Cute/Funny things newbies say.

In Stiches

Originally Posted by black_rain13
This is one that I just MUST share. When the question was asked of me, I nearly peed myself laughing.

This morning, I awoke in Twin Peaks. After a breif moment of looking about, I headed off to Port Atlantis. Within two minutes of landing at PA, I was approached by an OJ who wanted to know if he could ask me a couple of quesations. I happily agreed and we opended a private chat.

The first thing I did was welcome this new player to Calypso and asked how long he had been playing. The response I got was quite interesting.

"I've only been playing for about two hours now and I really like it, but I think I might have to quit soon," he said.

"Why is that? If you are enjoying it, why would you want to quit so soon," I asked.

"Well," came the reply, "I'm kinda embarrassed to say, but..."

"No, no, nothing to be embarassed about, you can ask me anything," I continued.

"Well, where do I go when I need to pee?" He asked.

"Well," I said, chuckling to myself, "Avatars don't need to pee. They don't need to sleep, they don't need to eat..."

"No, not my avatar," he said, "I need to pee and I don't know what to do with my avatar while I am gone, so I have been holding it now for an hour so I didn't have to quit."

I nearly busted a gut. It took me almost two minutes to type the reply, "Just go pee."

I wet myself when i read this one - i think it is the funniest of all

Originally Posted by black_rain13
This is one that I just MUST share. When the question was asked of me, I nearly peed myself laughing.

This morning, I awoke in Twin Peaks. After a breif moment of looking about, I headed off to Port Atlantis. Within two minutes of landing at PA, I was approached by an OJ who wanted to know if he could ask me a couple of quesations. I happily agreed and we opended a private chat.

The first thing I did was welcome this new player to Calypso and asked how long he had been playing. The response I got was quite interesting.

"I've only been playing for about two hours now and I really like it, but I think I might have to quit soon," he said.

"Why is that? If you are enjoying it, why would you want to quit so soon," I asked.

"Well," came the reply, "I'm kinda embarrassed to say, but..."

"No, no, nothing to be embarassed about, you can ask me anything," I continued.

"Well, where do I go when I need to pee?" He asked.

"Well," I said, chuckling to myself, "Avatars don't need to pee. They don't need to sleep, they don't need to eat..."

"No, not my avatar," he said, "I need to pee and I don't know what to do with my avatar while I am gone, so I have been holding it now for an hour so I didn't have to quit."

I nearly busted a gut. It took me almost two minutes to type the reply, "Just go pee."

I wet myself when i read this one - i think it is the funniest of all

Funniest thing i have read this week! you made my day :laugh:

i had that once too and kept doing nothing and waiting, after like 30 shots he kinda gave up :D

Had that happen to me too. After a while he just stopped. I dropped a couple of peds worth of ammo on the ground and said "That ought to cover it". He just took it and left.

Gave me a laugh at least. :dunce:

I had just recruited a handful of friends that I know from Everquest. I loaded up my gungnir with newbies and took em on a TP run. As I was flying, my soc leader was about to explain to the ladies how there is no penalty for dying as it is with Everquest (usually a 10% of level XP loss). I flew over a TP and jumped out of the vehicle, as I was flying close to max altitude. The soc leader followed me and we dropped to the ground dead. Our passengers were on TeamSpeak screaming over voice chat and telling us we're crazy, as the gungnir dropped like a rock as we laughed our asses off. :laugh:

Last edited:
I hired a noob to heal me once with herb box... when it died and I ended the hunt, I offered 5 ped for payment...

he thought that his time was worth 20 ped and decided to hold my herb box hostage until I gave him 20 ped...

I tried to explain it was only worth about 1 ped at the moment, but he thought he could get more than I was offering him if he sold it, so I said ok man, good luck with that, and just let him keep the herb box...

a couple days later he tried to tell me he was willing to take 10 ped to give it back, I declined...

next day he decided he would like the original 5 ped I offered him, but I told him that he'd only get 3 ped for trying to extort me when I was just trying to help him out...

me being the nice guy I am, I gave him 3 ped for my broken herb box 3 days after the original hunt! :yup:

I also gave him some unkind words for being an ass, which is very out of character for me, but I think the 3 ped I gave him covered that! :thumbup:

How do i make an alt?
where can I choose my class?
at what lvl can I do instances?

Yep I tought this was a traditional mmo :p

yesterday I was explaining to a Gungnir full of newbies on a TP run, that it is more efficient to hunt 'naked' rather than pay to repair your armor, next thing you know, the whole lot of em took off their orange pajamas :D

yesterday I was explaining to a Gungnir full of newbies on a TP run, that it is more efficient to hunt 'naked' rather than pay to repair your armor, next thing you know, the whole lot of em took off their orange pajamas :D

well somewhere they are right :p naked is naked clothes decay aswell :p

Well, when I first started EU I thought that getting eaten by the big scary mobs will give more Courage skill :tongue2:

Overheard near Camp Icarus:

[OJ1] Is there some special place where I can find fruit and dung?
[OJ2] Yes, on the ground

A moment ago in the #rookie from a one-day newbie: "Whats this spiral thing that keeps popping up around me, and changing my view to 3rd person"

My buddy and I had just started and we were at the area near atlas haven where the little shack was, can't remember the name, anyway we were hunting exors and getting killed quite regularly and I was stand there and noticed he was running around in a circle. I asked him what he was doing and he said I think you heal faster if you run around.

