Silverfox, a Bridge Investor

Status
this thread has left me with a nasty feeling.

Why wont MA just go and get some 'investment' from some companies with a proven track record.. or I hate to say it but get some sponsorship from coke, pepsi or whatever

Count Joe said:
when they have to point out its not a pyramid scam.. then it is a pyramid scam

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! :laugh:

To the person that made the comment that this was an "Amway" style Pyramid Marketing Model:

Yup, you're right. Totally legal Multi-Level marketing (At least in America) since they are also moving product around (Those brochures and pens.) but this STILL IMHO doesn't make it any better.

I WAS in Amway a number of years ago, and found it VERY much like a pyramid scheme, the only folks that truly made any money were those at the top of the model, the rest had to work their tails off to get anywhere.

Does this mean Bridge is wrong? Not necessarily, but I for one won't take part. Even if I had the capital resources to do so I would stay away. Why? Because in PE there are already FAR too many allegations of favoritism in-game and conspiracy theories that I wouldn't want my investment money tied up in it at all. Not to mention - even though it was settled favorably - the allegations of illegal software activities by MA itself.

If it works and everyone makes money I'll eat my hat, but until that is proven don't bother firing up the grill for me yet. ;)

I can say that I have some knowledge about comapanys like this..
I was a member of a networked based company named WGI..
It had a fiction stockedbased game inside and stuff,
and then you earned cash for the more peolpe who you got to join in your downline..
I did coast some to join and I did pay some cash.
But I was fortune enugh to get some cash back..
But one day trying to log in, I was told the company was sold to another company and with that my account to..
My cash ingame ( in stock ) was transferd to another comapany and they told me that I should join there to claim my cash..
Well to make a story short..
My cash went bye bye..
But I knew this could happen, I'm not going to whine..

But my question is..
what happens if Bridge is sold over night? :confused:
what happens to PE.
I invest in my account and in MA when depositing and can just talk for myself,
but I dont like this.. Not at all..

And on a sidenote..
I feel really bad about the people I got to invest in WGI..

Bridge vs. MindArk

Silverfox is a salesman. In Project Entropia he has found an enthusiastic player base that has demonstrated a willingness to invest countless thousands of personal funds to a game. As a professional investor, he sees a fat market, dripping with potential Bridge recruits. He thinks we will sign up en masse just to have a chance to invest $2k in MindArk. The fact that Bridge is billing itself as some new kind of organization is laughable. Investment clubs and angel networks have been around for decades. The only difference, Bridge apparently will accept anyone who has $600, or whatever their goofy sign up fee is.

Of course Bridge isn't illegal. Think Amway . Think Mary Kay . Yes, Bridge is a multi-level marketing twist on an investment club. Many people find multi-level marketing distasteful, as I do, as it relies on selling out your friends and colleagues to make a quick buck. But we're not Silverfox's friends, and we're not his colleagues. We are enthusiastic customers of MindArk, nothing more. His only goal here is to enter our network and sell Bridge to us.

MindArk, as a burgeoning startup company needs capital. They're don't have the pull to land Tier 1 VC money, or at least have not demonstrated that yet. So to keep us from bitching about decay rates, they need a constant influx of capital to fund operations until PE reaches critical mass. Bridge probably told them they'd bring X amount of dollars to the table, and that was enough to convince MindArk to enter into a relationship. Any one of us in MindArk's position would do the same.

What they did not count on is Mr. Silverfox aggressively selling Bridge to their customer base. For this, they cannot be happy, and I would not be surprised if they are actively pursuing an exit strategy in this relationship. No company wants to have their customer base cannibalized by a business partner.

What MindArk should have done, and I suspect will do in the future, is put some restrictions on potential investors interfering with their player/customer base.

Silverfox has no influence on MA. He's the story of the week, and soon will be forgotten. Acting like he might have some influence is part of his sales pitch. Because after all, if you buy into Bridge then you could dream up "an island full of activity" and get your ideas implemented, too. (WTF??)

Give me a break.

We should thank him for throwing some money into the economy to buy butter-armor (a tax deduction, no less), and move on. There's nothing special about him, he's merely a n00b with an agenda - trying to make a buck from each of us.

-dub

PS - If you have $200k+ liquid assets, chances are you could strike a much better investment deal for yourself by contacting MindArk directly.

Didn't mindark sell shares before they crashed n...ops i mean "regrouped"..?
Think i recall my bro buying some...

Well said Dub, well said!

To those people that keep having a pop at the Amway system. You are never actually in Amway, and if you say you have done Amway, you don't really understand the concept. You only deal with the corporation, it's marketing scheme and products through business models that are setup by other people using the Amway Business Model. You are self Employed as Amway don't Employ you, and if you fail to do anything with the business, then it is you that has failed and not the Concept.
It's totally Legal, they do more than $8 Billion Dollars and more World Wide and are open in plenty of countries around the world. There are also a lot of companies that deal with Amway. Are we saying that Coca Cola, Philips, Mercedes Benz, Sony etc etc which are just a few of the well known companies throughout the world that deal with Amway are all illegal business and run by stupid people. No, I don't think so.
The only people that don't understand a concept or have never made it work are the ones that have never learnt it or worked it.

