Basic Crafting Tutorial

This is just a small part of my main guide, you can find the main guide, which is far bigger at my signature
18.4 Crafting

For crafting you need a blueprint (bp for short), and the resources, described in it (always refined ones!)

not exactly, some bps use unrefined resources.

not exactly, some bps use unrefined resources.
:eek:

likely some texture bps?

i hope that info was right at least when the guide was written

gotta change "always" to "usually" :D

ty for the info

likely some texture bps?

ty for the info

errrr not realy;)

2350 uses magerian myst
:)
but nice job anyway

likely some texture bps?

ty for the info

Could you maybe also include that, in the long run, it is cheaper to craft using a BP with SiB ?
Those filters and dampers did cost me a hell lot of PEDs and even more time than necessary.

And thanks for the guide, cleared out a lot for me also in the beginning :D

Last edited:
thanks for the insights of the tutorial:D it helped me a lot

Drag the blueprint in the book, by doubleclick opens the book and with a rightclick at the blueprint you can see under stats what resources you need to start manufacturing. Also it shows the quality rating of it. This Quality rating has influence of your chance of success too.

I think it might be helpful to end this paragraph with the line "As you use a blueprint, its quality rating will gradually increase until it reaches 100."

That is sort of implied later in the guide, but making it explicit might save some confusion. It is probably very obvious to anybody who has been crafting for awhile, but I know it took a long time for me to figure out on my own that was the case.

BTW - These guides have saved me huge amounts of time, money, and frustration.

thanks for this basic tips...

I'm not sure if I understud one thing - quality of BP increases faster if you set a bar to "quality"?

And another one - I understand that if you put in residue in your window you get gigher TT for non-stackables (weapons, amps). But does this work for for all items or only for L items?

I'm not sure if I understud one thing - quality of BP increases faster if you set a bar to "quality"?

And another one - I understand that if you put in residue in your window you get gigher TT for non-stackables (weapons, amps). But does this work for for all items or only for L items?
first question i can't answer, i don't craft really

but the residue to increase to tt should work for any non stackables

it is basically useless to use 110% residue to bring the tt of an item higher you can repair for 100% :D

From my own experiance you get more skills on "condition" than on "quantity" (If only slightly) so it would be in keeping with this that the BP QR went up faster too. However, i suspect the vastly reduced returns on "condition" would result in a higher cost to get to 100qr, but you would do it faster.

This would be even more true if using a skilling BP like dumpers, as they have fixed "condition" anyway. As I see it the only real use of the condition bar is to get globals. In most cases, it's probably cheaper to go on quantity as it can either be repaired in the TT, of have the TT boosted with residue.

On the other hand if skilling on non-stackables, like settler shins, you are probably better off on "quantity" otherwise you end up with 100's in your inventory, and it takes ages to TT them.

Opinions only, as I have no figures to back them up.

From my own experiance you get more skills on "condition" than on "quantity" (If only slightly) so it would be in keeping with this that the BP QR went up faster too. However, i suspect the vastly reduced returns on "condition" would result in a higher cost to get to 100qr, but you would do it faster.

This would be even more true if using a skilling BP like dumpers, as they have fixed "condition" anyway. As I see it the only real use of the condition bar is to get globals. In most cases, it's probably cheaper to go on quantity as it can either be repaired in the TT, of have the TT boosted with residue.

On the other hand if skilling on non-stackables, like settler shins, you are probably better off on "quantity" otherwise you end up with 100's in your inventory, and it takes ages to TT them.

Opinions only, as I have no figures to back them up.

did some testing with a maxed SiB BP (QR and skill wise), and there was absolutley no difference in skills.
From my experience the QR also does not climb faster on condition.
Return rate seems to be not that good on higher condition but sooner or later it evens out, although on condition it is rather "very much later" .

...and even after almost a year I can not often enough state:
NEVER EVER SKILL ON USELESS NON-SIB BPs :D
If it is cheap to make, you will get less skills. More tries, high failure rate for less skills means higher losses.
Make something useful you can sell, a markup of 101% still reduces your losses by that 1%.
Dont rush to higher level BPs too fast either, freshly unlocked BP also has a higher failure rate. Stick to a BP until the next higher one gives at least a bit of higher CoS because of skills.

age old question

All of this leads to the age old question of when to sell your maxed out BP's. Should we sell at 100 qr, or when the SIB is no longer valid? For that matter on stackables should we sell at all or just push further into quality? Never ending questions that seem to have no solid answers. :confused:

bp books

Where do you get bp books? find bp's easily enough and ingredients but not the books, pleaseadvise. :scratch2:

ok coolies, how do you know this info is accurate??

I thought the chances of success were secret?

Hi all...

I want to tell u someting about my crafting..now i know many going to say SALSA U F-KING IDIOT!!! but it wont matter..ok here it comes..i did start my crafting direct from 101ligth oreamp..and have done them allday and nigth :)
but now i can say it was good trip i did spend lot peds but if i did spend today 400ped to amps they where like saving in bank :) when i did go very down in peds my last card in hand was amp ;) and when i did put my last 30-50ped to them i did get hofs,globals it did work for me in total i have get same back what i have used i think...but its luck nothing else..dont have BPC skill,im lvl6 attacment crafter but still have get peds back and losed them in other stuff xD
..PLEASE DONT TRY THIS ON U GAMING..IF U HAVE 1KPEDS IN 30MIN IT CAN BE 0PED..dont blame me if u try this..

what is the profitable BluePrint these Days.

not sure, but I'd say the CLD blueprint works well for Mindark. For participants, not sure, maybe welding wire, ul bp?

I like my guide better. It's simpler than all the rest.

Step 1: Deposit lots of money
Step 2: Spend lots of time doing various crap
Step 3: Get very little in return
Step 4: Goto Step 1

There. See? Very simple.

while crafting I had two icons. one said gained a blueprint. the other said discovered new blueprint. can't tell what I discovered if it means anything.

while crafting I had two icons. one said gained a blueprint. the other said discovered new blueprint. can't tell what I discovered if it means anything.

you looted a new blueprint while crafing. look in your BP tab in inventory and you will see it

Back