A moment ago in the #rookie from a one-day newbie: "Whats this spiral thing that keeps popping up around me, and changing my view to 3rd person"

that sad lol it should be a special moment :pic:

My buddy and I had just started and we were at the area near atlas haven where the little shack was, can't remember the name, anyway we were hunting exors and getting killed quite regularly and I was stand there and noticed he was running around in a circle. I asked him what he was doing and he said I think you heal faster if you run around.

That was probably Atlas Island North. A small tp that no longer exists.

I see there are shops in this game. Can I get a job working the counter of those shops and make money?

Umm, no.... Sorry.

Disciples said the folowing

"If I sell my skills will I lose them?"

"Kitch, I had my first big loss today, 7 peds"

There were more funny ones but I forgot :(

After reading some of the posts here, I wonder how many newbie's and disciples are under 10 years old. :scratch2:

"ever since you said u can find stuff walking i started walking =))) and i found port atlantis"

Disciples said the folowing

"Kitch, I had my first big loss today, 7 peds"[/I]

When earned sweating, 7 PED is quite a big loss.

Sooo glad this took place in PM rather than in teamspeak...

Newbie: If I go and hunt in space, will I be able to get back in my Sleipnir if they hit me too hard ?
Gran : No sweetie, you hunt in space using guns fitted to your ship, if you have bought some, so you stay in the ship
Newbie: Does that mean I can't use my Rubio then ?
:scratch2:when I stopped crying with laughter :laugh: I explained that space is well..space.. no surface to walk on and no air to breathe.

Also I remember that very near the shack was a "Valley" that went down to the river and had a bridge over the river.

Sounds like the old Nus Lull - which was the revive just east of the old Atlas Haven location. There was a bridge that went over the river to the east close to there.

The bridge off the Atlas island to the west went to the old Tethys Creek, but that wasn't used by many for sweating, as feff spawned around there. There was a mix of small daikiba and exarosaur to the south though, so not impossible.

Sounds like the old Nus Lull - which was the revive just east of the old Atlas Haven location. There was a bridge that went over the river to the east close to there.

The bridge off the Atlas island to the west went to the old Tethys Creek, but that wasn't used by many for sweating, as feff spawned around there. There was a mix of small daikiba and exarosaur to the south though, so not impossible.

That is exactly the place, thank you very much:).

I just heard something cute (see: dumb) today.

A friend of mine just Hoffed on ospra stone on Ark...someone right away said "OMG the MU on Ospra is going to crash!" in Ark chat. And they were serious. This is why Ark needs it's own rookie chat.

(The most common ingredient in Ark BP's is NOT going to "crash" because of a 6k tower by one of the top 5 crafters on Ark.)

Eh, sorry, that just really bothered me for some reason. :)

I just heard something cute (see: dumb) today.

A friend of mine just Hoffed on ospra stone on Ark...someone right away said "OMG the MU on Ospra is going to crash!" in Ark chat. And they were serious. This is why Ark needs it's own rookie chat.

(The most common ingredient in Ark BP's is NOT going to "crash" because of a 6k tower by one of the top 5 crafters on Ark.)

Eh, sorry, that just really bothered me for some reason. :)

How much is being sold daily? If under 3k peds tt, then it could but yeah probably not. Still it all depends on the situation. So more likely the person saying wasnt aware that hoffer is crafter who uses the mats himself.

Saw this plea in Rookie.

Rookie chat: Excuse me, can you help ? I'm stuck.
My Reply: If I can, what's the problem ?
Rookie chat: I'm trying to get to Arkadia.
My Reply: Where from ?
Rookie chat: Port Atlantis, someone told me to go north, but I haven't found it yet.
Rookie chat: Can you tell me how much further it is ?

It took a while to explain that Arkadia is another planet and you can't walk there :laugh:

Saw this plea in Rookie.

Rookie chat: Excuse me, can you help ? I'm stuck.
My Reply: If I can, what's the problem ?
Rookie chat: I'm trying to get to Arkadia.
My Reply: Where from ?
Rookie chat: Port Atlantis, someone told me to go north, but I haven't found it yet.
Rookie chat: Can you tell me how much further it is ?

It took a while to explain that Arkadia is another planet and you can't walk there :laugh:
Ha! I might have ran into that guy in Zychion.

Rookie: Can you tell me what direction Arkadia is?
Me: Uhm, up :) It's another planet
Rookie: I was told it's just over this hill
Me: Hehe I see, someone pulled your leg. It's another planet, you will need a space ship to go there
Rookie: Are you sure it's not possible to run?

I did think that was it but Nus Lull is still here and the shack is not so it wasn't NL. Thanks anyway.

Back