The Gate :: Old PE Magazine Files unearthed

Very nice idea- thank you. It will be fascinating to see what happened in the early days :)

Seems like I didnt pay enough attention the last time while reading...

OSI-14 - Personal Sized Hoovercraft

Also I have missed the stats of the modified shadow the last tiem I went through...wonder if I was drunk @_@

Value 175+
Weight 6.2
Protection Stab 30.0
Protection Cut 60.0
Protection Impact 60.0
Protection Penetration 30.0
Protection Shrapnel 8.0
Protection Burn 60.0
Protection Acid 8.0
Protection Electric 8.0
Durability Cut 6000.0
Durability Impact 6000.0
Durability Penetration 6000.0
Durability Shrapnel 6000.0
Durability Burn 6000.0
Durability Cold 6000.0
Durability Acid 6000.0

Thanks for bringing em up again!

Its amazing work. so sad noone continues it nowadays.

I was actually planning on starting a mag for eu. I had no idea that there was one like this earlier on. Probably because my game life only spans the last 1.5 years but now a bar has been set lol.

nice one 711 - though there has definately already been a post with links to the mags, because i downloaded them as soon as i found then :silly2:

Big thanks, 711 :)
+rep
Thegate200304.pdf said:
I got a HoF! My eyes widened when reading the number 709 PED.
Then I turned to the window with the loot and saw some kind of rifle there. It was an Improved A-3 Justifier Mk. II. This was where my mouth looked like this :O We all broke out in an unholy frenzy of smileys and letters typed by hitting the joy out on the keyboard. We were rich! We set out the Improved Mk. II for bids and expected to get around 3000 PEDs (we are still newbies).
We soon figured out there weren't many people wealthy enough to buy our piece, but we weren't in a rush.
:D

MB already posted them.

That's why they were lurking on the server. ;)

Yes I realize this, but in fact MB himself couldn't remember where they were located, and we were not able to find the old thread with the links.

Therefore I thought it would be useful to repost the links, especially for those newer members who have no idea that The Gate existed, and therefore would never bother searching for the links.

I was looking for these a while ago, and couldnt find them!
And yay here they are again :wtg: Thank'ye!

WOW thx Sev, thats super cool, as a newer player (under a year by just a bit) i love seeing the stuff from when it all began..:D

Wow

daaamn!!!
yeeeeh
i was born so late. but. u give a chance to live a few minuts 3 yers ago :yay:
that's so so so so great!

Ah, I joined EU too late, but I don't care:D

Wow! Nice reading. Thanks for showing it for us. I have seen some things from the illustrator before and I loved that work. I think the no1 cover is the best, which cover do you like the most?

oooOOOooOOooOOOooh!!!

old news!!!! awsome!

OMG this brings back tons of memories.

Nice work.

I'm just glad PE EU which ever has kept aroudn their concept video from way back then on their website.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5379.html

As I said in my hello post, this advert was placed on a dvd where i came across it. An odd dvd to boot, I guess it was cheap..
It was an indy film about a woman joining the adult movie indeustry.

If I find a link to the dvd i'll redit this and post it.

Nice magazines! Love The Gate ;-)

Thx 711 for give all a chance to get hold of them. Not easy on a forum like this one the almost every post will drown if not picked up by another forum member or *bumped* again.

I started to play this game in Nov. 2005, and have really enjoyed it so far with great friends in game.
Last year I got a idea of starting a newspaper/magazine to cover news and happenings from the last month, November issue covering October and so forth.
I got some soc friends with me and the first issue saw day ligth in Novmber last year. The Calypso Post (TCP) we had good response on it and was fun making it. As time when by we finished our December issue and we saw that this was very time absorbing so we decided to cut down numbers of issues made. And last issue was finished in february with a new and improved layout.

When we first started out I did new about The Gate or any other magazine’s only Nifurs "Uber Mag" and thought we could make a magazine to.
Since he had laid his list up high with the ubers we would be the voice of the common Entropian.
Later I have seen menny other magazine have been made and i admire them for all the time they have put down on it they diserv to be remembered for it like 711's thread so that they get some cretis for their work. :wtg:

If anyone is interested in reading our last Issue, here’s the link:
http://www.euforces.com/CRT/TCP32007.pdf

And here’s our EF thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=785356#post785356

Next Issue of the Calypso Post is due in April.

Last edited:
can any1 help me ????

:mad: :mad: :mad: plz help me it wont let me get my email when i regester for game and ideas and how to make this game work . it looks really gd

In issue 200211.pdf they show an image of the Omegaton M2201

Here's a blue print form those days of the Omegaton M2201A1

http://www.thornefolk.net/Midnght/pe/pe_Omegaton_M2201A1_BP.jpg

There's a few other old images to.

http://www.thornefolk.net/Midnght/pe/

:shower: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww these old pictures and the old magazines make me wanna cry. Couldn't we have a rolled back version of the game just for nostalgia sake?

I remember sweating the peaceful dirapi when some uber shot a bunch of them and logged out fast. Then I was killed by the agro'd beasts and ranked around to the revival post with just my torso.. good times man.

I love this post from the magazine. I found it in the Ask Bertha section.
hehe Some things never change.

Bertha,
I have no cash and therefore can’t
buy anything. What am I to do on
Calypso – am I destined to be a
beggar? Help me Bertha!
Poor

Dear Poor,
You must use your ingenuity and
do a lot of work. You must search
every square meter of Calypso and
see if you can find any discarded
items from other colonists. You
must search every animal carcass
to see if there is any loot left, and
every fallen robot. You may bring
newly arrived colonists to the best
hunting spots in exchange for a
PED. You must accumulate
knowledge and information about
Calypso, which can be sold to
others. As a last resort, you must
stand outside the main gate of a
city and beg for your very life.

Well, I knew there plenty of history before my arrival on Calypso, but I didn't realise it was quite as rich, although I've heard and seen a copy of The Gate, I didn't have all of them, thx 711.

:yay:

cool wish they still made that mag

Its amazing work. so sad noone continues it nowadays.

When I asked Marco back in the days why The Gate was folded the only answer I got was that Frank (the editor) had quit MA and wanted to be a rockstar instead. :laugh:

Make syou wounder why there never was a no2 of the Entropian?

I think they said why there wasnt a second issue, I just can't remember the reason.

can i revive this thread?
thx ;P

does anyone knows where can i find a copy of the entropian too?

can i revive this thread?
thx ;P

does anyone knows where can i find a copy of the entropian too?

U had to buy it from TT. Don't know if it's still there... Only way I think is to announce in buying thread and buy from some one else.

hmmm
im still kinda new here so forgive me if im wrong
but...
if i got it right you got the issue shipped to your rl address
so, if i put a thread or something like that asking to buy it what guarantee do i have that ill get it?
i could hold the money till it gets here but then...
what guarantee will the seller have??
besides.... its kinda old...
id love to read it and all... but i dont plan to pay for an old magazine
would you pay 1USD for a year old newspaper?
i was wondering if anyone had scans of it or something like that
^^

Back