Acronoid's storyline

Status

Acronoid

Stalker
Society
United Talents
If you need to know it, you already do
(reserved space for picture)

[Mod Note: Thread discontinued and moved to OooOOoOOoOOOOOoo by request of thread starter]

Last edited by a moderator:

book I, Tears of retrospection

Prologue.......................................1
Four 'o' clock departure.......................1
If only I could delete them, memories .........1

Last edited:
Tears of retrospection

Tears of retrospection

Dreams-of-retrospection.jpg

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find...

Prologue

Dictionary
a’cro (Greek) prefix - sharp, tip, extremity, peak.
oid (latin oidos) suffix – similarity, resemblance

Mythology online Database

Only referred by in the 11th century book “Korax diabolique”
“…not known if this is a possession of evil inside an individual, or a born condidition, it seems to appear to manifest in the form of a female human individual. Only fact known about this girl/virgin (author note: transcription stays unclear at this point) is that her appearance stands for great change”
Transcription from old French

Fiction book “journal of a desert ranger”

. . . a strange appearance of a shadow in the distanced rocks caught my attention. But before I could get a clear view it has vanished into the dawning sunlight over the deserted plane of this ancient ruined city.
Aware of my wondering the crazy girl answered the unasked question by telling it was not an illusion caused by the desert wind, but Acronoid has risen once more. Fear and tears in her eyes while she trembled . . .

My eyes were becoming tired of looking trough the references. I started wondering if father Gregory just made a joke, to keep a little girl busy.
I looked out of the window into the courtyard. The sun already setting the sky in a orange glow. Looking to the two dying trees, bathing in a golden glow I had an overwhelming feeling of being connected to everything and all on this decaying planet.

Then it was away, and I realised that the holiday break was almost over. Monday the others would return and lessons would be as boring as ever. I still wondered why father Gregory called me Acronoid, but he never came back to it.
And if I asked him, he always responded with: “In time it will become clear, my child, for now you and me both have other matters to attend to”.

Last edited:
Four 'o' clock departure

Please proceed to the decontamination shower area

Everything seems like a dream, I feel like watching a movie of myself. Strange how it has come so far, and still I have no clue about what’s going on.
The friendly voice from the from the automated guide reaches my conscious mind and I slowly proceed to the decontamination area.

The smell of chlorides and iodine and the pressure of the water on my pale skin bring me back to my senses.
So this is it, the book is being closed, the ships behind me being burned; and I become a refugee in search a save haven billion miles away.

Please proceed to the storage area and equip yourself with a jumpsuit.

That soft voice again, bringing me back to reality. Strange how I remain so calm, when this very moment could be my salvation or my doom, depending on which side the coin decides to fall.
Where are the dammed towels here, ah over there, next to the ugly orange suits. I’ll be smelling like a nursing ward for days to come, but then again, we do not want to screw up another world like we did with our own, do we?

Last edited:
Thank you for choosing Odysseus Space travel Inc.
Please fasten your seatbelt as the starting sequence will begin shortly.
In order for you safety…

Goodbye past; so this is it. My eyes glide over the sixty-three other passenger on this flight. Each face speaks out the hopes and fear of the new promised world that awaits, just a flight away.
I wonder if someone would question a girl like me travelling alone, but then again, the woman whose place I sadly took –let her soul rest in piece– was also travelling alone.

...3, 2, 1 lift-off

The sun sets as we detach ourselves from Earth. Through the energy shielded windows an orange glow sets the ship on fire. For a moment my eyes have to get used to the bright light of a sunset on thirty-thousand feet.
I take a last look to the already fading blue orb before I close my eyes and sink away into sleep. Exhaustion takes it toll.

Status
Back