"Fee Free" Day

I would like to see implemented, similar to the once a year non sales tax day here in the States, one 24 hour period within EU where there are no fees. This would include auction fees, the fees associated with the new participant content signs, fees in shops, etc. While MA would lose out on a bit of revenue, I believe it would greatly infuse the economy with increased transactions and peds / equipment changing hands.

Surely some of you have thoughts on this ... please post 'em :)

Personally i would rather see something free for the hunters,miners & crafters that plough lots of ped daily into the loot pool and Mind Arc pockets. Not those that already make good amount money from trading in Entropia.

Personally i would rather see something free for the hunters,miners & crafters that plough lots of ped daily into the loot pool and Mind Arc pockets. Not those that already make good amount money from trading in Entropia.

i agree, it is funny how the trader always wants more and never sees the benefiting-needs of others, I guess that is want makes people to be traders :laugh:

all people are selfish, and this includes you, me, and MA

there's really nothing more to say regarding this thread :)

i agree, it is funny how the trader always wants more and never sees the benefiting-needs of others, I guess that is want makes people to be traders :laugh:

first off, i'm not a trader and have given no indication of being one, so I'm not sure that your statement is properly qualified

secondly, this would benefit those who buy at the auction and at shops ... the end-user winds up paying the majority of the fees

on a different note, i do like the "no decay" idea mentioned above, tho =))

first off, i'm not a trader and have given no indication of being one, so I'm not sure that your statement is properly qualified

secondly, this would benefit those who buy at the auction and at shops ... the end-user winds up paying the majority of the fees

on a different note, i do like the "no decay" idea mentioned above, tho =))

i am not directing this at you either.

It is just my observation, noone wants to pay salestax, but it is mainly due to products being atvertised in RL without added tax, so it pisses off when you buy a laptop for 1,999 and they slap a couple of hundred as saletax...

so i always try to weasel myself out of paying it... (70/30 i win :yay:)

in EU you always see the total price and a consumer deals with one-two items of the same so 2.5% is insignificant to affect my decision in buying.
Trader see the quantity and feels that 2.5% could turn into thousands of dollars...

anyway I was expecting no-decay day request from reading the thread title!

Yes give us a NO DECAY DAY :wtg:

all people are selfish, and this includes you, me, and MA

there's really nothing more to say regarding this thread :)

OK, well, being a tad selfish, I rather like the idea of a fee free day.
and,

Slightly off-topic, but,
A trader worth his/her salt, probably has found a way to avoid most of the fees, and would be far less impacted by this idea than any other.

A lot of hunters and miners sell to traders to avoid the auction fee on small quantities of goods and resources.

If you don't like traders, pay the auction and shop fees to MA, instead.

Like IRL, traders only make a profit because people deal with them. They provide a service, and should expect a reasonable recompense for their time and effort.

Back to topic:
I am not sure how this fee free day would really benefit anyone. the shop fees support the shop owners and the hunting mining taxes support the land owners. So, they lose out on revenue, and unless MA suspends whatever they are paying for that day, I don't see where this helps the end user all that much.
I think the decay free day might be more help, or perhaps a day where all repair terminal transactions are free?
THAT, I think, might be a good idea.

Yes give us a NO DECAY DAY :wtg:

I can get myself a kat determination and get 1000s of peds for free in a mob killing spree if that were to happen lol

Back to topic:
I am not sure how this fee free day would really benefit anyone.

LOL contradict yourself much? ;P there must be something in the water down in the Ozarks LOL

seriously all, thanks for your input and keep it coming if you have more to say =D

Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post

Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post

Back to topic:
I am not sure how this fee free day would really benefit anyone.

LOL contradict yourself much? ;P there must be something in the water down in the Ozarks LOL

seriously all, thanks for your input and keep it coming if you have more to say =D
:eek: :confused: :ahh:

I been taking lessons from our noble leaders in the capital. never hurts to cover your bases.

Actually that was a result of thinking while I was typing, and realizing that it probably was not going to benefit players as much as one might hope.
Probably the definition of what constitutes a fee, and who actually collects any fess paid is in order.

I now prefer the idea of either a decay-free day, or a free repair day.

I think it's a great idea Oz...it would also probably attract people who are taking a long break or have quit. They might want to come back during fee-free day and experiment with things, renew their apartment, make a few custom signs.

Nice idea.

I like the idea,

And I like the idea of No Decay... But then I would go out with Mod Fap and skill heal like the dickens for agilty and medic skills...

I'd like, say one day each month or quarter or rarer, when it's possible to TP free to and from CND (one trip there and one trip back). (At some events it's free to go *to* CND, but to come back from there after such events you still have to pay 25 ped *and* wait for the shuttle to get full).

As for auction fees, I don't really have an opinion, when I sell things there I usually want them to sell fast because I'm more or less broke anyway.

Well, interesting.

How about this:
MA can make a loot pool of free tax/repair. So you don't know whether you are going to get no tax or free repair, only find out when you are actually trading or repairing. So a bit like hunting, mining and such. Just a bit of spice in the life. Maybe you can pay a discounted rate for tax and repairing.

Nothing very new here, just use your thought with a twist.

Back