Island Girl goes "To the Club"

The EULA must be respected and it is very honorable of you to accede to this under the circumstances. Like many others I am saddened by this news. Every rule has an exception and, in this case, Island Girl is certainly that exception. She is not merely and avatar. She is a legend of extraordinary stature. The fact that new colonists, such as myself, knew her name before ever landing on Calypso, stands in testamony to that fact. Although it would have been nice of MA to put their creativity to work to come to a compromise in this matter that is agreeable to you, the nature of life is change. We can still look positively to the fact that we can visit Memorial Island and that she is still with us in the video. May her essence continue to shine brightly.

Hugs,
Aliana

R.I.P Island Girl

I had never met her but upon visiting the memorial for the first time and seeing we were born 1 day apart and also being a very musical person I was especially touched.

To Neverdie my formal and sincere condolences.

I had the honor of meeting Island Girl on my way to PvP 2 in Nymphtown. She was one of the nicest and sincere person I have ever met.

Bye IG, I visit the shrine weekly, just for the few memories....:wave:
Sorry to here about this... but, I guess we all have to live by the rules.

My condolences,
Pele

I never had a chance to meet Island Girl, although I know she has touched the lives of so many. Whether as a true friend, fellow PE resident or as a lost freelancer who stumbles across her shrine. She will remain a important part of the worlds that she has left behind, forever young & beautiful long after most us have gone.
My thought are with you as it couldn't have been a easy decision to make.
Take care
Rowdoc

I have been formally notified that it is deemed that my continued use of Island Girls avatar is in Violation of Mindarks' prohibition of the use of Multiple Avatars and the transference of an Avatar to another Person.

I suppose (for some reason) they officially changed their stance on the issue from some time last year. As explained by them, in this rare particular instanse, it was quite legal (for legal reasons) to keep the avatar..

MA Support said:
Hi,
We understand that this can cause confusion. However, since the Entropia Universe Account is an asset as any other assets, the account will be part of the estate inventory after a person dies. The heirs can then decide whether they want to continue running the Account or if the want to cancel it.

Sorry they changed their stance on the issue.

All the best dude. Island Girl, her shrine and her story gave this place some depth and feeling. At least we still got the shrine. And no-one can say that Warants get any special priviledges.

i thought they allowed u to use island girl due to .. ehm "special reasons"

James (Guardians of Valhalla)

Sorry to hear all this Neverdie... Found all this stuff, (memorial island) and the other memorials, quite interesting and wonderfull. Been meaning to talk to you when we had the chance... You see I got to marry my island girl... And she is now a gamer chick with me. She likes coming to cnd and mine with me. So don't let it get you down... The memories will remain forever and she will not be lost to us... We'll see you around from time to time.

didnt meet her.. i wish i could tho. i'm sure she'll always be in many ppl's hearts.. even for those like me who didnt know her. this thread made me shed some tears.. really srry ND:( RIP Island Girl

I never got the chance to meet her either, but I pay my respects frequently to her shrine as a real person does in a grave. She will be immortalized in the game as well as real life as the "gamer chick". in future generations I will make sure the legend lives on...

Island Girl you will be forever in our hearts.

Wow.. I can understand just how hard this is for all of you to reply too... I myself, never met Island Girl but having met ND several times and getting to know him, I can only imagine just how special she was. I spend all my time on CND, the Gamer Chick video is and has been one of my biggest insperations up there and I can safely say, that will never change.

Island Girl will live on in my heart, as she will in everyone's heart she has touched, whether that be in person, through a video, or as like many who enter the domes as many times a day as I do, through seeing her memory tribute in the message/information box.

My heart felt wishes go out to you ND and may Island Girl RIP forever.

Sincerly
Jack Scudd Samuels

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

this was some days ago when i first found this place, i did not know who she was, did not know anything while i did this, but i understood that something bad had happend, so i had a silent moment while doing this... now ive searched EF and found out a little bit..

RIP Island Girl!

When i was playing this game just for a few weeks, I found a thread about Tina, that made me get some tears in my eyes. It was about someone stealing items placed at the shrine.
It was the first time I heard about her, and it made me want to find this place called memorial island. Well, it took me a while, cause i was very noobish and didn't know about the continent Amethera yet:)
When I found it, I was very impressed. She must have been very special to many, many people.

Neverdie, my respect for how you have dealt the loss of someone you must have loved very much and still do.
I recently heard someone special in my life has a terminal disease, and I can only hope I have same strength to deal with it.

RIP Island girl

R.I.P. Island Girl..

although i didnt know her reading about here already gives a picture about what kind of person she was loved in many ways by other eu players

rest in peace island girl

you will always be in the memories of all the entropia players

R.I.P Island Girl

What dmg did she do ?

She will always be around us anyway R.I.P

.........And tho the one that made a suport case about it ...you not worth more now then you always has :mad:

I joined well after the shrine was built and never met her ghost.
But the shrine is very special and touching - I like to visit it.

Now she can always be at the club and can dance for infinity.

Rest In Music Island Girl

I passed by her island last night. Clicked on the statue.

It is painful to lose somebody you love. It doesn't seem real.

I wish I had the privilege to meet her too.

Speachless....

ND (Jon)
you got me all emotional
Although i never met her, I know the story....
So we will cherish Tina a.k.a "island girl" in our hearts 4-ever.

Love allways Pink Pussycat
A.K.A Trijntje

respect

my first visit to memorial island started bad as i saw a noob run off with all the stuff that was there and then trying to sell it so with the small resources i have i tried to fix it up a little bit again isnt there a way that what is dropped cant be picked up again ? that would be nice :) then after a while she would get the decoration she really deserves this is a screen of the statue after i fixed it up i hope you like it island girl :) rest in peace

Rest In Peace Island Girl

I wish i had the privelage of meeting you.

R.I.P Island Girl

I just joined a few months ago, so I'm not even going to pretend I have any idea what the hell is going on, and this post is so late that if you had any hurt from the action this post will not help you with closure. But from what I can tell, people have great memories of Island Girl. Memories may fade, but I don't think this one will. A monument has been erected for her, which clearly shows that she has touched so many people that she will never be forgotten, but rather her story will be passed on from player generation to player generation, untill she becomes an Entropian legend.

God bless.:saint:

Well I went to the memorial island as it was the first I'd heard about Island Girl and I was touch by the whole thing, only to find a few ME were around so I placed some myself in respect of her memory, I returned to show my friend and there was nothing left everything had been taken, so I placed some more down and while I was there with my friend Benglar a avatar named Mickey Orion from the Calypso Rum Brewery came over and began to pick up the ME and they run off I approached him and said I would report him as I think its a disgrace, MA should do something about items that are left within the memorial are there forever and can't be picked up.

R.I.P Island Girl

Although actions such as this seem foul, please remember not to name and shame as forum rules require.

During my time in Entropia my path unfortunately never crossed with Island Girl. However I believe that she was more than willing to help others, and I believe would look kindly upon someone who has nothing and takes from items left by others.

It's my understanding that items left are a monument to her generosity - not an Egyption afterlife item supply. You respect her generosity by allowing her to continue giving to others.

For the person who takes when they have no need, they have that sitting on their conscience.

Too bad that MindArk can not or will not make her avatar into another "civilian" type. She could be the official greeter at CND with "welcome to Club Neverdie" and similar responses when clicked on.

Regards
Susan

Back