Basic Crafting Tutorial

I think it's also important to start with a good basic filters bp, not a 0.01 one, but a 0.6+.

With the higher success rate you'll win back your initial investment in a short period of time by saving lyst and oil.

So basically... it is rather hard to make a profit from crafting...

but if this is so, nobody would want to craft.

If nobody wants to craft, nobody would want to buy ores.

If nobody wants to buy ores, nobody wants to mine

so... we'll all end up hunting... ?

if you can get your hands on some interesting bps that can produce stuff ppl want (see maddox 4, the rocket launchers, several other L stuff)
and you get your resources at useful prices, and craft the stuff with reasonable cos (here the bpc kicks in, since you have better cos i guess) you can profit

If everyone were thinking logically and were concerned about their peds, yes. But they (we) are not. People use crafting as a high stakes slot machine, throwing thousands of peds into amp or breer crafting in hopes of getting a valuable BP or HoF, which leads to high ore prices.

This also means that the market is flooded with items the "gamblers" are crafting, and their price becomes so low you can't craft them if you want to break even. Other higher level bp's use very rare ingredients that hardly drop at all, which means price to craft is too high.

Unless you are ready to spend 100k peds on your crafting I see very little reason to enter the profession at all. But who knows, maybe one day MA will make crafting the best profession in the world ;).

Last edited:
I hope I will not get punished for necromancy by posting at this rather old topic. I had a question I find rather confusing for me. How is tailoring connected to the crafting. It seems like it`s a stand alone profession but I never saw any threads covering that topic ( or am I a lousy search user?) Should I start off with making basic pattern clothes or should I gain skills by making something else at the beginning?

P.S Thank you Alice for making that amazing guide. It was like holy bible for me before making any steps in Entropia Universe.

P.S 2 I hope the question is not confusing. Excuse me for my english :)

I hope I will not get punished for necromancy by posting at this rather old topic.
:whip:

well, not really

i guess its an everlast or so :p
I had a question I find rather confusing for me. How is tailoring connected to the crafting. It seems like it`s a stand alone profession but I never saw any threads covering that topic ( or am I a lousy search user?) Should I start off with making basic pattern clothes or should I gain skills by making something else at the beginning?
tailoring is roughly the same as crafting

i cover it in my main guide (see signature) a bit more
although you can't use leather to change the pattern of clothes atm

tailoring has several common skills with crafting, like engineering and computer, but bpc doesn't help in tailoring

a useful bp to start, depends on
it helps to have customers for it, and you gotta calc the cost per click

atm the basic pattern pants/shirts might be cheapest, depends on where and how costly you get your resources at

another option for it, but a pretty pricy one, is a reilly boots bp, since the resources for that are fairly cheap and easy to get
the bp however costs quite much

maybe the L bps are interesting too
but i don't skill crafting or tailoring enough to give a real useful "skill that until.." advice

Oh, that makes some things clear. So I should really start to monitor market and auction for both, materials and the stock that I plan to manufacture. And I have heard that scanning robots gives you engineering skill gains? If that`s not a false statement, then I could scan some of them before actually starting to work on my profession.

About that guide of yours. I have read it from first to last letter. It's just tha my avatar is only 2 days old and with all the info I gather, I miss few things :)

Oh, that makes some things clear. So I should really start to monitor market and auction for both, materials and the stock that I plan to manufacture. And I have heard that scanning robots gives you engineering skill gains? If that`s not a false statement, then I could scan some of them before actually starting to work on my profession.

About that guide of yours. I have read it from first to last letter. It's just tha my avatar is only 2 days old and with all the info I gather, I miss few things :)
no engineering according to wiki
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=35

but computer

:D

the tailoring stuff is hidden a bit ;)

This is just the chance that you get something, with higher skills you can move the quantity/quality bar to the right, means your items will have a higher value, so the payback becomes better with high skills, even if the chances for an item will stay the same.

Are you sure that the payout will keep increasing with high skill / high BP quality even if you have passed max COS a long time ago?

Are you sure that the payout will keep increasing with high skill / high BP quality even if you have passed max COS a long time ago?
tbh, i don't know it, i basically guess

when you move the slider to towards quality, the tt of the item if its produced becomes higher
also this will lower your cos

if you get more skills now, your cos increases

and if you say have max cos will full quantity, but are pretty good skilled
you might be able to push the slider towards quality, without losing cos, but with a item, if it is produced, with higher tt

sooner or later the slider will be at max quality, and if your cos is still as good as with max quantity, i guess the item tt wont increase anymore

as i said, basically a guess

I had another n00bie question. I was told by my mentor that skill gain for 1000 clicks of basic filters will be less than if you get 15 clicks in tailoring. ( costs are more or less the same according to current aution info ). Tell me what you think. :)

Last edited:
unlocking bpc

if crafting filters or dampeners only... can anyone say about when is BPC unlocked?

I've yet to find a source that says about when someone can expect it to unlock BPC.

bpc unlocks at level 10 of any manufacturing skill.

Great guide. Gave me a lot of help in the beginning. Funny now that after 18 months I return :)

So, in theory, with carpal tunnel syndrome no doubt, would it be possible at a high enough level (dread to think how high), to have max COS with the slider all the way to quality? The full green bar, maximum quality on Basic Filters?

