Basic Mining Tutorial

In game tutorial.

I just started so I have the advantage of the in game tutorials. Being completely new I am also at a small disadvantage. I found some lyst while doing the tutorial but mining it damaged my extractor. Is there anyway to fix the rookie equipment or do I just waste the rest of the bombs and finish the tutorial quest?

I just started so I have the advantage of the in game tutorials.

Since you are at the gateway, you are just supposed to learn about how things work, not to get a profit. So, just waste the rest for the skills/quest.
The equipment on the gateway has (L) in the name, which means limited. Limited equipment can not be repaired, but always performs as efficiently as possible (depending on your professional level) while unlimited equipment performs less as it decays more and usually has a much higher professional requirement to work efficiently.

You can take those rookie things to Calypso as wel :) they will break very fast, some people try to sell them for profit, but it is like selling sweat or nova fragements...
But I will say try to keep using them untill they break or replace them with real thing. Maybe keep them as funny objects

What the gateway doesnt teach you is the working of Market Value and trading, it is very important you try to mine stuffs with high Market Value

Without Market Value, you will loose money constantly.

-> study the ematter/ore maps of Calypso

-> study the terrains and the mobs around your potential mining routes

-> study the market value of loot.

Those are things will keep you going forever. Do not go after big finds or go uber equipements, it will ruine you easily.

Run like hell and dig fast :)

You can take those rookie things to Calypso as wel :) they will break very fast, some people try to sell them for profit, but it is like selling sweat or nova fragements...
But I will say try to keep using them untill they break or replace them with real thing. Maybe keep them as funny objects

What the gateway doesnt teach you is the working of Market Value and trading, it is very important you try to mine stuffs with high Market Value

Without Market Value, you will loose money constantly.

-> study the terrains and the mobs around your potential mining routes

-> study the market value of loot.

Those are things will keep you going forever. Do not go after big finds or go uber equipements, it will ruine you easily.

Run like hell and dig fast :)
+rep
and let me add:
Be careful with the amps they are higly addictive and they can also ruin you in DT time.

Who/what/where are these maps?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but are there maps of placesmore likely to find something?

Run like hell and dig fast
Pretty good at the running part....
:p

Tippin'

Who/what/where are these maps?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but are there maps of placesmore likely to find something?
Tippin'
afaik the maps are mostly saying where to find what kind of resources, so you can pick the ones with decent markup

likelihood of finding has also to do with the finder i guess, depending on how deep the resources are in that area

but i didnt mine really for ages, so cant say much about that :D

afaik the maps are mostly saying where to find what kind of resources, so you can pick the ones with decent markup

likelihood of finding has also to do with the finder i guess, depending on how deep the resources are in that area

Well gotta break out the obvious and go total newb here....

Where can I veiw these maps?
(I understand the chance for sucess are a miner's risk)

Tippin'
P.S. I have read a TON of your posts, Alice, and all have at very least simplifies a very complex "game" for me.
Except the one I couldn't find about "auto-doubling" all the people's lowball offers to the poor sweaters....lol

Thx...I did bump across a few older maps that I missed before.
Just trying to get a "feel"...
;)

And Alice's (main)guide is awesome.

Tippin'

I'd look for some new maps for LA's and places where to mine. Most places have changed quite a lot.

Here's a link to mining depth charts.

how do you know how far apart to spread the bombs out? i know 106m but how do you know 106m ingame?

im pretty new to this :)

how do you know how far apart to spread the bombs out? i know 106m but how do you know 106m ingame?

You just need to count 1 to 10 slowly, or u can press button "P" to know your exact distance. Let's say, you're starting to run forward 106m ahead. You started at Position (20000, 20000), then, you should stop at (20000, 20106).

You can also have a look at the Little Big Mining Log which will mark your drops on a map with circles and greatly help correctly spreading your drops across the field :) even if you don't go directly in X or Y direction:

www.mininglog.com

i look this site but it not works for me.