This is my opinion of one of the biggest Pyramid Schemes in the World.

-- Corporate World -- You'll never get to the top and earn Big Bucks unless you work yourself to the bone, forget that you have a life outside of your work and then maybe you'll get there if you suck up to the boss(Highly unlikely as it's a threat to his position). They work you to death, you get hardly anything back from your hard effort, and still have hardly anything left from all the expenses you have to pay out. Do you find any of your work mates helping you get above them in the business. No, I don't think so. It's cut throat and lots of back stabbing

The only true, non Pyramid Style Scheme is to be an Entrepreneur and self employed. You control all your own actions, you say what you do and when you do it.

I don't know enough about this Bridge system and will keep looking on and see how it progresses. I'm neither for nor against it, as I don't understand it as there doesn't appear to be much info, so I will hold my judgement about it for now.

There are so many Pyramid Schemes out there in peoples day to day life, that most people are blinded to the fact they are there and continue along with there lives oblivious to them.

In this day an age, if people want to get ahead, they are pulled down by those that don't want others to get ahead of them. This can be anything from Family members, work mates and so called friends.

If I want to become successful, I don't discuss my business with broke experts, I will rather discuss it with a Millionaire who is where I want to be. If you don't have a million, how can you teach me how to become a millionaire??

dub said:
What they did not count on is Mr. Silverfox aggressively selling Bridge to their customer base. For this, they cannot be happy, and I would not be surprised if they are actively pursuing an exit strategy in this relationship. No company wants to have their customer base cannibalized by a business partner.
What MindArk should have done, and I suspect will do in the future, is put some restrictions on potential investors interfering with their player/customer base.

Not quite...

In this same thread, you can see MA's director of Public Relations say this:

Marco|MindArk said:
If you want the details, I suggest you join Bridge and read the prospectus.

I hope there's a sane explanation for that comment, like Marco was drunk when he wrote it or something. If that's MA's official stand on the issue when their customerbase expresses doubts about their business relations, MA is not worth our money. It's the equivalent of you telling a politician you think the war in Iraq is unjust, oh and where are those WMDs, and then being advised to sign up for the Marines so you can see details of the search for them.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, though...

Dash Smashing said:
just bored.. doin some google searches for jacinto wong.. heres what turned up..

http://www.affarsvarlden.se/art/103487

:wise: ^^^ if someone can translate it, that'd be super. it looks interesting.
It's a small interview basicly with this "Kjell Nilsson" guy who is apparently an advisor for bridge. He dodge all questions about bridge. The Wong guys apparently could not be tracked down. Something about "regular" ppl investing n getting rich. Sounds like bs to me.
Edit: The lotteryinspection checked into it as it was suspiciasly like a pyramid scam but could do nothing since payment doesn't go out to the low ends of the line.

Last edited:
Numa said:
To those people that keep having a pop at the Amway system. You are never actually in Amway, and if you say you have done Amway, you don't really understand the concept. You only deal with the corporation, it's marketing scheme and products through business models that are setup by other people using the Amway Business Model. You are self Employed as Amway don't Employ you, and if you fail to do anything with the business, then it is you that has failed and not the Concept.
It's totally Legal, they do more than $8 Billion Dollars and more World Wide and are open in plenty of countries around the world. There are also a lot of companies that deal with Amway. Are we saying that Coca Cola, Philips, Mercedes Benz, Sony etc etc which are just a few of the well known companies throughout the world that deal with Amway are all illegal business and run by stupid people. No, I don't think so.
The only people that don't understand a concept or have never made it work are the ones that have never learnt it or worked it.

This is my opinion of one of the biggest Pyramid Schemes in the World.

-- Corporate World -- You'll never get to the top and earn Big Bucks unless you work yourself to the bone, forget that you have a life outside of your work and then maybe you'll get there if you suck up to the boss(Highly unlikely as it's a threat to his position). They work you to death, you get hardly anything back from your hard effort, and still have hardly anything left from all the expenses you have to pay out. Do you find any of your work mates helping you get above them in the business. No, I don't think so. It's cut throat and lots of back stabbing

The only true, non Pyramid Style Scheme is to be an Entrepreneur and self employed. You control all your own actions, you say what you do and when you do it.

I don't know enough about this Bridge system and will keep looking on and see how it progresses. I'm neither for nor against it, as I don't understand it as there doesn't appear to be much info, so I will hold my judgement about it for now.

There are so many Pyramid Schemes out there in peoples day to day life, that most people are blinded to the fact they are there and continue along with there lives oblivious to them.

In this day an age, if people want to get ahead, they are pulled down by those that don't want others to get ahead of them. This can be anything from Family members, work mates and so called friends.

If I want to become successful, I don't discuss my business with broke experts, I will rather discuss it with a Millionaire who is where I want to be. If you don't have a million, how can you teach me how to become a millionaire??

