advice and story :)

Great guide

I have just been reading your guide I have found it very useful. Thank you, keep up the good work.:)

Mining in the water

As long as you are swimming close to the claim marker. Position the camera angle so that you can click on the claim marker and then use extractor tool normally. This worked for me successfully after a few failed attempts earlier on in the game.:)

i am, or was, in a similar situation

i basically hunt but mine a bit by the way
means, i am no miner, so this advice is a bit noobish

about a L finder first, i guess you mean something around 200%

the decay of those is around 3 pec, so at 200% thats 6 pec

compared to a 1 ped bomb that isn't too much
so i doubt the finder will actually cause a real loss if you had a bad run, rather the bombs will

if its worth it, well
i am using a TK120 L atm, and so far i found adomasite, platinum, langotz and i guess some other more or less rare stuff (and ofc lyst at 890m or something :D)

i switched pretty directly to a higher L finder since i used to mine enmatter before and had a higher prof standing already

i don't regret the finder tbh, i think its a pretty good thing to go a bit deeper

to the amp question, well
most of my amped runs were loss (usually around 50 ped loss each)
nor did i global more (i usually used oa101, 2 102, and one 104, no global with 104 at all btw)
the funniest thing is that the average claim size i got without amp was often even higher than with 101 :D
might be just me though, but who knows :)

i have to amit that i only found langotz with oa101 amp so far
but i am trying atm without amp again to see if i can find it again

thats my kinda noobish advice and story :)

Hi Alice!
Thanks for a wonderful guide about mining, got many good advices from U :)

There is only thing I miss, a guide about finders, what to use after the first one and the after that and so on, prize on it, and where is the best place to buy it auction or mall or..? So if anyone knows something and would like to share it to all of us, It would be greate :D

Good luck to all of U
Zita

There is only thing I miss, a guide about finders, what to use after the first one and the after that and so on
that i could try, but i see a problem with it

a soc miner uses a tt finder and some bigger one together (ya, both for ore) and tends to find stuff with different depths close to eachother

so i don't know if the next best depth is necessarily that what you want :)
guess thats for the miner to decide

prize on it, and where is the best place to buy it auction or mall or..? So if anyone knows something and would like to share it to all of us, It would be great :D
that varies too much to be mentioned anywhere

especially prices

and say i would write something like "you can buy it in PA mall, floor 2, shop X", i guess if enough ppl read it that wouldn't be the case for long
(maybe i could get advertisement payment tho :))

Something that could be added is: if you are out doing a mining run.. and happen to come across a contaminated pvp zone and figure you'll run across.. unload your ore before going in..

Luckily I only had about 20 ped worth when i did that without thinking, today, and got blasted by some guy with a big gun :rolleyes:

Something that could be added is: if you are out doing a mining run.. and happen to come across a contaminated pvp zone and figure you'll run across.. unload your ore before going in..

Luckily I only had about 20 ped worth when i did that without thinking, today, and got blasted by some guy with a big gun :rolleyes:
dang, that sucks :(

got it

:yay: 256PED

Thought i'd add a little history here. Especially for those who find mining hard.

Thenk your stars mining is the way it is today.

Many years before when you mined you did nto get an automatic claim rod.

That nifty locator witht eh arrows isn't just to point you the way.

It was literally used for finding the spot for the claim. You had to track it down then stake your claim.

I always liked the anticipation of running to the claim before finding out if it was a global or HOF. There was more of a "rush" to get the find first, then run to spot to see what pops up. :)

Also, mining before amps (if you had a budget like most of us) was much more enjoyable. Most ore claims were Modest. Every bomb or probe had just as much chance of hitting something big - you didn't need to double or triple or 10X your bet just to make it interesting.

Thanks, this was really helpful.
And for the "veins" you describe... it is known that semi-random number generators aren't completely random. All programming languages use semi-random number generators. Unlike real rng like those that use thermal noise, the software based rng show some patterns. Just google "Random numbers fall mainly in the planes" or have a look here. That should explain it.

Great guide, helped me as newcomer to this game.

Ahh

I lost all my mining spots. I am now learning this thing called hunting..........
:rocket:

everywhere is good place, best places are more risky and need good skills too (PvP 4 / Asteroid)

i liked the giude but were should i start mining know any good places to start?

I'm line bombing with my probes at random where ever I can survive, works fine so far.

With the new VU a lot of spots have changed, try compiling your own list from your own experiences and possibly those of your socmates.

This is just a small part of my main guide, you can find the main guide, which is far bigger at my signature
18.3 Miner

Mining divides into ore and enmatter mining. Mining isn’t cheap to skill, but if you got some knowledge in it, like where to find what, you can compensate the “luck”-factor a bit.
The basic stuff can be bought at the trade terminal. Mining skills will give you a higher detection radius and better depth, increasing your chance to find deposits.
Skills in mining, will allow you to find the more rare stuff. So, the better you are skilled, the better is your chance to find the really rare and expensive stones.

18.3.1 The mining process

In both cases you need a detectonator
the tt one for ore
mining_of.jpg

for enmatter
mining_ef.jpg

and an excavator
tt one for ore
mining_om.jpg

for enmatter
mining_em.jpg

And you need the “ammo”.
For ore mining you need bombs, 1 bomb per ped
mining_bomb.jpg

for enmatter you need probes, 2 probes per ped
mining_probe.jpg

Theoretically it means that you have a better chance to find something for the same costs if you mine enmatter, but enmatter findings are usually smaller than the ore findings.

The mining is in both cases similar. You go out in the wilderness (but people also found deposits in or near towns) take your detectonator in your hands and use it. A bomb/probe is planted on the grounds and detonates (you won’t be hurt). After a couple of seconds a window of your detectonator will pop up, with 3 possible results it can tell you:
- “Found x”
That’s nice so far, if you have found something the detectonator will show you with flashing arrows where you have to go.
mining_finder_arrow.jpg

thanks for the help :yay::wtg:

Can you tell me how to start with mining and little to explain to me what is needed in the beginning.
Thanks

Can you tell me how to start with mining and little to explain to me what is needed in the beginning.
Thanks
decide if you want to mine for ore or enmatter

go to a tt and get either enmatter finder, extractor and probes or ore finder, extractor and bombs

go outside and mine :D

Back