Impact on professions of chipping skills

Thanks Qweeg. Can you confirm you've never crafted a weapon too?

I have crafted the odd weapon - but the amount of LWT I have gained from it would be about 10 max. Additionally I only started crafting weapons recently - prior to that I had a lot of fun with filters ;) - and my LWT has always been between around 150 and 250 higher than my rifle.

Just chipped 17 ped of combat reflexes. Screens will follow. No change I can see in pro standing, but I hopped it will be one... Bad ideea to chip this one...
I am at work, so in about 10 hrs the screens will be uploaded.

Your evader and probably also dodger profession lvl should have changed though. I think they are defensive skills.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Thanks BlackHawk. You might find quite a few professions have moved a little, rather than one or two moving a lot!

I think I would have been much better with a coolnes ow wounding chip instead of this one... but is good as it is. I will skill naturaly from now on.

Before:
skillcombat.jpg

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

After
combat1.jpg

Combat Reflexes Results

Thanks BlackHawk, that affects a lot of professions so good data to have! Do you by any chance have the other screenshots? Its plausible that Combat Reflexes could affect some of the other professions (Pyschotropian (Hit), Pyrotropian (Hit), Animal Tamer being the most likely).

Good result for the old pro-standing thread here which predicted 3% for laser sniper. Also confirmation of 11% for Evader that arose in another thread. Full results are:

Evader 11%
Dodger 10%
Decoy Dispenser 5%
Kinfefighter, Swordsman, One/Two-Handed Clubber (Hit) 5%
Brawler, Whipper (Hit) 3%
All Pistoleer (Hit) Professions 3%
All Sniper (Hit) Professions 3%

Analysis Summary

Analysis chip bought: 0.29 PED priced at 15 PED
Cost to insert: 2 PED
Total cost so far: 320 PED
Total skill gain so far: 1956.91
Total profession gain so far: 10.43

Analysis before: 39.71
Analysis after: 234.94
Change in Analysis: 195.23

Humanoid Investigator profession level change: 0.194
Impact of Analysis = 0.194*100/195.2 = 0.0991 = 10%
Mutant Investigator profession level change: 0.194
Impact of Analysis = 0.194*100/195.2 = 0.0991 = 10%
Robot Investigator profession level change: 0.202
Impact of Analysis = 0.202*100/195.2 = 0.1033 = 10%
Animal Investigator profession level change: 0.202
Impact of Analysis = 0.202*100/195.2 = 0.1033 = 10%

Maximum possible error = 0.41%

All other profession level changes: 0

Wiki updated

AnalysisBef.jpg

AnalysisAft.jpg

Last edited:
Professions Before Chipping Analysis

Last edited:
Professions After Chipping Analysis

Last edited:
+reps to Blackhawk and Jimmy B, this is good :)

*cant +rep now, must wait

:wtg: wtg guys

Sorry, but did not considered tho other screens... in future, if I ever chip in and out, I'll be more carefoul.

Zoology Summary

np BlackHawk, the first two pages were the most interesting ones anyway. We should be able to fill in the blanks for the other things once we've more of the skills done.

Zoology chip bought: 0.13 PED priced at 14 PED
Cost to insert: 2 PED
Total cost so far: 336 PED
Total skill gain so far: 2063.57
Total profession gain so far: 10.79

Zoology before: 2.20
Zoology after: 108.86
Change in Zoology: 106.66

Animal Investigator profession level change: 0.016
Impact of Zoology = 0.016*100/106.66 = 0.0151 = 2%
Animal Tamer profession level change: 0.145
Impact of Zoology = 0.145*100/106.66 = 0.136 = 14%
Pet Handler profession level change: 0.202
Impact of Zoology = 0.202*100/106.66 = 0.189 = 19%

Maximum possible error = 0.76%

All other profession level changes: 0

Wiki updated. Interestingly, wiki listed Whipper (Hit) as an activity you do that gains you zoology. However, the profession level was unchanged by the chipping. I'd be interested to know if you gain Zoology whilst whipping any mob, or only whilst whipping a tameable mob whilst in the process of taming it. I'd assume this is the case, its like when you gain anatomy through shooting a gun - its coming from doing the (Dmg) profession not the (Hit) profession.

ZoologyBef.jpg

ZoolAft.jpg

Chipping was done immediately after the Analysis one, so the starting professions are those listed after the Analysis chip.

Last edited:
Professions After Chipping Zoology

Last edited:
Chips to post that I've done are Athletics and Perception so don't go doing them especially.

Athletics (only dodger and evader changed but I went and posted them all anyway lol):

Chip:

Skill before / after:

before-skill_312262.jpg

skillafter.jpg

Last edited:
Pro Standings before Athletics chip

Pro Standings after Athletics chip

Last edited:
Wiki updated. Interestingly, wiki listed Whipper (Hit) as an activity you do that gains you zoology. However, the profession level was unchanged by the chipping. I'd be interested to know if you gain Zoology whilst whipping any mob, or only whilst whipping a tameable mob whilst in the process of taming it. I'd assume this is the case, its like when you gain anatomy through shooting a gun - its coming from doing the (Dmg) profession not the (Hit) profession.

You don't get zoology when whipping. Ever. So you can scratch that puzzle off the list. :)

Great work guys.

