Who is 711?

Site Admin
Admin
The time has come for me to reveal my EU avatar name. When first taking over EntropiaForum, I had hoped to keep my EU life and forum duties separate. My reasons for this were primarily so that I could continue to enjoy my activities within EU without constantly being bombarded with forum related requests while trying to hunt and enjoy my (considerable) time spent in EU every day.

Also, given the competitive nature of many activities in EU (such as PKing, Land Grab, item-seeking and trade, etc.) I perceived there was a chance some people would hold in-game grudges against me on the forum, which might disrupt the EF community. I thoroughly enjoy the role-playing aspect of EntropiaUniverse (I have played RPGs and Real-time strategy games online for over 10 years), and had hoped, perhaps unrealistically, to be able to keep my various roles of involvement in the EU community separate.

However, it has become apparent that keeping my identities separate is no longer feasible, nor desirable. In the context of EF, I hope that all the members of EntropiaForum will judge my ability to administrate this forum based on my actions on the forum itself, not within EntropiaUniverse. I have spent a considerable amount of time and resources over the past 3 months (to the detriment of my EU hunting schedule) to add features and upgrade EntropiaForum, including new forum software, new site designs, expanding the forum staff, and adding many new tools and features. This is an ongoing process, and I am very excited with some of the upcoming additions to EntropiaForum currently in the works. I will continue to use all of the resources at my disposable to ensure that EntropiaForum remains the most active and full-featured community resource for EntropiaUniverse.

So, who is 711?

This may not come as a surpise to some, since it has not exactly been top-secret classified information:

711's EU identity is Flerin neomaven Flerinson.

Again, I hope that my record thus far in managing EntropiaForum speaks for itself. I have done my very best to remain objective when making moderation decisions. I am, however, human and therefore not without mistakes. Many times I have sought the advice of MindBuster when faced with a tough decision, and often have deferred to his judgement and considerable experience in running EF to arrive at the fairest decision possible. I am extremely dedicated to my duties as owner/administrator of EF, as I am a fanatical believer in the tremendous potential of EntropiaUniverse. I think this year will be a breakout year for EU, mainly due to the great improvements MindArk has recently shown in their promotion of our beloved universe, as well as the plans for the future they have announced. I expect both EU and EF to grow faster than ever before, and I believe that by year's end, we will all be amazed at the growth of EU, and new directions available to all of us.

**NOTE**
All future discussions, comments and debate relating to my ownership of EntropiaForum should be conducted in this thread. Any discussions outside of this thread (e.g. in EU-related subforums) will be deleted. We must remember that EntropiaForum is a forum dedicated to EntropiaUniverse, not to itself. I would hate for this announcement to unduly distract our members from what this forum exists for: discussion and idea sharing related to EntropiaUniverse.

In order to keep my head screwed on straight, and to help members avoid confusion when reading my posts, I will use the 711 forum account when performing EF admin related tasks, and the neomaven EF account when discussing EU related things. I fully expect the moderators to treat neomaven as any other member, and to moderate or delete posts according to forum rules. :laugh:

Finally, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful staff of EntropiaForum: MindBuster, Skam, MindStar9, Kjetil and our newest, Jimmy B. Their efforts allow me to focus much of my time on enhancing EF, and I really feel they do a wonderful job keeping the peace on the forum, which is never easy on one as large as EF. Often times the job of a forum moderator is a thankless one, and the improved experience they help provide to us all when browsing the forums may not always be apparent. They deserve all of our support and gratitude, for without their volunteer efforts, I am certain EF would be a much more confusing and hostile place. :cheer:

Last edited:
kewl your doing a good job7neo11

woot good to finally know who`s ingame shoes to shine :yay:
and yay I get to mod teh boss... mwhahahahahahhahahahha. ahem.

Cool...
And should there be any more to say ?

thanks for letting the community know the worst kept secret around(chuckle)... also great job with the forum

Often times the job of a forum moderator is a thankless one, and the improved experience they help provide to us all when browsing the forums may not always be apparent. They deserve all of our support and gratitude, for without their volunteer efforts, I am certain EF would be a much more confusing and hostile place. :cheer:
hint ? :rolleyes:

thank you, to the mods and to you
but still, this hide and seek game wasn't really necessary ;)

Professional

711 - with all due respect - I think you and your team are doing and have done a fantastic job in this Forum. This has been a very successful link with the EU setup that has offered incredible advice, tutoring, rants and raves and good material to help out almost every level of player from nOObs to Ubers.