You should write more details if you require help on issues or contact our support: support@mininglog.com

If it doesn't set position for you when you press P make sure chat logging is enabled in game ;)

If it doesn't want to run make sure you download the DX and .Net components listed in the download section.

This Tutorial needs to be updated , mining system is now changed.
you are pretty fast, Jing :)

actually, i won't update this tutorial here
considering the tutorial contest, which was supposed to substitute the tutorials already written, still didnt finish, i rather wait til that happened
afterall, since the mining tutorial which i wrote for the contest is now obsolete, i rather choose to substitute that one instead of this one here :)
in case i didnt win, i leave it to the winner to update the new tutorial accordingly

however, i probably have to update my guide :p

besides, if you really still want one, you are welcome to write one yourself :)

besides, if you really still want one, you are welcome to write one yourself :)
Or more preferably for me Alice is, if you pm'd me the password you put on your old guide. Cause without it I cant amend it & would need to start afresh & I think thats is just a waste tbh. If you dont have time to keep constantly change it why not let me or someone else try :). But I still commend you on your efforts Alice! TY.

Or more preferably for me Alice is, if you pm'd me the password you put on your old guide. Cause without it I cant amend it & would need to start afresh & I think thats is just a waste tbh. If you dont have time to keep constantly change it why not let me or someone else try :). But I still commend you on your efforts Alice! TY.
this is about the forum one, if you want you can update the forum one for mining ^^, you can copy and paste the text out from the first post
although it isnt of much use anymore

as for the main guide, i still gonna update it likely, just not as fast anymore
i got way less time nowadays than i used to have
and no, wont give the password for that one, dont see a point in that
if people want to write a big one, they are welcome to do so as well
as long they dont copy mine im pretty ok with that
but its quite a bit of work and i dont think most ppl have the time nor nerve to keep it updated constantly

why i dont let someone else update mine, is easy
its mine :)
i worked on it pretty much since 1 year after i started with PE, i wont give it away that easily
actually Simon asked me once if i want it on the official page, i declined
it is mine, not MAs, not FPCs, not someone elses
and thats the way i want it to be, i am pretty stubborn in that respect
i came through quite a lot of work, testing and trouble with this guide
so i didnt already want MA nor FPC to have any connection with it, nor will i accept other writers on it except me
i spent way too much time on it for that

considering i didnt have to update many things drastically, shows that the basics still work, which was always one of my main goals, to tell the basics
the other thing, helping to determine what to do and how to do things and the effects, especially eco part, even changed less
thus i dont see the main guide that much as outdated, except some cosmetic changes with some new chat window and stuff i would need
still, if it isnt updated, its my choice, which is also what i want to have

i wrote it for my disciples in the first place
now my disciples are long graduates and the mentoring system still isnt back (doesnt mean i will go for mentoring again when it does)
additionally, due to several reasons, my passion for EU itself became way way lower than it used to be
its a combination of me reaching my actual skill goal i had the past 3 years in EU, that my main profession, melee longblades (melee at all) didnt get a decent update after the L stuff ruined it, the way things are handled, plus many of my friends playing way less or not anymore
all of that, additionally to less time, counts to my fairly low mood to update the guide as well
thus, as i said, its my personal choice not to update it, what i want it to be and i want it to stay that way
and if its just a smallish form of protest or expression of my feelings and mood, its the way i want it to be
and since i wrote it, i think thats my right

so its mine, thats how i want it to be :)

edit, as to mining

there are many many questions i have to clear first before i get more into it
e.g.
depth
when does it max?
of prospector sais "not anymore" for SIB, if Surv does? or do both have to be maxed?
currently i have indication that both have to be maxed
what would that mean for depth, say i max surv and depth is maxed but i mine for both, what depth counts for prospecting then?
if you need both, you need to skill both?
similar questions for amps and extractors...

Last edited:
umm dude. this like isnt the same mining o-o :scratch2:

Back