Status

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
Silverfox
-a Bridge Investor

[wrap="left"]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/silver.gif[/wrap]
"We are simply giving normal people the chance to invest in companies the same way really rich people do -without having millions to start with!"

"Its a very simple concept" he explains "and finance is astonished this hasnt been done yet.
Say, MindArk's emission is 30,000,000 SEK. This could easily be put in by one millionaire, but if 3000 people come together and invest 10,000 SEK each it would be the same!"

Silverfox is in one of the leading positions in Bridge Investor's, the company that now is making a deal with MindArk about buying stocks. He's also 60, retired, got a successful marrige and 5 grandkids. He discovered Project Entropia via the swedish finance-newspaper "Dagens Industri" in an article about Deathifier buying Treasure Island. "It said you could make money in here, and as a businessman and investor I got curious about this, and wanted to check out if MA was worth the money"

Asia next!

Milkey is the name of his ingame mentor, and they seemed to have connected quite well. "This Virtual Reality takes some time to understand, a good mentor is a necessity. Without it, it's a good chance that people will quit" He had tried to get help from people when Milkey came along. "I met silverfox in Port Atlantis, in his settler armor and tt-enblades. It was instinct to tell him of his mistakes" Milkey explains. Silverfox has completed his diciplehood, and Milkey got a poor gift, a bleacher. Silverfox bought him a ML-35 as payment for good work. "He's very generous" Milkey says. "Well, without Milkey I would have had great problems" Silverfox responds, "nobody listens to a noob. But noobs are unsung heros."
There will be a great need of more mentors in the future. "When this game goes to Asia there will be SO many new people joining!" Seeing this need, Milkey and another player Gordito is trying to set up a society that will be almost like a education camp.
Before I get to ask the question on why he says so many from Asia will join, Silverfox beats me to it. "You do know that those 30M SEK will be used to advertising in Asia and getting new servers? Mindark is aiming for the Nasdaq or Hong Kong market!" "If the richest man in China made his money from a MMO... I think this game will explode over there" Milkey adds.

A new island?
[wrap="right"]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/lil.jpg[/wrap]
"I got a wonderful idea from Milkey. As a amphibious officer its about a island, naturally. He's full of ideas that should be very easy to implement! Where did all the old mobs go? recycle them for instance!" "Exactly", Milkey responds "Bringing back things like hogglos, warlocks, behemoths..." The rumors are that Mindark are saving them for events, I say. "This island could be a event!" silverfox says and blinks. "I want it to be many things" Milkey says "I want it to be a thriving commerce, shops all around, homes.. and offcourse -the perfect huntinggrounds! This is just 5% of what I have in mind"
-so will this be player owned? "Player owned and operated!" milkey says, and smiles. I ask if Bridge will have anything to do with it. "No, bridge has no direct interest in the game itself. Bridge is just believing in the game industry, and they are ready to operate in this business. I am playing this for my own joy and money." Silverfox answers. "And to clear things up -No, the supremacy armor was not a gift from Mindark. I bought it from Skalman."
But wouldnt an extra island be taking the charm away from Deathifiers' Treasure Island? "That would be like calling the new shed areas a charm stealer. Its all about expanding and keeping up with the market" milkey explains, "If Asia comes in here, I would imagine 100+ people in every city at the same time." "His business is his business, I want a island full of action!" says silverfox.

Not a pyramid
So can anyone be a member of MA? "Yes and no. You must at least have a little money to start off with. Normally a person is recommended into Bridge -and the membership has a 6month trial first. We admit to 7000 active investors in Sweden, I think about 4000 in Norway and 300 000 from Europe. If we bring in too many investors we will not have cases good enough for all." silverfox explains. "but now we are recruiting to raise our investing capability"
-Alot of players has been speculating if BI is a pyramide-scheme... "I wont go into that discussion... its okay by the financeinspection in Sweden and I can tell you its not a pyramid game. I joined for three reasons: 1) I have full control over my money 2) I have full control over my money and 3) I have full control over my money. I invest when and if I want, I can sell the shares if and when I want -BUT we talk about Venture Capital so there is always a risk -no guarantee."
Milkey continures "A pyramid scheme requires more people to join for you to make money. This is not true for Bridge. You invest your own money and make your own back if I understand silverfox correctly."
"Yes, as I said, we will stop recruiting. Investment is 99% of the business."