If so, wouldn't it be possible to effectively make huge amounts of PED, just by dumping oil and lyst through the machine? I mean, I can often beak even on a run with maximum COS and bar at quantity. If I could have max COS with bar at quality, well, I would (in theory) be very wealthy?

I doubt it. I am slowly improving my Basic Filters QR and have not noticed any substantial increase in success rate. For every 10 PED i put in I get around 4.5 PED back plus skills. Does anyone regularly do better than this for Basic Filters?

Well, I finished a filters BP ages ago, got a second up to 30%, another up to 50%, borrowed a standard damper BP with 100% for about 6 months, and now have my own damper up to 50%. There appears to be a very slight shift towards the green when I compare 50% BP's on mech engineer lvl10 and metal engineer lvl5. But I could be imagining it!

Still would like to know how many filters BPs would I have to bring to 100 in order to unlock BPC.
Skilled one up to 52% and i am still level 1.
ok, also skilled differents areas and and almost all level 1 components BPs with SiB up to 30, but still i got a mere 281 in engineering, 42 in mechanics, 75 electronics,Manufacture Electronic Equipment 117 , Manufacture Mechanical Equipment 83 , Electronics 75.
Not asking for a BPC unlock in one day, for two months the progess seems hellish slow.
Also have the feeling, that filters might be the most inexpensive BP for building something, but from effectiveness on skills it seems like it does almost nothing, around 20k lyst/oil maybe gave me 1/10 of that level 1.
Most skill ups came from the BPs with SiB.

Anyone else tried to skill on filters in the past 2 months and could confirm, that the info in the guide is maybe outdated ?

Ok, did some testing (also because do not want a surgery because of the filters )...
500 runs with basic filters gave me around 10 skill ups (raised mechanical equipment from 83 to 87).
100 runs of basic structures gave me around 30 skill ups (raised mechanical equipment from 87 to 96).
Basic filters might be the most cheapest thing to manufacture "something", but surely is not the cheapest way to skill up, at least once you are above level 1 in mechanical equipment.
If one does not want to go for the "expensive" SiB BPs, for me it seems like getting a non SiB BP one level above your profession level is faster and more economical than the old "click till you hand rots off" filters.
Will try if basic coils give as manny skill ups as the structures, or if maybe there is a direct connection of the cost per crafting attempt and the skill up.

If anyone wants also to try and share his findings, it would be very nice :-D

Is there a direct link between the QR and the skill gain? Someone said that to skill u have to use a bp with low QR and that high QR bps give less skill :confused:

Is there a direct link between the QR and the skill gain? Someone said that to skill u have to use a bp with low QR and that high QR bps give less skill :confused:

A skill message does not tell you anything about the value of the skill gain.
The more value the ressources have for one crafting attempt, the higher the true skill gain. I got more skill levels faster on dampers than on filters.

One should really correct this guide, gives the impression it is possible to skill "cheap". Crafting is the most expensive profession to skill.
BPs with SiB are definately the most economical way to skill if one takes the skills gained into consideration with the successful attempts.

Yes, WoenK is right. The value of a skillgain depends on the input of money (resources). So the higher the TT values of input resources the higher the value of skillgains.

Small addition...
Setting filters and dampers to highest addition semms to be a good way to get some skills on those BPs again.
Return rate on long runs seems to be a bit better on long runs (over 1000 clicks), looks like the system pays you back if you loose too often.

But the fastest and most economic way is to use SiB BPs and if one is not in a hurry, one should not restrain to just one kind of crafting. You get engineering skills even from textures.
Best thing is to rinse everything you loot and if the ressources are a bit tight, use BPs you can sell the stuff.

where do i get a blueprint book? :scratch2:maybe is a noob question but i dont know where :(

where do i get a blueprint book? :scratch2:maybe is a noob question but i dont know where :(

Look for technician NPC's. They have white coats and often hang together with auctioneers. :)

aha found them :yay: thx for help :):woohoo:

Aaaand.. My first global.. From crafting standard dampers.. ^^

Thanks a lot for the tuturial..

What is the best choice to go after standard dampers? Maybe durable dampers? ^^

Thanks a lot for the tuturial..

What is the best choice to go after standard dampers? Maybe durable dampers? ^^

Best choice is neither filters nor dampers.
The higher the crafting costs the more you level.
Best choice is a BP with SiB.
Also maybe choose quite early your specialization, components tend to have a very low markup and the possibility to make profit off them is almost non existent.
Guns and armour might be a better choice.

Khm... I`m thinking to start with guns..

What`s the best choice ( I mean on cheapest material )Jester D-1 maybe.. ?

And btw, I`m newbie :scratch2: What is SiB mate? :)

Thanks and +rep for u :)

Khm... I`m thinking to start with guns..

What`s the best choice ( I mean on cheapest material )Jester D-1 maybe.. ?

And btw, I`m newbie :scratch2: What is SiB mate? :)

Thanks and +rep for u :)

Take a look at www.entropiawiki.com.
There you will find all the BPs, which offer Skill Increase Bonus and how much the individual crafting attempt costs :D

Okay.. From those wpn bp`s that I have in wpn book.. Jester D-1 seems to be the cheapest ;)

But I will skill more on components.. `till I unlock Blueprint comprehension ;)

Then I will go on gunZ :D

Thanks again mate ;)

Back