Proper Usage of the PCF Reputation System

?

what do u mean?

I mean If you type a post with less than 10 letters, you can't post ;) So you type something extra. Usually "Msg too short" Is suffice.

I mean If you type a post with less than 10 letters, you can't post ;) So you type something extra. Usually "Msg too short" Is suffice.

aha i thought u ment my msg was to short :laugh:

The person who put it on you had too little reputation himself to make an impact on yours. So it's just marked with a grey bar.

I think i know what was going on. "PeteHines" created a new acount to be able ti give me bad rep twise

Just thought I'd bump this back to the top to give people an idea of how it's supposed to work. My last 2 -reps were given to me in threads that were "Gratz" threads. Unreal...:rolleyes:

Just thought I'd bump this back to the top to give people an idea of how it's supposed to work. My last 2 -reps were given to me in threads that were "Gratz" threads. Unreal...:rolleyes:

Well, I'd tend to give -reps to anyone sending Hitler Gratz...

Not really, but maybe to someone with a really, really dumb player name (like maybe "George W Bush")...

Not really, but maybe to someone that had no sense of humor!

Yeah. :D

Seriously, that *is* unreal, but to bring the "crazy" part of my post in on this, some times you have to pick who you go up against, not because they are wrong (and you are right...), but because they have no life and are too willing to spend it chasing you.

So in reality, I generally try to avoid arguing with fans of both Hitler and "W" because they don't need to be right, they only need have a crusade and enough zeolots backing them up.

is there a way to retract a rep you gave? and how much do you have to spread before you can give someone another rep?

is there a way to retract a rep you gave? and how much do you have to spread before you can give someone another rep?

711 can delete the rep if he sees fit, but u can prolly just give back a +rep saying that you apologise or retract the -rep. A lot easier this way.

711 can delete the rep if he sees fit, but u can prolly just give back a +rep saying that you apologise or retract the -rep. A lot easier this way.

A + gives more than a - takes too. So will actually boost their rep more too.

how much rep do i need to spread before I can rep a person a second time?

I got a rep which neither "+" (
reputation_pos.gif
) nor "-" (
reputation_neg.gif
), it has this icon -
reputation_balance.gif

The name of the image says "reputation balance". What does it mean? :scratch:

I got a rep which neither "+" (
reputation_pos.gif
) nor "-" (
reputation_neg.gif
), it has this icon -
reputation_balance.gif

The name of the image says "reputation balance". What does it mean? :scratch:

The person (usually new member) has insufficient reputation to give rep (stops new second accounts being made just to neg rep)

Can you actually see the comments made about you somewhere> Where?

thanks.
I am assuming the color of the little box in front of each line indicates whether it is a + or minus?

thanks.
I am assuming the color of the little box in front of each line indicates whether it is a + or minus?

yes red is -rep green is +rep and the grey/blue one can be either just means the person doesnt have enough reputation themselves to give.

Hmmm...?

Does giving reputation mean your own rating drops as well?

Hmmm...?

Does giving reputation mean your own rating drops as well?

no but the higher your rep the more you give or take from the other person

clever system :)

/me goes +rep 711 for inventing it

clever system :)

/me goes +rep 711 for inventing it

While Mindbuster and I have added a few custom modifications to enhance the reputation system, we cannot be given credit for the 'invention' of the reputation system, which is a standard feature of the vBulletin software that runs EntropiaForum.

Hell, in that case, I am definately gonna let you keep that rep for not taking credit for other peoples work

How much is each of the green boxes worth? Like, how many points do you need to get to the next green box? Is this info able to be disclosed, or is it like the loot system.....? :laugh: Dynamic is it?

dear 711

alright i didnt know where else to post this but 711 .... im using the latest version of opera (9.5b - yeah beta i know) but the rep box i acting very strange for me. i will click the add rep button and have to scroll down at least 3 screens (at 1200x1024) before i see the little lava/flash rep box to place my comment and +/- ... i dont know if this is an issue with the system here or if its a goofy part of using the beta however other boards i use that have the rep system set up as it is here i do not have the problem with. just thought i would let ya know.

alright i didnt know where else to post this but 711 .... im using the latest version of opera (9.5b - yeah beta i know) but the rep box i acting very strange for me. i will click the add rep button and have to scroll down at least 3 screens (at 1200x1024) before i see the little lava/flash rep box to place my comment and +/- ... i dont know if this is an issue with the system here or if its a goofy part of using the beta however other boards i use that have the rep system set up as it is here i do not have the problem with. just thought i would let ya know.

Please take a screenshot and upload to the forum gallery, will make it easier to diagnose.

I'm not sure if its the same thing but I noticed something similar in firefox.

What it seems to me is that the rep box appears below the rep button which if it is at the bottom of the window when you click it, you need to scroll down to see it.

Heres a screenie anyway :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm not sure if its the same thing but I noticed something similar in firefox.

What it seems to me is that the rep box appears below the rep button which if it is at the bottom of the window when you click it, you need to scroll down to see it.

Heres a screenie anyway :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm using Opera 9.10 (can't wait to upgrade to the final 9.5 ;)) but it behaves as Lem describes. So it's probably something with the beta-thing though you can never be sure about those things...

The only difference I see compared to Lem's screenshot is that my rep-box' top left corner is equal to the bottom left corner of the rep-button. But that's probably because there's enough space to the right for the rep-box to appear properly there (when I make my Opera smaller it looks like Lem's screenshot). But yes, the additional need to scroll down when the rep-button is in the lower area of the screen is, well, doable but not nice :) An automatic scroll-down or showing the rep-box above the rep-button would be nice.

Back