www.mybridgeportal.com

Last edited:
welcome silverfox :p

man you gave someone a real mentoring hof :D

very interesting i have to say :)

Interesting, and may give new opportunities to the game.
If I can ask, which return of investment is expected?
Why Asia (please, not the usual answer-> Asia = huge market)?

Kay said:

Well, not many people living in Asia play this game, at least not many that i know. It seems that many, if not the majority of players originate from USA or Europe.

Asia IS a huge market, but very few people from over here play PE so I think its a wise move in aiming at the Asian market ;)

i'm not really sure if the average asian person would like PE. Correct me if i'm wrong but do most asians not like fantasty style games like Final Fantasty or hack and slashs ones like Onimusha.

Might not be the case in the targetet asian market, but a great deal of the asain market oes not have the economy as Europe and the states, so would asia be as interesting a market for PE as it is for other non real life money games ?

I would love to see $5mill being invested in new servers and things to improve PE, which I also thing will give PE a better place on the market.
But not sure if spending millions on adds for the asian market would be the right thing to do.

Another thing is that in my mind PE is still a beta game, way to many bugs.
So what would happen if 500K asain people joins in?

Kay said:

Hi!
Thanks for your question.
Bridge goal is that the investment in the chosen cases in average should generate 3-4 times invested money per year.
Every single case sometimes will give more - sometimes less - sometimes nothing. Remember this i venture capital - no guarantee (but sure better then lottery ;)
/Silver

interesting article.. welcome silverfox, i have met milkey ingame few times, and we have had interesting convos aswell ;)

I wonder how much in % of MA shares is this 30 000 000 SEK ?
Im not sure that i'll be happy if some hmmm company from Belize buys
over 50% of MA and then goes bankrupt after few months...

Euroman said:
Might not be the case in the targetet asian market, but a great deal of the asain market oes not have the economy as Europe and the states, so would asia be as interesting a market for PE as it is for other non real life money games ?

I would love to see $5mill being invested in new servers and things to improve PE, which I also thing will give PE a better place on the market.
But not sure if spending millions on adds for the asian market would be the right thing to do.

Another thing is that in my mind PE is still a beta game, way to many bugs.
So what would happen if 500K asain people joins in?

Hi!
Thanks for your opinion.

/SilverFox

Last edited:
Ateush said:

Hi
You have misunderstood.
Bridge doesnt buy all those shares in MA.
Bridge coordinates for ordinary people to buy shares in interesting companies - MA is one.
So it is people like you and me that now can buy shares in an early stage (Venture Capital) from interesting companies through brokers and hopefully profit when we sell them.
/SilverFox

I find this all rather troubling.

From what I understand. I can apply for membership to this 'group'. If I am accepted, I run a 6 month trial, (doing what I wonder) after which point I can purchase an investment. My chances are better if I am 'Invited'

It all seems rather FreeMason-ish to me.

I'm concerned about the money leaving the game too, sure MA gets money in from this, but if the expected return for the investor is up to 400% per year, that's a lot of money leaving MA's pockets.

So tell me, what am I misunderstanding here?

Ateush said:

Hi
Thanks for your opinion.
I think I must correct you a little.
IF BRIDGE GOES BANKRUPT IT DOESNT AFFECT MINDARK.
It is ordinary people like you and me that have "loaned (that is a bad word - but I cant find a better one)" MA our money.
The shares is a kind of reciept (IOU) that we personally own and can sell or keep as we wish....
By investing in MA shares we help MA to "upgrade" this game.
I am sure that the company will use the money that invest in them in a wise way. They have stayed in business for a long time already...
/SilverFox

Last edited:
So Bridge acts like an investment bank, they get investors, these ordinary people, pool their money, and buy shares in Mindark PE AB, if share value goes up, the investors make profit, as does Bridge.