When peds and ammo are low, the next best place to hang out is right here in the Forum. Actually learn a lot here and have come to enjoy every moment.

Once again, from me and I am sure everyone else - a big Thank You to you and your outstanding team! :wtg:

It's about time you had some fun in EU - so gl and keep the good work going - respect :bowdown:

Nice decition 711. I hope you can keep forums - game separated so you'll have a nice time ingame. Good luck and nice job on the forum :)

Doing a great job on the forum and helping the community!

+Rep!

Thanks for the honesty, really being a mod/admin can be incredibly testing at times, i speak from expierence and its not an easy task.

Onwards and upwards

So u finally came out of the closet eh? ;)

Well... welcome i guess :cool:

Good decision Neo, best of luck!

Breaking news! :eek:

Ok, maybe not...

I don't exactly agree with the original secrecy but I do wish you luck with the forum. ;)

Was that so hard? :scratch:

Keep up the good work. Afraid I don't have time these days to look at this forum, it's simply to time consuming for me now. I rarely get to play even.

But GL with your endeavors.

Noye: Typos are alcohol and sleep deprived related :wtg:

You did't exactly drop a bomb on us ;)

Now get wiki and you got a kick as EU site :dunce:

As I kind of alluded to in the 'what do you think of the mods' thread, I think revealing yourself is a good move. It was such a non secret at this point taht it was silly to keep it going anyway.

The important thing is that "711" has been doing a great job with EF, why shouldn't the real you, neomaven, get the credit?

:D ... Really nice job of exhaling! Welcome to the light! ... :D

so wait.. all this time you have been breaking the EF rules :eek: shame on you...

using 2 active screennames :sniper:

:silly2:

oooh well, glad you finally decided to let yourself out of the closet :)

so wait.. all this time you have been breaking the EF rules :eek: shame on you...

using 2 active screennames :sniper:

:silly2:

oooh well, glad you finally decided to let yourself out of the closet :)

well, he did give the mods permission to mod neomaven avatar, so perhaps I should ban him? :D

heeehee... *looks down*

and in other news...

the world is round...
we finally made it to the moon...
and diet dr. pepper really DOES taste more like dr. pepper...

:laugh:

So rule against multiple accounts is removed now.

Nice to meet you again, neomaven :cool:

You've been doing great work here, and the enhancements you have made to this forum are very nice.

Perhaps now would be a good time to say thanks to you and all of the EF moderators who regularly put so much of their time into making this wonderful resource available to the EU community. :bowdown: :computer:

Keep up the good work, and good luck. :)

So who is Neomaven ? :scratch2: ;)

Keep up the good work :D

and in other news...

diet dr. pepper really DOES taste more like dr. pepper...

:laugh:

Scary but true - and I love the diet better.... :laugh:

On the flip side, privacy in running a Forum is acceptable - I think 711 has done it right. Anyone who runs a website will know how tangled "stuff" can get, so props to 711 in here, and as far as in game goes - we all in it and its fair game! ;)

Well, as someone who posts under a different name to my EU avatar I certainly understand your reasoning for wanting to stay anonymous. But I do think its best for the forum that you've announced who you are, and not just because everyone knew anyway ;)

Hopefully it will work out well and won't affect your day-to-day running of the forum or your enjoyment of EU.

Personally think you're doing a great job. The new additions to the site have been great and I'm glad you've kept on Mindbuster and his excellent staff who did a great job of running the forum prior to your arrival. Also glad you've given me permission to moderate neomaven's posts...seeing as I already did :D

Best wishes,

Jimmy.

we finally made it to the moon...

I know a few people who debate that point ;)

So rule against multiple accounts is removed now.

No. End of story.

Kind of a Clark Kent / Superman thing...the only person that thought the Clark Kent disquise was a good one, was Superman. :D

Any way, glad to get that cleared up.

Welcome to the Light.

And I echo the comments about EF, its growing up and its good to see the management team of MB and Neo working hard to keep it growing.

To the Mods, keep up the good work. Heck even I step of the path of good once in a while.... ;)

PS...711, PM sent....

doh I guess this means all the PM's I sent to other soc leaders about our strategies for the LG's vs Warants are now foiled :(

:rolleyes:

must be a weight lifted finally confirming the roumers GL :)

doh I guess this means all the PM's I sent to other soc leaders about our strategies for the LG's vs Warants are now foiled :(

:rolleyes:

Admins cannot (and wouldn't if we could) read any members private messages.

Back