My apologies for highjacking this thread for my rant, I promise this will be the only time:

Spoken like a true convert Numa. Give me a call when you've reached Double Diamond Status. :laugh:

Considering all of multiple weekly meetings, weekend "conferences", major "events", the travel to cities up and down the eastern seaboard, hotel/motel costs, tape and book purchases, online subscription costs, automated ordering, phone messaging system costs, etc - I wonder who was actually getting "ahead" in this system. Surely not the person at the bottom of the pyramid, even though they are doing FAR more work then the rest.

And before you spout off on NOT doing anything with the business - I was doing it, in fact I was doing it so often (Many 30+ meeting months in my 2+ years in the "Business" - including several organizational awards for doing so) that my personal expenses (Which I tracked meticulously) were enormous - I was paying out every month FAR more then I was getting back. I understood the system perfectly, and walked away from it since it wasn't working.

Besides - If you re-read my comment you would see I never once called it illegal or stupid. I just don't think it works, nor will Bridge. Legal or not. Far too much negativity surrounding it.

Trakkur said:
My apologies for highjacking this thread for my rant, I promise this will be the only time:

Spoken like a true convert Numa. Give me a call when you've reached Double Diamond Status. :laugh:

Considering all of multiple weekly meetings, weekend "conferences", major "events", the travel to cities up and down the eastern seaboard, hotel/motel costs, tape and book purchases, online subscription costs, automated ordering, phone messaging system costs, etc - I wonder who was actually getting "ahead" in this system. Surely not the person at the bottom of the pyramid, even though they are doing FAR more work then the rest.

And before you spout off on NOT doing anything with the business - I was doing it, in fact I was doing it so often (Many 30+ meeting months in my 2+ years in the "Business" - including several organizational awards for doing so) that my personal expenses (Which I tracked meticulously) were enormous - I was paying out every month FAR more then I was getting back. I understood the system perfectly, and walked away from it since it wasn't working.

Besides - If you re-read my comment you would see I never once called it illegal or stupid. I just don't think it works, nor will Bridge. Legal or not. Far too much negativity surrounding it.

This will be my last comment on this as it's detracting from the thread on Bridge, and is aimed at letting people understand it a bit more.

You may think of me as a convert. I just got out of the trap of going to work everyday for someone else and getting nothing in return, but a measly wage packet.

I didn't say you called it Illegal and wasn't pointing my comments at you. I was pointing it at all the people who comment on the Amway Concept, which has been used in Illegal manners over the years in what everyone knows as Pyramid Scams, where people have been ripped off by others, and it is brought up in every situation where there is some sort of Pyramid or Multi Level Marketing scheme. If it was bad, it wouldn't be running for over 40 years.

But like I said, people are self employed. So think of it this way.

How do you run your own business, with all the of the things you mentioned you had to pay out for, with access to a huge warehouse, staff, transport facilities, new materials, meetings that are done to bring in new products etc and all this without you having to raise one hand to make it happen, for the small amount of money that you were paying out on a yearly basis??

You can't. To have access to all those systems that are already put in place, would cost you millions to keep running. You have no staff costs, site costs, bills to pay other than your own home costs(Which can be offset against the tax man. In the UK anyway).

The system works, and I have several friends who are very successful at it. It works for many people throughout the world. Don't forget, those people that bring you into the business, help you out and put there time, energy and money into helping you build your business. I don't get that sort of help from my work mates.

But for only 2 years in the business and it doesn't work, is nothing in my books. You work for 40 years or more in a job and that doesn't work either. Because at the end of it you still have nothing unless you make the right deals along the way.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, but to believe it doesn't work, seems odd when there are lots of people making it work. I hear these same reasons it didn't work for them over and over, and there is always a reason behind why it didn't work for them. They blame it on Amway. ;)

ANyway, enough said, and back on to the Bridge discussions. :)

looking at how contraversial this whole subject is, wouldn't it be better to put starman back on the main page?

I'm having visions of bridge making screenshots of the homepage and using it as a tool to sell it to investors.

good one wanda, no offence silverfox, but i'd prefer too seing PE legend starman at frontpage than some guy with just peds and plans.

this thread has gone too long allready

numa, as far as making millions go.. who the hell here is throwing around gameplans for gettin rich besides silverfox?

k, that was an easy one. but heres a better one. does silverfox have mad millions? nope. he has armor made of cardboard, which he probly paid about 2000 usd for. and thats nothing. if a 60 yr old man doesnt have a couple k usd to throw around, then hes a damn bum. but according to many records that us players have found, this guy hasnt done anything so far at all. raise any flags yet?

no, we dont know all the details.

THATS THE GODDAM PROBLEM.

better safe than sorry. and the part about EVERYthing so far, sounding real bad, doesnt help either. nobody touch this guy with a ten foot pole. 23 pages now of warnings.. if anyone gets taken by this guy, ill feel sorry for you.. while i laugh at you.

the best thing for us all is to forget this thread, and forget him too =D btw silver, thanks much for the k's of ped you dumped into the system for that armor that probly dont hunt in anyway.

bah, forget it...

Last edited:
About locking this thread...

It would be so much better just letting the thread die instead of keep bumping it with replies saying it should be locked :rolleyes: this goes for any thread :wise:

But oh well....

:locked:

SilverFox can send me a private message (PM) requesting it being reopened.

Last edited:
Status
Back