But I thought that all of Mindark PE AB isn't a listed company on the stock market?

And where does your 400% ROI come from?

SilverFox said:
Hi
Thanks for your opinion.
I think I must correct you a little.
IF BRIDGE GOES BANKRUPT IT DOESNT AFFECT MINDARK.
It is ordinary people like you and me that have "loaned" MA our money.
The shares is a kind of reciept (IOU) that we personally own and can sell or keep as we wish....
By investing in MA shares we help MA to "upgrade" this game.
I am sure that the company will use the money that "loan" them in a wise way. They have stayed in business for a long time already...
/SilverFox

Mindark went bankrupt shortly after Project Entropia went gold.

First of all,I am amazed that someone bothered to interview this "investor". But ok ok..maybe someone wants to hear about these "people". You wont go into details about if its a pyramid scheme or not. Fine, I guess but why is the company located in Belize when basically everyone is european? Ah wait,harder to track tax incomes. Oh well,lets enter the bridge website

"Welcome,do you wanna invest in the same companies that made rich people richer?Do you wanna join a network of investors?"

Wow,pyramid scheme deja vu. They all themselves "networks".Coincidence perhaps,but lets continue the tour. After the intro I see the BIGGEST MOST COMMON THING IN PYRAMID SCHEMES

"As a member of bridge you get the rank Agent and you get points for new members you recruit,or when you train Agents that produces points themselves.Points can be traded weekly for cash"

Hold on,you recruit people?And then they produce points for you while you can choose to be passive?Oh boy,this is a pyramid scheme.Thank God for morons who publish this info on a webpage visitors can see. They are avoiding 1 big rule though by using a exception.This all would be ILLEGAL if there was a joining fee. There isnt,but you have to invest 7500+ SEK into a bridge recommended company as a member according to the tour so I guess thats the "fee" of getting into the "cool group of people doing nothing on top getting paid for the noobs under them"

Oh well,this is as much info I can get as a non member.

So Mr. Bo Stahlsparre (Silverfox). This isnt a pyramid scheme although it has pretty much every trademark of one?.You my friend,is busted

Now is the time when I wonder if I should contact the financial inspection or not :nana:

Corect me if Im completly out in the wilderness here but as I understand this is a regular investment deal u are running. One of the companies you are supposed to invest in is MA and there is/will be other companies aswell! So where does the PE play its part? As I recon not any stockmarket as of today accepts ped´s for payment. To me this investment company is actually going to be active in the real-world stockmarket and there for it´s completly wrong forum advertising, I cant see how this is related to the gameplay at all?
Hopefully ppl understands what my point is since I got quite confused reading the replys and the on-going discussion.
If Im wrong so sorry but I need sum explanation

Dirk said:
I find this all rather troubling.

From what I understand. I can apply for membership to this 'group'. If I am accepted, I run a 6 month trial, (doing what I wonder) after which point I can purchase an investment. My chances are better if I am 'Invited'

It all seems rather FreeMason-ish to me.

I'm concerned about the money leaving the game too, sure MA gets money in from this, but if the expected return for the investor is up to 400% per year, that's a lot of money leaving MA's pockets.

So tell me, what am I misunderstanding here?

Hi
I am sorry - most of it ;)
Under the 6 month trial-period you can do everything a member can do.
A disruptive member (thats why we want others to recommend persons that they know) can be kicked.

LOL MA doesnt pay back. When MA enters the new stockmarket it is investors from that market that buy your share.
Hopefully for a better price - thats it.
Money is never taken out from MA - I think they will earn more when new people join and start to deposit.
/SilverFox

gurkha said:
So Bridge acts like an investment bank, they get investors, these ordinary people, pool their money, and buy shares in Mindark PE AB, if share value goes up, the investors make profit, as does Bridge.

But I thought that all of Mindark PE AB isn't a listed company on the stock market?

And where does your 400% ROI come from?