Athletics Results

Thanks ano. Particularly looking forward to the perception results, should be an interesting one! I have Inflict Melee Damage and Animal Taming chips to insert at some point btw.

The athletics chip gave

Dodger: 12%
Evader: 14%

pretty much spot on, within the 0.05% error allowed by the data. Not that its relevant here particularly, but I assume you also gained a HP or two from that chip too ano?

wiki has colourer listed as an activity from which you get athletics...which I presume is either from a comedian or someone who has been colouring clothes inside Solfais whilst being attacked by the mobs underneath the platform :D

You don't get zoology when whipping. Ever. So you can scratch that puzzle off the list. :)

Thanks Doer, seemed a little unlikely to me but pretty much all my whipping was done pre-taming so I couldn't be sure!

wiki has colourer listed as an activity from which you get athletics...which I presume is either from a comedian or someone who has been colouring clothes inside Solfais whilst being attacked by the mobs underneath the platform :D

Hehe - you do gain agility coloring but I've never seen an athletics skill increase with it.

Perception gave me a wide variety of pro standing increases including surveying... pics this evening :) - may even show you the 'You have gained a new level in uber loot finding profession' message ;) j/k

Also didn't notice a hp increase (no message), but will check when I get home.

I removed the noneffective skills from wiki. I think zoology is a leftover from before AT and athlectics with coloring bs. It was added by an unregistred user (this is why thats impossible now;))

Keep up the good work :cool:

Here are the skills for the Perception chip:

before-skill_826989.jpg

skillafter_390017.jpg

Forgot to screenie the chip but there we go

Pro Standings Perc chip

The 'Before' Pro Standings are the same as the 'After' standings for the Athletics chip as they were chipped consecutively. So here are the 'After' Pro Standings for the Perception chip:

On another note what I really like about this thread is how it debunks the whole chipping process - you can now see exactly what it is you are paying for when you buy one of the chips in the first post... I wonder if this will change chip prices at all?

The 'Before' Pro Standings are the same as the 'After' standings for the Athletics chip as they were chipped consecutively. So here are the 'After' Pro Standings for the Perception chip.

On another note what I really like about this thread is how it debunks the whole chipping process - you can now see exactly what it is you are paying for when you buy one of the chips in the first post... I wonder if this will change chip prices at all?

Thanks ano, I'll take a look at them later on today when I escape work!

I was wondering about whether chip prices might eventually be affected. But it seems to me the prices are more determined by the availability and how hard it is to skill than the actual effect of the skill. LWT being a pretty good example which has a pretty large effect on the relevant professions but is pretty easy to skill and is probably from the most commonly engaged professions in EU, therefor its easy to get hold of and so very cheap.

I was wondering whether there's any merit in skilling something thats rarer with the intention of chipping it all out and replacing with something thats more common. Haven't really looked into it in any great detail yet though.

This perhaps is a post for another thread so I won't elaborate too much but... In my limited experience of coloring... if you're concentrating on skilling tailoring and then color the clothes you produce before tt'ing them you take out the largest expense of skilling coloring which is that of bleacher decay. I reckon you can make a profit on coloring skills like this especially as the price for such skills seems to have gone up over the past few months. I'm also fairly sure that if you can find a cheap source of paint (say a soc :)) and get the most eco bleacher, the CBA-5 ME you can do it for profit. I see the same person selling coloring skills all the time on auction and can only assume this is the sort of thing that goes on.

It's all conjecture and you only profit when you chip out which means that the difference in the price you can sell the skill for and the cost of skilling needs to be greater than the cost of chipping it out... and with ESIs still above 1k% you need to have skilled very economically relative to the market value of the skill.

But that's all a bit off topic... I just bought a surveying implant so don't do that neither :) or MMS.

EDIT: And another thing! I went from 101 to 104 hp with the two above implants and then went to 105 when I put in the surveying implant...

Last edited:
Surveying

Chip

Skills before and after:

before-skill_601126.jpg
after-skill_861849.jpg

Mining Pro Standings after (before is the same as previously)

PS - any other professions you think might be changed?

PS - any other professions you think might be changed?

Thx ano, no I don't think surveying will change anything other than mining pros.

Perception Results

All exact:

Decoy Dispenser 14%
Prospector 5%
Surveyor 5%
All Investigator Professions 5%
All non-Mindforce combat (Hit) Professions 2%
Pet Handler 2%
Animal Tamer 1%

Interestingly there is nothing at all for Pyrotropian (Hit) nor Pyschotropian (Hit) so I assume you don't gain Perception whilst hunting with mindforce? Which is quite bad news for the perception~loot/item theory!

Surveying Results

Surveyor 50% precisely.

All exact:

Decoy Dispenser 14%
Prospector 5%
Surveyor 5%
All Investigator Professions 5%
All non-Mindforce combat (Hit) Professions 2%
Pet Handler 2%
Animal Tamer 1%

Interestingly there is nothing at all for Pyrotropian (Hit) nor Pyschotropian (Hit) so I assume you don't gain Perception whilst hunting with mindforce? Which is quite bad news for the perception~loot/item theory!

can't say i've ever noticed a perc gain when nerve blasting, so it seems consistent.

Perception-loot is an old wives tale anyways... ;)

Back