Entropia Universe Guides

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Universe Guides
5 Jan 2007

The Entropia Guides will arrive in Port Atlantis next week. They can easily be recognised by their official blue MindArk outfits and by the yellow stars above their heads. Their primary task will be to maintain a presence at the landing site and welcome new colonists to the Entropia Universe.

Time permitting, the Guides will also be able collect tips and ideas about new comer issues, questions and problems. They won't however be able to take bug reports or answer any questions about system dynamics.

More...

Sounds like less of those "what do i do here?" and similar questions in the PA-area. I guess those guides need some motivation-shots for the noobs :D

You gained experience in Being motivated

Entropia Universe Guides
5 Jan 2007

The Entropia Guides will arrive in Port Atlantis next week. They can easily be recognised by their official blue MindArk outfits and by the yellow stars above their heads. Their primary task will be to maintain a presence at the landing site and welcome new colonists to the Entropia Universe.

Time permitting, the Guides will also be able collect tips and ideas about new comer issues, questions and problems. They won't however be able to take bug reports or answer any questions about system dynamics.

Awesome move by MA if you ask me :)

Unfotunatly, my faverit pastime of hanging out at the noob arival will not be the same :rolleyes: I normaly hang out and help the noobs, and now I'll feel like I'm in competition with MA, and I would not want that :laugh:

So, MindArk is listneing to us after all :) Way to go, and please keep it up. Entropia is the future :yay:

They better implement some better mentoring system which is more rewarding for both sides... could save them the time of having receptionists there .... "writing" a proper manual might help as well ... :rolleyes:

could be interesting

either this is terribly bad and the final and fatal back stabbing towards mentors

or it will help more ppl to stay

or both ?

hm, will be interesting

merged the threads :)

I saw it at lunch time at work, but cant post from work, so clicked it to post and found yours instead! :laugh: Exact same titles...:silly2:

i hate to be a bummer, but i hope these people know anything about how the game is actually played. just because they may or may not work for MA doesn't mean anything. lets hope they work for MA at least, and not outsourced to india for a dollar an hour. besides that, how much WILL they be paid? are they paid? i really question the long term on this project.

and i agree a manual would be an almost better solution.

i haven't mentored so i don't take any offense at these new folks, but i just wonder who is going to want to stand in that tiny launchpad 24/7 and chat up CLUELESS new players looking for a quick buck. maybe they will weed out the '70%' that quits anyway right away.

"no you can't make money without work in this game, and what you can earn amounts to pennies unless you are willing to deposit, and even then you run the risk of losing everything because you are new and don't know the ropes. Good luck!" - ma avatar

"ummmmm. i am going to play [insert any other game here] instead, this sounds too tough/stupid. i wanted a quick buck like the ads for the game stated. :(" - clueless noob

First, great that MA is doing this, as I said earlier, the game is still kinda in late beta stage, so they are adding key portions on the fly.

Having real life in game presence will do wonders for the noobs, and even possibly low level players.

I am sure they will do a guide at some point as well, but overall great to see they listen.

(There I stuck up for MA, can I have my promised ATH now please:))

In RL, amongst other things, i write technical manuals.

From MA's view of point, a detailled manual is "harmful", if you target short term goals.

Each mistake you do (because you do not know the game mechanics) is a loss of ped = gain for MA.

Well. What I wish to say is: A clear, precise manual about the game mechanics is the least to expect.

I guess, for Entropia, it would cost about 2-4000 Euro.

Before someone argues about the height: That is indeed how much it will cost the least. I should know it.

They better implement some better mentoring system which is more rewarding for both sides... could save them the time of having receptionists there .... "writing" a proper manual might help as well ... :rolleyes:

Back