Hi
No Bridge is not an investment bank.
It is you that invest your money.
/SilverFox

Montaque said:
Corect me if Im completly out in the wilderness here but as I understand this is a regular investment deal u are running. One of the companies you are supposed to invest in is MA and there is/will be other companies aswell! So where does the PE play its part? As I recon not any stockmarket as of today accepts ped´s for payment. To me this investment company is actually going to be active in the real-world stockmarket and there for it´s completly wrong forum advertising, I cant see how this is related to the gameplay at all?
Hopefully ppl understands what my point is since I got quite confused reading the replys and the on-going discussion.

Bridge (their 'ordinary people' investors) buy Mindark PE AB shares, shares are a way or raising capital (money) for a company, in return for the money they put in they get a 'share' of the company, if the company does well, the company is worth more, so their shares are worth more, profit. :)

With more capital Mindark can invest more into the game, advertising, etc, making for a better game, better game and better advertising=more players, more players=bigger game,bigger game=Mindark does well,Mindark does well=Bridges share's are worth more, profit. ;)

simple way of explaining it.

Bridge, like knuckles so delicately put it, is not your standard financial institution, 1. It's based in Belize, although a large majority of it's members are European, this could be, and probably is because of either tax reasons, legal reasons, or both. 2. It's a network of people, who invest in companys Bridge approves of tells them too, so instead of pooling the money and investing as a block, each investor invests seperately. This is an interesting set-up, lots of issues, some of which are more fishy than others, but lets not go into that...

But if MA recieves a lot of capital, and is able to improve the game, and advertise, that's good, so let's not judge before we know all the facts, eh Knuckles? ;) But I see where you're coming from...

SilverFox said:
Hi
No Bridge is not an investment bank.
It is you that invest your money.
/SilverFox

How??? :confused: My ped´s or what? Montaque more confused than ever and I would love to get sum clarification :umn:

Knuckles said:
First of all,I am amazed that someone bothered to interview this "investor". But ok ok..maybe someone wants to hear about these "people". You wont go into details about if its a pyramid scheme or not. Fine, I guess but why is the company located in Belize when basically everyone is european? Ah wait,harder to track tax incomes. Oh well,lets enter the bridge website

"Welcome,do you wanna invest in the same companies that made rich people richer?Do you wanna join a network of investors?"

Wow,pyramid scheme deja vu. They all themselves "networks".Coincidence perhaps,but lets continue the tour. After the intro I see the BIGGEST MOST COMMON THING IN PYRAMID SCHEMES

"As a member of bridge you get the rank Agent and you get points for new members you recruit,or when you train Agents that produces points themselves.Points can be traded weekly for cash"

Hold on,you recruit people?And then they produce points for you while you can choose to be passive?Oh boy,this is a pyramid scheme.Thank God for morons who publish this info on a webpage visitors can see. They are avoiding 1 big rule though by using a exception.This all would be ILLEGAL if there was a joining fee. There isnt,but you have to invest 7500+ SEK into a bridge recommended company as a member according to the tour so I guess thats the "fee" of getting into the "cool group of people doing nothing on top getting paid for the noobs under them"

Oh well,this is as much info I can get as a non member.

So Mr. Bo Stahlsparre (Silverfox). This isnt a pyramid scheme although it has pretty much every trademark of one?.You my friend,is busted

Now is the time when I wonder if I should contact the financial inspection or not :nana:

Hi
Thank you for your opinion.
I dont think Bridge is something for you.
I can tell you that we already have clearance from Swedish Finance Inspection so dont bother its a waste of time and effort.
Come back and check us in a year or so....

Time either promotes you or exposes you.
/SilvewrFox

gurkha said:
But if MA recieves a lot of capital, and is able to improve the game, and advertise, that's good, so let's not judge before we know all the facts, eh Knuckles? ;) But I see where you're coming from...

I am just pointing out that the Bridge concept with members is what many swedish economists calls illegal due to the network building and with the "fee" of being in the big group.

Silverfox,you did not comment about the Agents you recruit generate points for you which can be read as passive income.The more people you recruit the less you have to work yourself and just sit on your ass reeking in the big cash from your hard working agents

Montaque said:
How??? :confused: My ped´s or what? Montaque more confused than ever and I would love to get sum clarification :umn:

Hi
This is RL we are not talking Calypso PED´s.

For every case you are invited to buy a share-post (probably wrong english word - I mean a number of shares).
Normally a "share-post" in Venture Capital Companies cost a hugh sum like 30 000 USD or more.
In our system we are many - so we can lower the sum to aprox 1500 USD.
"Many small streams can make a big river"
Bridge initially intend to invite to 6-10 cases in Scandinavia every year (if there are companies that are interesting enough)
MA is our first company ever!
It all begins in Scandinavia - then expands Global.
/SilverFox

I still dont like it, personally I wish MA were not involved in this, and I really want Marco in here to discuss it.

I happen to feel that in some small way, every player of PE is a shareholder (well, the ones who have deposited) as they contribute to the company, and do well if the company does well.

Would this not mean that if MA wanted to float the company on a stock market it would need to canvass a vote from it's exiting shareholders, us?

I've never heard of this bridge before, but I have heard of a lot of things that it sounds like.

Can anyone tell us of other companies bridge is involved with? Ideally companies that are still in existance, and ones that we have heard of, and ones that have been trading for longer than a few weeks.

In short, I find this all a little odd. It's just my instinct. If you can offer any form of assurance that this bridge is not some form of evil empire, then I'd appreciate it.

:confused: It seems, as Knuckles was right to point out and from having read the web site, that you only make money from this initiative if you actively recruit new members?

So if I deposit 1500 and decide that member recruitment is not the thing for me, what happens to that money?

Please explain

Montaque said:

Hi
Thanks for your posting.
You are correct - this investing is in RL/RW.
It can effect PE because MA will have more resources.
But-

Agree I dont like to discuss RL/RW investments in here.

It keeps me from playing :cool:
If you are interested - mail me.
If you dont like this - dont mail me.
/SilverFox

gurkha said:
Bridge (their 'ordinary people' investors) buy Mindark PE AB shares, shares are a way or raising capital (money) for a company, in return for the money they put in they get a 'share' of the company, if the company does well, the company is worth more, so their shares are worth more, profit. :)

With more capital Mindark can invest more into the game, advertising, etc, making for a better game, better game and better advertising=more players, more players=bigger game,bigger game=Mindark does well,Mindark does well=Bridges share's are worth more, profit. ;)

simple way of explaining it.

Bridge, like knuckles so delicately put it, is not your standard financial institution, 1. It's based in Belize, although a large majority of it's members are European, this could be, and probably is because of either tax reasons, legal reasons, or both. 2. It's a network of people, who invest in companys Bridge approves of tells them too, so instead of pooling the money and investing as a block, each investor invests seperately. This is an interesting set-up, lots of issues, some of which are more fishy than others, but lets not go into that...

Goldstar!
You got it! :wise:

SilverFox said:
Hi
Thanks for your posting.
You are correct - this investing is in RL/RW.
It can effect PE because MA will have more resources.
But-

Agree I dont like to discuss RL/RW investments in here.

It keeps me from playing :cool:
If you are interested - mail me.
If you dont like this - dont mail me.
/SilverFox

ok couple of questions if you dont mind, im not a fan of email atm.

Or maybe MARCO could answer these?

1. Will this be a 'silent' investment. ie. will Bridge/investors have any say in the actual gameplay/running/universe of PE? ie. could you/investors push for someone to be banned from PE?

2. Relating to your avatar ingame, is this simply so you can get some more info about the day2day PE? and for background info to advise potential investors?

many thanks.

Please post *all* details about yourself (and yes, we would like PERSONAL details here to check your business dealing history) and your company.

Dont expect people to "invest" in this if they know nothing about you and the company.

I feel that if information like this is not provided and ivestigated by the community then you wont have much luck here
:wave:

Status
Back